[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1427224122701.jpg (86 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1427224122701.jpg
86 KB, 500x750
Anything else to life that work, lifting and women breaking your heart?
>>
Yes, yourself.
>>
>>37083393
I like the rhythm of your sentence, OP
>>
>>37083539
Why?
>>
>>37083639
Not oher anon, but for one it's a tricolon crescendo and rhetorically pleasing.
>>
i do mind squats, as a matter of fact i just mind squated 500 right now as i typed this post..
>>
PAID SHILLS
A
I
D

S
H
I
L
L
S
>>
>>37083393
Been chronically depressed for about 8 years (been extra bad for the past year since a breakup) been lifting for 1.5 and just recently started introducing more cardio into my routine( doctor recommended it. It's helped enough for me to be able to stop taking anti-depressants but I still have trouble getting out of bed some days, still dwell on past mistakes and have become a bit of a hermit. Has lifting ever completely lifted any of you guys out of serious long term depression?

Also recently ordered 50g of phenibut heard it helps with anxiety and depression so maybe it can help me out of the house and going to my classes more often without feeling uncomfortable as shit.
>>
File: jvos-2-dec-2009-10-2[1].jpg (42 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
jvos-2-dec-2009-10-2[1].jpg
42 KB, 640x425
>>37083393
i paint shit.
>>
>>37083868
Damn, that's a fuckton of detail breh
>>
>>37083393
Ofcourse there is brother! This world is amazing. There are mountains you can climb, cities to visit, races to be won, animals to study, books to be read, movies to watch.

There are people you can talk to, people that you can help, a lot of lives you can positively influence.

There's is no greater purpose to life, it is what it is, so the only thing you gotta worry about is how you spend the time you've got here.

Just live the fuck out of it!

>just decided to buy a kayak tomorrow
>>
>>37083718
Didn't even notive that, thanks i guess
>>
>>37083902
But how, if society urges you to finish school, find a job, start a family and then ultimately die in some shit hole?
Where do you take the time to explore the world?
>>
>>37083924
>but how if society urges you to do X thing
Your first step in self improvement is to completely disregard what others think of you.
>>
>>37083931
How
>>
>>37083902
You get it
>>
>>37083924
I'm married, went to college, have a job. It doesn't matter. You can still do awesome things. Taking my wife for glacier climbing in Iceland this summer.

Even when you have kids you can do cool stuff. Very fond memories of climbing mountains with my dad for example.

It's the attitude you need to change: just do what you like and commit to it.
>>
>>37083952
Dunno nigga, I'm not here to answer the hard questions. Good luck!
>>
>>37083393
Women who break my heart are a full time occupation
Still havent gotten over the last one and its been over a year now
>>
>>37083393
I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.
If I feel uncomfortable in a public place, I get these Paresthesia in my arms and at worst in my legs and face. I feel like going back to home and go to my comfortable place.
Only thing I noticed that helps is alcohol. If I drink a couple of beer, I don't get them.
>>
File: jvos-2-dec-2009-21[1].jpg (43 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
jvos-2-dec-2009-21[1].jpg
43 KB, 640x425
>>37083878
tanks breh
>>
>>37084030
swell work, you should use your gift for game artworks
>>
File: DSC01832[1].jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC01832[1].jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>37084073
i cant paint 2-D at all though.
>>
>>37083993
>>37084002
exactly my thoughts
>>
>>37083868
>>37084030

Cool! Kind of looks like something that would be in Blade Runner.
>>
>>37083833
Been depressed for 3 years and medicated for 2ish years.

I've found that lifting does not "cure" depression but it is a great intervention strategy. It gives structure to my free time, it is great for when I feel absolutely shit to go and lift and flood my brain with endorphins and I feel better for few hours.

My depression kills my motivation though, so I often don't really see the point of lifting, but I do it anyway due to sheer force of willpower.

Phenibut is great but be VERY VERY careful with it. I've been using it for about a year with strict cycling schedule (no more than three days a week, no more than 2 days in a row) and you build tolerance super quick, side-effects increase (especially throwing me into a depressive episode 2 days after) while the positive effect wears off.

The way I see it it it ensures a good day and a half and then ensure terrible 2 days after. SO if I have something that is very important for me where I need to be in a good mood (like an anniversary, or a social engagement or whatever) I trade in good today for shit tomorrow and day after tomorrow.

Also, don't fuck with withdrawals, they're brutal.
>>
>>37084594
Well I only have uni 3 days a week, so I was gonna use it monday and wednesday and tough out uni on friday.

Then if I go out on the weekend I may have a third dose of the week but usually I just work.

I know what you mean by the complete destruction of motivation, I still managed to keep myself lifting for the most part excluding 3 months where I was really bad. Unfortunately I can't seem to use that willpower regarding my studies despite them being my best chance of getting out of this endless funk.
>>
I broke up with my girlfriend last week. She called me up wanting to have a sex-only relationship. I went over there and spent then say with her and her nieces, then fell asleep crying in her arms like a little bitch without even putting it in. I'm a complete mess
>>
>>37083868
>eldar fags
>>
>>37083393
Playing in my band
Career progression at work, idk if that counts as separate from actually turning up and doing my job but whatever.
>>
>>37084722
Women hurt like fuck, I just want to hold my ex, it's been a year and I still keep thinking I smell her perfume and it makes my heart flutter.
I have a feeling my inability to get over her is the current shit state of my life, I systematically lost a lot of things until she was the only good aspect of my life left I was already depressed but at least when I was with her I was always happy, then when she left it felt like being I was being abandoned in this inescapable pit.
Like she saw me as a sinking ship and she gets to shoot to the surface while I keep plummeting.

My head's not in a good state bros.
>>
File: pleeb.png (266 KB, 430x440) Image search: [Google]
pleeb.png
266 KB, 430x440
>>37083393
brehs I can't even get myself to lift anymore. I don't enjoy any of my old hobbies. It's all I can do to drag myself to work and occasionally to the grocery store. It's gotten so monotonous that I kinda figure this is gonna be my life forever...wake up, go to work, bum at home while bored and lonely, sleep, repeat for days and weeks and months and years. My life will unfold in a certain way and it's all. so. tiring.

Is this depression? I've no reason to be. things are going well in my career and relationship. I still laugh at comedies and can crack jokes ...and yet I kinda don't see the point in playing out a path that I can already see unfolded out in front of me.
>>
For any depressed bros: Read "The Drama of the gifted Child" by Alice Miller, a Swiss Psychotherapist. She explains a common origin of depression by subconcious needs of your parents. It's like 200 pages and very fascinating.
>>
>>37084830
this isn't what I want to read on mother's day
>>
>>37083393
who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>37083924

>what if society urges you to

Your wife's son urges you to buy him a new a car. Do you do it?

(Hint: the answer is likely yes because you had to ask that question)
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.