[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is jogging/running up and down stairs a legit calorie burner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1462402901531.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1462402901531.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
Is jogging/running up and down stairs a legit calorie burner or is it a meme?
>>
>>37075858
Lol are you seriously this retarded?
>>
asking if something is a meme is a fucking meme.

You ever try running up a fucking hill?
>>
>>37075858
Good for some high intensity cardio, like hill sprints, but doing cardio purely for burning calories is stupid.

The best way to take in less calories is to eat less
>>
>>37075858
no because when you go down the stairs you gain back the energy is took to get up them

it's called gravity
>>
>>37075948
oh, thanks for this clarification! I'm out
>>
File: topkek.jpg (24 KB, 446x500) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
24 KB, 446x500
>>37075948
Nice one!
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 470x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 470x358
>>37075948

This
>>
>>37075948
wew
>>
>>37075948
You gain energy when you go up you fucking retard
Try learning some god damn physics before commenting on my board again
>>
>>37076270
This. The heigher you go, the less gravity there is according to Newton's laws. You absorb the gravitational energy.
>>
>>37076475
>>37076270
the post wasn't meant to be srs but there are multiple forms of energy, kinetic energy being one of them

the retardation is too much
>>
>>37075948
ok time to get off of 4chan for the day
>>
>>37076551
Yeah, so you can potential/gravitational and kinetic energy as you go up you fucking retard
Try learning some god damn physics before commenting on my board again
>>
Only if there are exactly 5 stairs
>>
>>37075858
No, it doesn't do anything. When you go up, you just move your energy into potential energy. When you go back down, it switches back into fat energy.

Same reason why all cardio doesn't burn hardly any calories. (energy)=(force)x(displacement) where displacement means the straight line distance between start and end points. Since you always eventually return to your bed to sleep, you burn no energy moving around all day. All the energy you use just comes from whatever energy is used to stay alive: thermal dissipation, digestion, etc.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.