[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a problem I don't know who else on here has it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: failure.jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
failure.jpg
6 KB, 284x177
So I have a problem I don't know who else on here has it or if it's just me, it's mainly centered around guilt.
Every day I look at myself in the mirror I feel guilty for not having enough muscle, I always look skinny, and I feel guilty for that, for not doing enough. I'm a poorfag so all the workout I do is at home.
Every time I finish a workout I feel extremely guilty that I didn't keep on going, even though I'm exhausted, I feel bad for not giving it my all.
This is turning my life into a mess, I can't stand myself for being so weak and I'm almost always depressed after thinking about my lack of willpower.
What do, /fit/.
>>
I should also mention that my exercise routine consists of doing reps until failure, taking a minute, then going again until failure for any given exercise.
>>
>>37073651
Meditate. Everyday.
>>
I also feel bad for not eating enough food sometimes, and feel disgusting for not being bigger. Every time I have to do something at work with my arms that requires picking something up, I always try to hide my biceps because they look so skinny. I've been working out for the past year so far, as well.
>>
>>37073699
How do you meditate? I feel like it's useless because I've tried sitting down and doing nothing and I feel restless. I don't know if I did it wrong.
>>
>>37073651
>>37073664
Find the middle ground between being understanding and demanding of yourself.

You can judge yourself for being weak but also recognize that you are putting effort to be stronger.

Also don't keep working yourself to failure, you're risking injury or exhaustion which is only going to set you back.

Keep working out and give yourself some time.
>>
File: 1461004557118.jpg (354 KB, 1275x951) Image search: [Google]
1461004557118.jpg
354 KB, 1275x951
>>37073713
Read "Mindfulness in plain english"
It covers everything, meditation is like lifting, it takes time.
You feel bad and guilty because something happened that made you feel like a piece of shit, you can fix that. No matter what you do you'll feel unworthy if you don't fix your problems
>>
>>37073727
I feel like a whole year was enough to notice at least a significant upgrade, but I feel no different. How much time are you talking about here?
>>
>>37073742
Thank you, I'll look it up and download the pdf.
>>
>>37073752
A whole year should be enough to make a noticeable difference, yes.

If you haven't seen progress it means you're doing something wrong.

Are you keeping track of the food you eat?
>>
>>37073786
I don't eat any junk food or fast food, I tend to eat the most amount of meats I can but since It would be too expensive to just buy meat I balance it with some eggs or pasta. I'm 5'4 and weigh from around 135-140 lbs depending on how the week has been going.
>>
>>37073651
OP, I'm in the same boat with lifting using dumbbells at home. Granted my progress has been slow (went from a 10kg squat/bench to a 60/40kg one for each respectively over around 7 months)
Just keep doing what you can. Maybe try 3x8 instead of going to failure?
>>
>>37073826
I'll do that when I get equipment. Thanks though.
>>
>>37073820
From your answer I gather that you are not counting calorie are protein intake.

Seriously, read the sticky and start putting some more effort into your diet.

Exercise is only half of what you need to build muscle.
>>
>>37073855
Thanks, any types of diets that I should follow that you'd recommend personally?
>>
>>37073877
Calculate how much protein/calories you need, spread across 3-4 meals. Make sure you also take macro nutrients into consideration.

Google cronometer, neat tool to see if your diet is missing anything.
>>
>>37073651
I think you need to focus on the bigger picture. The big guys in the gym aren't big because they spend 8 hours in the gym just fucking tearing their muscles to pieces and having them somehow magically repair themselves to be even bigger. There's a balance. You do your lifts, you tear some muscle, and you grow stronger as supplemented by a good diet. If you're managing to tear muscles, then that's what it's about.
>>
>>37073979
>>37074103
Thanks for the advice guys.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.