[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lifting setups at home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 20160507_173640.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160507_173640.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hey /fit/ rate my setup
poor as shit but enough for me to get started lifting
>>
>>37073876
Get a $40 flat bench from amazon and more weight.
>>
>gloves
>>
>>37073876

Bought the same few days ago.
Plan on getting a bench for full utilization of dumbbells.
>>
Guy near me is selling a set of those bowflex adjustable dumbells for less than half of retail price. Are the worth it at that or just a meme?
>>
>>37074238
>wanting meathooks
>>
>>37074234
I have more discs not in pic but yeah i should really get a bench, should I get one with a barbell rack even though I don't have a bar at this point in time?

>>37074238
how else do i give my boyfriend silky smooth handjobs?

>>37074262
Dumbells are good yo, you can get them cheap on places like amazon so shop around first
>>
Get a pull up bar from goodwill or Craigslist
>>
>>37074339
oh yeah I have a pull up bar too forgot about that
>>
>>37073876
wtf faggot? buying gym membershio would be much cheapier and also u could have everything there instead of shitty dumbells and gloves.
>>
>>37074414
please explain how £50 is more than a £300 a year gym membership
>>
>>37074510
Because a £300 membership gets you a hell of a lot more then £50 worth of equipment. A decent gym gets you access to squat racks, benches, a complete dumbbell set, treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machines, and a ton of other stuff.

To put together just the basic setup I'd need for a rack that I could wheel in a bench would cost about $1-2k depending on quality.
>>
>>37074414
>paying monthly fee
>having to drive there
>having to deal with other people

Even if buying your own equipment was more expensive (definitely isn't) the convenience would be worth it. If you have the space there's really no reason to fall for the gym jew.
>>
File: 1462294452987.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462294452987.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
Not that guy, but can you get /fit/ with this?
I've been lifting for like 8 months with this (my adjustable dumbbells are now up to 22kg each)
My noob gains aren't that bad.
>>
>>37074647
I got somewhat decent arms from chin-ups and an okay chest from lots of pushups, I did the 100 pushup routine thing (google)

if you don't do those then definitely do
throw in db shrugs too, and shoulder flyes
>>
>>37074602
I have a:
Power rack (built with wood)
420 pounds in olympic plates
A 40 pound dumbbell set
A pullup bar
Dip bar
Olympic bar
Chain with pool noodle for weighted dips/chins
Bench set with 100 standard weight
Super Curl olympic bar
Two mats
And some heavy ass resistance bands that are stackable

Everything was brand new

All that cost me is around 800 bucks Canadian and I'll have all that forever or a long time. And I can do everything I need to. All I'll need in the future is more plates that sometimes go for 25 bucks on amazon (got 3 at that price and 3 others for 50). And I just have to go in the garage.

For me personally it was a reasonable investment. It's around 3 years or so at the least for a gym and I can go anytime in my boxers and blast my own music. Plus it doesn't matter what I do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.