[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is there a specific feeling when you are burning fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9
File: 1444250115665s.jpg (9 KB, 250x156) Image search: [Google]
1444250115665s.jpg
9 KB, 250x156
So, is there a specific feeling when you are burning fat?
>>
>>37086507
Yes. It's called "a pulse."
>>
>>37086548
>Because burning glucose doesn't raise your pulse at all
>>
>>37086569

No, because you always burn fat.
>>
Is it a good sign if you're nauseous after exercise?
>>
>>37086634
Not really, but it's not uncommon. Usually happens because your blood has been shunted away from your guts to your muscles. Or because you drank too much water.
>>
>>37086507
I'm going to start cycling to work. I will shower at work, so in theory I can get out of bed, brush teeth and get cycling.

But should I have a breakfast at home? Or is having it at work OK?
>>
>>37086708
Meal timing doesn't matter that much. Mostly personal preference. Do you feel better in the morning if you eat first or if you exercise first? Do you like to eat while you work, or relax and watch the sun come up while you eat? Neither is really "better."
>>
>>37086749
Personally I'd rather get going to work, rather than relax and watch the sun come up.

I was just wanting to make sure there wasn't a particularly better way. Probably have to eat at home then, as I have no cereal/milk at work.
>>
>>37086806
could grab breakfast on the way. or skip it entirely. or do a "bulletproof" coffee thing and put coconut oil in your coffee at work.

lots of options.
>>
>>37086844
Skipping a meal? I barely make it to lunch as is when I drive to work and have a breakfast bar. Cycling to work isn't going to let me survive
>>
>>37086883
missing one meal a day won't kill you. just have a big lunch to make up for it. or a big dinner.

or eat before you leave. either way is fine. I just wanted to give you some options.
>>
I've been doing this for about two weeks now and today I was on an exercise bike and after about fifteen or twenty minutes KIND OF started enjoying it.

Can I expect this to increase? Will it become more enjoyable the more I do it?

Also, as far as muscle building goes I've been doing seated leg presses (10*3 sets, 135 kilos), lat pull downs, pec flies, chest press and seated row (10*sets, 65kgs). I was doing this every day but someone told me it would kill my gains and I should alternate. How true is this? When will I start seeing noticeable results presuming a pretty solid diet?
>>
>>37086507
Yes, you feel a pounding sensation in your rectal area
>>
>>37086922
Yeah, after a while exercise is a pleasant stress relief for a lot of people.

You should notice your muscles feeling a little harder after a few weeks, noticeably more muscle after a few months, and you'll probably have a decent and capable body after a couple years.
>>
Few questions here, but worth a shot.

1) I've been cycling every day, giving it an hour, and then running a bit. Is it better to focus on one? Pretty positive cycling is strengthening my lower body but most of my fat retention is still in the gut.

2) Ketosis question. Been swinging back into it and noticed that my stomach is almost always making sounds. Not really a growl, but a short gurgle. Drives me insane. Any way to get around this?
>>
>>37087045
1) It's fine to do both. Where you store fat is genetic and is not affected by exercise. Don't forget to do some upper body work, too. Maybe swimming?

2) You could try less fiber. Some people's tummies just make noise sometimes, though.
>>
File: IMG_20160508_182848.jpg (147 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_182848.jpg
147 KB, 600x600
What should I work on?
>>
>>37087099
Not many areas to swim, but I lift 3 days a week so that should hopefully cover it. Thanks for the advice, mate.
>>
How do I get up to lmao2pl8? Been lifting for 3 months and my chest workout is bench press, incline dumbbell press and cable crossovers and I do this every 3 days.

My max bench press is stuck at 85 kg (including the 20kg bar) and I started at 1pl8 adding 2.5kg every workout but no longer progressing.
>>
File: 41rD1xRAJoL.jpg (21 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
41rD1xRAJoL.jpg
21 KB, 500x288
>>37087176
forearms

buy some fat gripz, do rows
>>
>>37087176
Legs.
>>
>>37087179
lifting is fine, too. I was mostly just teasing you about the bike/run thing with the swimming.
>>
>>37086569
cool fact, muscles prefer to use Fat over glucose due to it being more oxdised then fat. Ceebs finding the papers demonstrating various levels of muscle biopsy before and during and after exercise showing the increases in fat.
>>
>>37087199
perodize

i.e. you need an intermediate program where you increase the weight weekly instead of every workout.

for example, you could do this:

A
bench 5x5 sets across

B
OHP 3x3

C
Bench 1RM

AxBxCxx

Add sets on day A if the 1RM isn't going up. Remove sets on day A if the 1RM starts going down.
>>
>>37087199
>lmao

kill yourself
>>
Is it normal for my internal organs to feel sore after working out?
>>
>>37088000
I'm no physician but I guarantee it's not your organs you're feeling, because no that's not normal.
Probably intercostals.
>>
>>37086507

Uncomfortable but not lethargic
>>
Is it ok to drink whole milk on a cut? Or hell, at all? What's with the whole estrogen stuff. Fill me in fit. Is it green milk I should be drinking or what. Currently cutting. I have some with my cereal
>>
>>37088000
Sort of common. Probably not really anything to worry about unless it's severe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4281377/
>>
>>37088050
As long as you keep your calories low enough you'll lose weight. They could come from pure white sugar and it wouldn't matter for weight loss.
>>
I fell for the 1-DHEA (1-Andro) meme and now my libido is diminished and I get testicular pain when I ejaculate. I'm only taking 400mg a day (200 every 12 hours). Did I fuck myself up for life? I hope not. The gains were average.
>>
>>37088053
>stitch
clearly not what he was on about
>>
I swim 3 days a week and am on my feet for work 3-4 days a week. Does this constitute light or moderate exercise in terms of calculating my TDEE?
>>
>>37088087
Your notion of what constitutes "clearly" is likely faulty.
>>
File: 467563654.png (246 KB, 476x396) Image search: [Google]
467563654.png
246 KB, 476x396
>>37088035
>>37088053
No, I've felt stitches before, this is new. It hurts between my belly button and my ribcage, around pic related. And it doesn't feel like the muscles hurting either. Perhaps I should seek out a doctor.
>>
>>37088112

It depends on how much you are moving around on your feet and at what intensity and how much you swim on those days and at what intensity.
>>
>>37088112
Moderate.
>>
>>37088122
well fuck me i made the circle too high
>>
>>37088122
>>37088141

Describe the pain. Severity on a scale of 1 to 10? Burning, sharp, dull, shooting?
>>
>>37088122
More electrolytes
>>
>>37088079
look for the "cheating frauds" thread
>>
Am I guaranteed to lose fat on a calorie deficit?
>>
>>37088158
2, just_a_little_bit.jpg

Dull. It's not that bad really, I just never felt anything like it before. I've only been working out for 6 months, so I'll probably get used to it or it'll just go away. Just wondered if I'm a special snowflake or if I should be worried.
>>
>>37088197
You might lose lean mass only if you have a rare severe case of lipedema or are extremely lean already, in which case you'll lose lean mass. Otherwise yes, you'll lose fat.
>>
>>37088171

Last time they told me to come here. Apparently they are into harder drugs.
>>
>>37088232
Sounds like a stitch to me. Try planks to help strengthen your abs or something and see if that helps.
>>
>>37088240
This place is for really basic stuff, not PCT for prohormones. You might want to ask on a specialized steroid forum.
>>
Bug just landed in my shake. I ate it. I need to keep up with my macros.

>How many grams of protein/ 1 flying insect?
>>
>>37088304
Not enough to worry about.
>>
>>37088304
about 0.2g/insect
>>
File: n34534.png (536 KB, 606x608) Image search: [Google]
n34534.png
536 KB, 606x608
family I just found out that to bulk with my stats I need to eat fucking 3k calories a day when I'm used to eating 1.5-2k at the most. How the fuck do I approach suddenly eating twice what I'm used to?
>>
>>37088321
>>37088326
Will i get zika? :O
>>
>>37088339
It's virtually certain.

Of course you post on 4chan so you already suffer from anecephaly.
>>
>>37088335
Every week bump it up by 100 kcals a day. Have an extra slice of toast at breakfast. Have a glass of juice with dinner. That sort of thing.
>>
>>37088335
You take the extra food and shove it down the same hole your other food went in
>>
>>37088380
Kek
>>
>>37088197
In theory you are guaranteed to lose tissue, but you can never guarantee how much of it will be fat and not muscle.

If an overestimate for your TDEE and underestimate for your daily caloric intake causes you to eat at maintenance then you will not lose weight.
>>
>>37088380
hilarious. sorry I'm not an obese fucker that is used to eating obscene amounts of food. you probably can't even see your penis.
>>
>>37088447
>le eating is hard meme
At least hamplanets can eat a lot. You're such a little bitch ass cuck you whine over eating more, literally the easiest thing in the world. Just eat it, you're not a special snowflake.
>>
Does weightlifting at a growing age (16-17) stunt growth or is that complete bs?
>>
>fuck up with someone I genuinely could have built something with
>don't even know why, I was just horribly depressed and not good at making any decisions
>still depressed and anxious
>feel like there is nothing to look forward to
>only lifting keeps me going
>look at people having fun and wonder how they do it
>even if I'm "happy" it feels fake
>want to just move away and start new but can't right now (money)

I legit want to off myself, and it's fucking scaring me how often I think about it
>>
>>37088508
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3194019/
>>
>>37088508
Exercise during puberty promotes growth, that's why privately educated boys/girls are on average taller than state equivalent.
>>
>>37088495
>literally the easiest thing in the world
>is a hamplanet

ya don't say
>>
>>37088508
Complete BS. Even kids can do it. Like 8 year olds, man.

Generally you don't want to specialize too early, though.

>>37088523
you sound depressed. get some sun, talk to people, give people hugs, smile more, see a comedy movie, go for a nature walk, etc. If all else fails, maybe see a therapist.
>>
>>37088542
Learn2read faggot ass twink
>>
>>37088534
>Mechanical loading of the bone is important for epiphyseal plate physiology. Exercise has a healthy function on the normal growth of this important biomechanical feature. Clinically, over-exertion in the form of increased load bearing on the epiphyseal growth plate creates an ideal injury. There is a paucity of research on inactivity on the epiphyseal growth plate resulting in stress deprivation. Further research should take into consideration what lack of exercise and lessened mechanical load bearing has on the function of the epiphyseal growth plate.

What does this mean?
>>
>>37088562
liftan is gud for growin
>>
>>37088562
it means you need to use your bones for them to develop properly, but stressing them out is bad
>>
>>37086507
I would feel a tingly sensation in my groin area.
>>
>>37088550
Gonna do all these in order, I've been to therapy but only for anxiety

Thanks man, I wish all of you well and don't get into the spiral of depression like me, get rid of it before it gets too serious
>>
>>37088523
Other guy who replied to you is right. I'm in the same boat as you but I'm getting over it. You just have to take all of it and grow, you know? I still think about it, about her but I just wasn't the best version of me. Trying to fix that and have a better tomorrow.

As long as you're growing you'll get there, bro.
>>
File: xyience-energy-og-image-default.jpg (227 KB, 1800x936) Image search: [Google]
xyience-energy-og-image-default.jpg
227 KB, 1800x936
How bad are these things on a cut?

My cut is going great but the only thing I really crave is energy drinks. These apparently have no calories or sugar and negligible carbs. Just tried one and it tasted surprisingly good.

Is it going to hold back my cut if I drink two of these per week?
>>
>>37088997
>I still think about it, about her but I just wasn't the best version of me. Trying to fix that and have a better tomorrow.

Damn, same. I know she liked me a lot but it wouldn't be fair on her, I'm so messed up. I know there's better people out there always and I'll find someone, but I can't imagine it
>>
>>37089026
>Is it going to hold back my cut if I drink two of these per week?

Those 5 kcal a week will definitely ruin your cut
>>
>>37089038
Its hard to imagine and you dwell on a lot of it but a person or an activity doesn't fix us. It has to be us, be from us and for us. Don't let guilt eat you alive, bro. We all make mistakes.

You'll know when you're ready.
>>
>>37089026
>no kcals
>no sugar

In terms of weight loss you'll be fine. Whether it's good for general health or not is debatable.
>>
>>37088997
>>37089038
I don't into relationships and it seems like a huge waste of time and effort, what's so compelling about it? Genuinely asking, I've never had an urge to commit to someone and I never really get lonely enough to care.
>>
>>37089073
It's being with someone who gets you. Sharing your life and shit. Honestly, for me, it was all the little things. The way she laughed, how perfectly her hand fit into mine.

Little things lend to a big picture.
>>
>>37089073
For me it's someone caring about me when they don't have to. Like, family has to because we're blood. But another person, loving you in that way? I can't imagine how good that would feel.

To start from being strangers to being inseparable, to family and raising mini yous.
>>
>>37089095
>>37089098
>someone who gets you
What does it mean to get someone?

I don't really care about the other arguments because I get those feelings from either my friends, my hobbies or my work. Again, I'm genuinely curious and I don't want to diminish or minimize your views or feelings.
>>
What type of pushups works out your pecs the most? I need to work on those muscles specifically, I work out alone at home and can't risk crushing my neck or chest with a barbell.
>>
>>37089148
Wish I could explain it, bro. It's just this warm, gooey feeling in your chest.
>>
>>37089161
That's just seems like the feeling of being in love, right? Sorry if I'm being a dick but I just can't wrap my head around people depending on someone else for their own happiness.
>>
>>37089222
Nah its not depending on someone, it's just being positively reinforced and sharing something. You're two pieces to a puzzle and it makes forms a bigger picture. One you wouldn't have separately.

I'm not good at this stuff, bro. If I knew all this I'd be married. Lol. I can't give you a good answer.
>>
Does cheatmeal (1/week) have to be within your daily macro budget?
>>
File: teleports_behind_you.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
teleports_behind_you.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
How soon after a binge does weight gain occur? If I look and weigh the same the next day am I likely to gain fat later that week?
>>
>>37089308
Usually immediately after and for the next few days as water weight
>>
>>37088335

Easiest way is to drink some extra milk.
>>
Does metabolism really slow down as you get older? My wife seems to be getting fatter; she's 34 now and she seems like she's lost what little muscle she had. It doesn't seem like her eating habits are changing significantly. Is this a real thing? I thought it was just an excuse...
>>
>>37089308
if you shove 5lb of food in your throat you'll gain 5lb weight instantly faggot
>>
>>37088335
gradually so your stomach stretches and your digestive system adapts
>use oils
>eat nuts
in other words add caloric density but not to the extent that you're sacrificing variety.
>liquid calories are easier to make it through than solid calories.
>eat every two hours
it also helps your appetite if you eat meals you enjoy

high calorie meal ideas:
>cottage cheese, peanuts and raisins - 600cal a small bowl
>flageolet beans, carrot, cucumber, apple, feta cheese and olive oil salad w. pitta bread (eggs optional)
you can make other salads like that as a way of getting nutritional variety and the high-caloric density of the oil nto your diet
>>
File: IMG_6022.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6022.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
I'm poor as shit and moved to a new place.

Can't afford gym membership and there is no exercise area in any parks nearby so I'm doing SS in the place I'm renting for the time being, my only issue is the pullup bar I improvised.

The only place with a support to hang it from is in the service room, which is a hollow metal bar to support a lightweight cover. The bar itself is soldered to bars on each side, and I'm not sure how well it could support my weight, which is around 190lbs. Could any brahs with experience with metal enlighten me? I literally cannot afford to break anything.
>>
File: IMG_6021.jpg (317 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6021.jpg
317 KB, 1200x900
>>37089681
Second image for perspective. Just now noticed the default size monstrosity.
>>
I work out 7 days a week for about 1.5 hours / day, is this doing more harm than good or are 'rest days' just an excuse to be lazy?
>>
>>37088335
Let me know if you ever get used to it, I still like cutting better than bulking because I feel like I spend half my day eating during bulks.
>>
Are you supposed to eat less on rest days or the same as if you were working out?
>>
>>37090314

if its cardio its fine. if its lifting take at least 1 rest day. or maybe 2.

I personally go 5 days lifting and 1 day playing soccer.

if you are an ultimate beginner 3 days for the first 1-2 months should be enough. then go higher

remember that you dont build muscle when you re at the gym. you do it when you rest.
>>
>>37091068

Same protein (your organism might take up to 36 hours after the workout to repair your muscle tissues if im right) you could decrease the calories.
>>
How do you know if you're getting enough potassium? I'm on a strict diet and have been using Light Salt for my sodium/potassium. However, according to nutrition facts I would need to consume 14 grams of it daily to reach my potassium requirement, which seems high.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.