[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I lifted on Friday and had a rest day on Saturday. Should I lift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nf6q30SfrV1twp1x6o1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf6q30SfrV1twp1x6o1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x667
I lifted on Friday and had a rest day on Saturday. Should I lift today even though I still have DOMS from two days ago?
>>
>>37078774
I just lift 3 days a week
>>
>>37078801

Well, yeah, that's what I mean. I tend to lift every other day so it works out to 3.5 days per week on average. I guess to rephrase my question better, I'm asking whether I can lift with DOMS without risking fucking myself up.
>>
Yeah. It'll go away as you lift.
>>
>lifting 3 days a week for 45 minutes
>not gonna make it
>>
>>37078835
Where do you get DOMS?
>>
Lifting with DOMS is fine, pretty sure it's good for recovery even since it increases blood flow to your muscles. Lift away OP.
>>
>>37078886

Arms and chest, since I last did benchpress and I'm trying to work out whether to go for it again. I think the extended DOMS is because I haven't benched for a while and just focused on OHP and squats because I've been really busy with work and uni for the last three months and haven't been doing arms/chest as much.
>>
>>37078774
Depends how bad it is and where your doms is. Are you doing the same lifts that caused doms, like on ss or something? If you have "can't walk up/down stairs properly" tier doms then maybe give it a bigger rest or just go light, but if it's just a little sore then it should be fine. Its better to wait until you don't have doms anymore before lifting again, but you won't hurt yourself if you go again today and the more frequently you work out the less doms you get
>>
>>37078929

Yeah I think you're right. I just went to lift the bar and it was a bit of a struggle even to get past one rep where I usually go for 8.
>>
>>37078926
>DOMS in pecs

I'm jelly, I never get a sore chest after bench pressing
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.