[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to improve my bench /fit/ i've been stuck for a long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: itwillallbeoversoon.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
itwillallbeoversoon.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
how to improve my bench /fit/
i've been stuck for a long time now (1year+) on 90-95 kg and i can't get over it. my deadlift and squat are improving (170DL,130SQ). but i have problems with the bench. Any tips for me? Tried switching to dumbells for a while and trying to do decline for a while now but nothing seems to help.

Pic somewhat related
>>
>>37086960
How many reps per set do you do, and how many sets?
>>
>>37087000
usually start with just warming up, kind of stretching with the bar without weight 20-30 reps.

Then (everything is in KG)
60x12-15
70x10
80x6-10
90x1-3

Sometimes 95 if my 90 goes well

Cooling down set of 50-60 KG for +-12 reps
>>
>>37086960
sheiko bench program
>>
>>37086960
Are you sure you can't just add 2.5 lbs. to each side, work with that for 3 weeks, then add another 2.5 lbs to each side?
>>
>>37087190
i can but never tried that for some reason.. Most of the time i don't have a spotter so i ask some random guy in the gym and i don't like asking him 2-4 times to spot me.
>>
Blast your triceps and front delts between workouts. What other chest exercises are you doing? You eating at a surplus or cutting?
>>
>>37087219
this is fine if the guy is working out right near you. he'll be cool with it if he's not a total dbag, he has to rest between sets anyway. but don't be like this guy at the gym who would search for me just so I can spot when I'm doing leg curls 5 miles away
>>
Heres a tip. Natty lifting is slow af.

You probably wont bench 315 for 2-3 more years.

Just takes time man. Keep it going
>>
The Athlean X guy had a video on this awhile back. I wish I could remember the name of the video, but he said the best thing you can do is actually adding more weight (about 5-10lbs) and do less reps. If you are already at your ORM, then lessen the weight and do higher reps with the lower weight.
>>
>>37086960

it's all in the triceps bro, you have to do triceps every fucking day! bench and ohp are 70% triceps excercises
>>
File: Kirill 335kg Bench.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kirill 335kg Bench.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>37086960

Sheiko, Nuckols, or C6W

http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
>>
>>37087304
Found it.

https://youtu.be/TDBSSQD0kk0?t=5m16s
>>
>>37087451
danke!
>>
>>37087348

That's impressive, but i think it's not actually 2 times BW
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.