[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Struggling to find motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 670x982) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 670x982
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how you found motivation to lose weight. I'm 5'5" and I weigh 175 lbs... I'm definitely chubby and I'm sick of it but I can't seem to motivate myself to change my diet or hit the gym regularly. I keep telling myself "well I'm not THAT fat" or "some guys like chubby girls right?" How did you all begin the weight loss journey?
>>
Stare at yourself until you hate yourself

Repeat for 2 weeks

Worked for me
>>
File: Elvis restrains bird.jpg (178 KB, 628x594) Image search: [Google]
Elvis restrains bird.jpg
178 KB, 628x594
Realize a fraction of the time you spent playing vidya, had you used it effectively, would have left current you richer, fitter, happier, more interesting, healthier and with a better sex life.

It's not just lifting, it's life that's passing you by, and being fit is a foundation of it.

Sort your fucking life out mate. There's not long left.
>>
File: current body current year 1.jpg (411 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
current body current year 1.jpg
411 KB, 960x1280
Keep lifting until the urge to off yourself subsides
>>
>>37089756
well if u dont find the motivation to get up and stop being a fatass then u will continue on being a fatass
>>
>>37089773
>>37089805
It's true. I'm fat and I used to be in such good shape (130 lbs swam for my college too). I want that body back
>>
>>37089802
Yeah I'm not that depressed. I do have bad depression and anxiety (currently on meds and started therapy again), and exercise helps. Just gotta get back on the wagon ESPECIALLY in my diet
>>
>>37089797
Jeez... You have a point.
>>
>>37089802

pic is amazing
>>
>>37089756
>How did you all begin the weight loss journey?

doctor called me "obese"

and then i thought, "fuck, heart surgery would cost about 250K. diabetes might make me fucking lose a foot"
>>
>>37089925
According to my BMI I'm technically obese. I still fit into clothes in a regular women's section though (size 10), so I keep telling myself "I'm not that fat blah blah blah". I need my ass kicked to be honest
>>
>>37089962
>I need my ass kicked to be honest

go look up some pictures of diabetes. that will happen to you if you don't clean your shit up bbygurl

and you're not technically obese. you're FUCKING OBESE. you earned it!

live with it for a second
>>
>>37089983
It's so gross. I feel gross right now.
>>
>>37090041

find a way to go for an easy swim now. when you get back calculate your TDEE and come up with a diet plan. it's not gonna be crazy hard, you just have to think about it a little each day. marathon not a sprint.
>>
I got stuck trying to climb onto my roof and couldn't do a muscle up to get my fat ass on the roof. I hung there like a fat turd and almost started to cry: because of how weak I was. That was my rock bottom. The moment I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now Im a shredded cunt that still sucks at muscle ups but I look sick AF.
>>
>>37090073
Good thoughts. Thanks man.
>>
Just lift for the race war
>>
I put on around 25lbs over the winter and then spent an evening in the jeans I'd been wearing before the weight gain, it was so uncomfortable I realized how shitty it feels to be even slightly overweight. I don't know how anyone can be comfortable being fat, it was such a disgusting feeling and I was barely overweight.

Anyway, I dropped my daily intake to 1200-1500 calories and I'm now back to my original weight, but I figure I'm already on this course so I'll stick with it down to single digit bf%
>>
>>37090241
My TDEE is around 1500 as well. And yeah I gained weight over the winter too. It feels comfortable because I've let it become the norm for me... I feel gross though. I want my old swimmer's body back
>>
>>37090294

i'd also say don't dwell on that gross feeling, just go have fun getting in shape and get in touch with how high quality food makes you feel.

you don't want to become like the body dysmorphia train wrecks around here.
>>
>>37089756
Other people can't motivate you. You either want it or you don't. Come back when you actually care enough. Not to sound like r9k, but this board isn't meant for casual NYR and "summer ready" fags like you.
>>
>>37090330
I actually just went jogging for 20 mins, and it felt good. Feelin kinda proud
>>
>>37090414
This board is for fitness. Didn't realize motivation wasn't part of fitness... That's news to me. Thanks anon. Your insight is invaluable.
>>
File: timeslip doom.jpg (171 KB, 836x992) Image search: [Google]
timeslip doom.jpg
171 KB, 836x992
It's not motivation that you need, I'm willing to bet you have plenty of reasons to work out. What you are lacking is discipline, the thing that come hell or high water you go to the gym every day or whatever your schedule is.
>>
>>37091331
Discipline is good. Thanks man
>>
>>37089756
Gotta hit rock bottom man, that's the only thing that will motivate you to stick with it
Trying looking at yourself in the mirror while stoned, all I could think about was how pathetic I was
>>
>>37089756

Math should fix this.

(Life Expectancy - Current Age)/2 = Years left until you worry about diapers and retirement.

Go lift.
>>
The ultimate motivation.

"I want a body that i ll have 0 shame for having , when im at the beach."

> 0 fckin shame
> "im not thaaaaaat fat"

get the difference ?
>>
>>37091112
>I actually just went jogging for 20 mins, and it felt good. Feelin kinda proud

I think it'll be easy for you to get back on the wagon. Good job.

Here's the non-shilliest food nutrition site btw:

http://www.whfoods.com

So you can feel like broccoli is giving you super powers

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9
>>
>>37090414
>Other people can't motivate you. You either want it or you don't.

I don't. How do I want things?
>>
>>37091396
>http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9

I don't knock the benefits of broccoli, but anything that's coming from an Emperor Palpatine looking motherfucker has got to be suspect.
>>
>>37091365
I avoid mirrors like the plague so maybe I'll stare at myself some more.
>>37091389
Big difference.
>>37091396
Thanks man!
>>
>>37089756

It isn't only about how you look but also how you feel. Exercise is adictive, dopamine is great and you just feel better being able to move yourself faster and efortlesly
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.