[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best exercise/muscles to prevent or mitigate future knee injuries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: knees.jpg (64 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
knees.jpg
64 KB, 800x533
Best exercise/muscles to prevent or mitigate future knee injuries?

>the very idea of having a knee injury scares me shitless for some reason
>>
>>37077358
Mobilize hips and ankles.
>>
>>37077358
The very idea of doing a back flip does the same for me. Used to do them all the time though
>>
>>37077358
Deep squats.
>>
>>37077358
As it should. I haven't been able to work legs for over a month now because of it.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (55 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
55 KB, 500x473
>tfw one knee hurts when you sit down
>>
squats tend to unfuck my knees if I do them correctly.
>>
Vmo hurts on right leg

What do
>>
>>37077358
Yoga.
>>
Stand up OP.

Now bend from the hips and try to touch your torso onto your thighs, bend your knees to accomplish this if you're not flexible enough.

Next place your hands behind your knees and try to straighten your legs, focus on relaxing your hamstrings.

Feel dem knee gains.
>>
>>37080798
Can you find a video of this stretch? Can't visualize what you're saying. Sorry still learning English
>>
>>37080798

Don't forget to keep your back straight babe.
>>
>>37080823

1. Stand up, feet close together, about 6 inches apart.
2. Keep your back straight and bend forward till you feel a stretch in your hamstrings.
3. Grab the back of your leg and slowly pull your torso towards your thighs.
4. Now try to straighten your legs while pulling your torso towards your thigh.
>>
>>37080942
>>37080798
don't liston to this yoga faggots, the best way to avoid knee injury is to stengtion the muscles and bone destiny around the knees so they have more support and less impact stress.
Squats and deadlifts. I don't mean putting 500 pounds on the bar, but normie level stuff.
other then that avoid knee impact sports (like tennis and marathon running).
but a lot fo it is genetic, sorry :(
>>
>>37081115
Any tips for vmo muscle

Right knee feels iffy
>>
>>37081115

Yeah do this, but do my suggestion first. Your body will thank you.
>>
first of all, make sure your walking technique is good. you need to push off with your toes and make sure your opposite shoulder is coming forward with each stride, feet pointing straight forward.

if you run, you need to address your running technique. look up "natural running". it talks about a mid-foot strike and using the natural springiness of your body as a way to save joint stress and energy.

do squats past parallel, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, one leg deadlifts. stretch and roll everything out, especially your IT bands
>>
>>37077358

Ass to the grass pause squats.

Start with REASONABLE weight, slowly work your way up. (Don't be an idiot anon.)

Go all the way down as far as you can, pause for two breaths, go back up, pause for two breaths. (Repeat for 6 reps, 6 sets)

Deadlift with PROPER form, use REASONABLE weight. (6 reps, 6 sets)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.