[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on this board who unironically cant pause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: are you a burger.png (132 KB, 600x514) Image search: [Google]
are you a burger.png
132 KB, 600x514
>there are people on this board who unironically cant pause a 315 highbar squat.
>>
I've never even attempted a 315 deadlift, let alone a squat LOL
>>
>there are people on this board who unironically squat WAY more than me but some how have DYEL legs

I dont get it, are you people all just lanklets making shit up?

I squat like 100kg for reps as a 5'7 manlet and my legs are like fucking tree trunks while I see people on here with skelly legs claiming 200kg+ squats.
>>
>>37072223
>>
File: Fat-lift.jpg (171 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
Fat-lift.jpg
171 KB, 738x415
>>37072213

>there are people on this board who unironically care about numbers
>>
>>37072213
>tfw I've got a connective tissue disorder and it took me 3 years to be able to rep 315 atg
>>
>squatted high Bar yesterday for the first time in months
>lmao2plaet
>t-spine feels like it's going to explode
>posture fucked all day long
>pain when retracting scapulae
>H...high bar mustard race

I atg lowbar. Come at me.
>>
>>37072286
Your shit is acting up because you're too weak, you know that right?
>>
>>37072286
There is no atg lowbar anon. If you're breaking parallel with lowbar, you're leaning too far forward.
Difference between the forms is where the shear forces affect your body. Highbar places more shearing force on your knees, Lowbar on your lower back/pelvic girdle.
There's no good or bad to the styles, because they do different things and have their own version of good form.
If you are trying to hybrid squat though, you need to change your feet positioning and the way you squat. Check out canditos vids on it.
>>
>>37072326
Yeah I guess.
It started when I did some mobility work for the t-spine. I guess I could high bar 2 plates before because I was simply stiff, and now that I'm more mobile I'm lacking strength there.

I also have terrible proportions. My femurs are as long as my torso. To get a decent back angle when doing high bar, I have to put my feet shoulder width and point them out 45° or I'll end up folding over.
>>
>>37072411
There are some really strong highbar squatters with long femurs, vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHV9AiwimKE
>>
>>37072223

I am 6' and have huge legs which are realy defined even tho i just squat 120kg x 8, but im not an idiot and do isolations like leg extensions and high rep (50+) legpress to get those quads juicy.
>>
There are people on this board that claim squats are superior "muh functional strength".

When was the last time you had to bend down, place something heavy behind your neck, and stand up in your day to day life?
>>
>>37072865
lol you fucking idiot, its a fitness board. And squats are arguably the best exercise for lowerbody strength, health and size.

Why you even trying to argur AGAINST squats?
>>
>>37072345

>tfw femurs are so short my lowbar squats look like most people's high bar squats

Come at me.
>>
>>37072223
genetics plays a big part with leg development, i've got pretty big legs although i rarely go over 2pl8 atg (can do 3pl8 though), i hate squats and have never put much effort into doing them. i don't doubt that if it wasn't for my genetics i would have pretty small legs.
>>
>>37072223

I'm 6'2'' and I barely squat over 1pl8 but my legs are thick as fuck.

It's genetic.
>>
>>37072934
>literally every single fucking new lifter

Your legs are shit.
>>
>>37072865
You stupid fuck. Humans were always meant to squat. If anything, sitting on that chair you're sitting on is unnatural for our physiology.
>>
File: me.jpg (25 KB, 389x388) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
25 KB, 389x388
>>37072488
>I am 6' and have huge legs which are realy defined even tho i just squat 120kg x 8, but im not an idiot and do isolations like leg extensions and high rep (50+) legpress to get those quads juicy
> but im not an idiot and do isolations like leg extensions and high rep (50+) legpress to get those quads juicy
>im an idiot and do isolations like leg extensions and high rep (50+) legpress
>>im an idiot
>>
>>37072894
Oh so you don't use chairs since they're "unnatural"?
>>
>>37072990
I never said that, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>37072990
Are you sure you were supposed to reply to me?
>>
>>37072894
For strength and health, absolutely.
For size? I don't know. My legs got way juicier from leg presses then they ever did from squats.
>>
>>37072223
The muscular adaptations that happen determine leg size. Hypertrophy and the protein sythesis of the muscle cells are two different adaptations. They can happen at the same time (and always do to an extent), but the higher reps in the 8-12 range develop hypertrophy because of the increase vascular development, cell size to increase ATP storage, and a few other things I'm sure. Lower reps tend to more adapt protein uptake into the cell, which doesn't increase cell size nearly as much as the other adaptations.
>>
>>37073002
Yea but wouldn't using chairs mess up your natural physiology and possibly affect your squatting?
>>
Squats are one of the worst exercises for your knees and definitely the worst exercise for your spine.
>>
>>37073355
Squats are only bad for your knees if you do high bar atg.
>>
>>37072213
>315 highbar squat
fuck me, i can barely do 230kilos, 315 would be amazing!
>>
>>37072865
Any time you push a car, a large box, a stiff door, etc. you're using the strength in your legs and posterior chain which is developed by squatting.
>>
>unironically lifting for strength
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.