[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
losing muscle and protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nvyzkgjk4v1qcxz61o2_400.jpg (83 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvyzkgjk4v1qcxz61o2_400.jpg
83 KB, 400x600
hi /fit/. i'm a mtf trans and unfortunately i'm still pretty bulky. i'm eating at around 700-800 cal per day in order to lose weight, but a large part of that is protein powder so i don't feel hungry the whole day.

do i need to keep my protein consumption as low as possible to lose muscle? like 20-30g per day? or is dieting and not exercising enough?
>>
>>37071870
With the protein your taking, your slowing your progress of lossing the muscle (everyday movement/things you do like pick up objects is causing hypertrophy). Even though its very light hyperthrophy, you are still preventing maximum loss of muscle, sure you are lossing both due to the low calories, but the most efficient way would be to eat carbs (not fat as it increases test levels) at the 800 cals that you are taking in.
>>
>>37071900

sounds right

so what's the limit on protein then? it's a bad idea to cut it out entirely, right?
>>
>>37071870
You should seek help for your mental illness instead of going with it. You're a man. You're giving in to these urges and ideas instead of realizing that you can actually change. You are a man. Deal with it. Accept it. Strive to change. Stop riding society's victimhood and current le oppressed trend. Be real and be strong. Nobody's born the wrong gender. Unless you have a genetic disease, you are only fooling yourself and living like a fool.
>>
>>37071968

no one is cutting their dick off because it's trendy
>>
>>37071995
Then why don't you stop trying to be something you're not?
>>
>>37071870
Disgusting
>>
>>37071870
http://newobserveronline.com/transgender-is-a-mental-illness-and-should-be-treated-as-such-former-johns-hopkins-chief-psychiatrist/

you're sick and need treatment
>>
File: 1398794773583.jpg (983 KB, 2265x1013) Image search: [Google]
1398794773583.jpg
983 KB, 2265x1013
>>37072029

because it's the most effective treatment for gender dysphoria

i've been dealing with this for years and years. believe me, i went through just about everything else and hormone therapy is the only thing that's worked. it's real easy to say man up when you have no idea what living with this is like
>>
>>37071870

Ez Bait
>>
>>37071953
Eat mostly carbs, protein when you want to eat meat but try to keep it low is what im saying.
>>
>>37072069
I think you're only lying to yourself. Yes, you do have these urges and thoughts. You have let them control your well being to the point you only feel good when you give in to them. The therapies can be effective. The disassociation of your well being to giving in to these urges can be broken. Don't allow your sense of identity be determined by what feels good or by what a bunch of victimhood enthusiasts say. You can control yourself. Work towards breaking that link, know what the right path is and that it will be hard. You may fail and backtrack in your progress but keep the goal in mind. Be who you're meant to be and don't let a bunch of urges control you.
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 640x599
>>37072069
No it isn't.

Suicide rates skyrocket post-op. John's Hopkins stopped doing the procedure because it did more harm than good. Feminists and faggots lie when they say it is best for people suffering from gender dysphoria because they are playing identity politics and couldn't care less about who they hurt in the process.

Don't let cultural Marxism ruin your life anon. Get some real therapy.

I wish you the best!
>>
>>37072579
You see, I'm giving legit advice. >>37072123
But faggots like you always have to take it to that step that people don't want to be associated with. You really think people will be persuaded by "mmh never thought about that, I guess le evil cultural Marxism has brainwashed me. Thank you anon for redpilling me". There's more to the world than /pol/ and saying buzzwords and language that will put people off will simply alienate them more from these ideas. I swear there really is no difference between these right-wing faggots and the left-wing faggots. They all sound the same and are too lazy to form proper persuasive arguments.
>>
>>37072882
I don't get it though.

He's legitimately right that trans****** people have higher rates of suicide post op.

Though the merits to of cultural subversion is debatable at this point.

ya' fukkn cuck
>>
>>37072069

In 10-20 years when you're older and no one wants to even look at you, you will hate yourself, and you will kill yourself. So stop this. Get actual councelling and deal with life instead of trying to avoid it.
>>
>>37072897
It's aimed at the 'cultural Marxism' bit. Everything else in his post is good imo.
>>
>>37072882
You both sound like idiots
>>
>>37072882
>I guess le evil cultural Marxism has brainwashed me
>>37072960

it has obviously. you being too stupid to even know what cultural marxism is doesnt make it not true.

try googling who Herbert Marcuse and Theodor Adorno are. They are essentially the grandfathers of SJW
>>
>>37073017
I know what it is. I'm just saying it is not going to persuade anybody. You've missed my point.
>>
>>37072579

not so much anymore. that study is from the late 70s, where if you failed to pass you basically made yourself unhireable. a study in 2011 found that two years after the procedure 90% MtF patients reported that their dysphoria was gone and they were happy. it was 97% for FtM.

john hopkins stopped doing the procedure because of one guy, john mchugh. the vast majority of the healthcare system in the united states, including the NHS doesn't pay attention to his research because he cherry picks stats. he's a strict roman catholic with a serious agenda and he's defended priests accused of molesting kids in the past by testifying that the kids made up their memories
>>
>>37071870
I heard hanging yourself helps. If you eat a large meal, try hanging yourself. Use a really thick rope so you won't hurt your neck but make sure it's tight enough to restrain your head, but this slows down the process.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>37073124

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth

>The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/trouble-in-transtopia-murmurs-of-sex-change-regret/

>. . . transsexualism was invented by psychiatrists. . . .You fundamentally can’t change sex … the surgery doesn’t alter you genetically. It’s genital mutilation. My ‘vagina’ was just the bag of my scrotum. It’s like a pouch, like a kangaroo. What’s scary is you still feel like you have a penis when you’re sexually aroused. It’s like phantom limb syndrome. It’s all been a terrible misadventure. I’ve never been a woman, just Alan . . . the analogy I use about giving surgery to someone desperate to change sex is it’s a bit like offering liposuction to an anorexic.

>guys regrets the surgery and tries to warn others about it.

>cultural marxist bully him into silence
>>
>>37072069
Have you tried going on anti-psychotics?
They're used to treat schizophrenia and can be used to treat severe body dysmorphia.

I know it might seem like we don't know anything, but we're trying to give you advice that won't cause life-long changes that in 10 years time you might not be happy with. This along with making you happy in your body as it is.
>>
File: 1452643356177.jpg (40 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1452643356177.jpg
40 KB, 427x427
>>37073208
The best treatment for being transgender is to inject the sick fuck with the hormones for the gender they were born with. You go fro sick fuck to sick fuarkin cunt m8
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 405x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 405x363
>>
>>37073208
>Mutilating your dick is "effective"

Right...
>>
>>37073247

i have. they didn't do jack, but there are so many anti-psychotics out there that who knows. scientists still don't understand schizophrenia and dysphoria very well...maybe there's one out there that will cure the body dysmorphia. i would rather just go with the method that's proven to work

>>37073208

one person's testimony about how they regretted it doesn't mean that transgender is something that was invented by psychiatrists (especially when there's evidence of transgender people in society since at least greek/roman times), and there are plenty of people out there who are confused about their gender and identity who do not need to transition. that's why they should talk with more than one therapist before cutting off their dick like an idiot

i hadn't heard of this study before, but that's the guardian's conclusion from the study, not the lead's, who goes on to say that it's effective for some people in the same article

can people just give routine advice? i know some of you are legitimately trying to help but it's not like i made this decision overnight
>>
>>37073347
How do you explain the high rate of suicide in transexuals?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x395
>>37073485

because dysphoria is a shitty thing to live with? because people who can't pass get turned down for jobs and sometimes lose their friends and family? believe me, no one wants to be transgender
>>
>>37071870
>mtf trans

Stopped reading there, degenerate :^)
>>
>>37072069
That's like saying starvation is the most effective treatment for anorexia. Self-image is sometimes at odds with your health. Man up.
>>
>>37071870

show boipucci
>>
>>37072069
>amputation is the most effective treatment for alien limb syndrome
>gasoline and matches are the most effective treatment for pyromania
>being encouraged to fuck kids is the most effective treatment for paedophilia
>>
>>37072882
The anon you're having a hissy fit at was pointing out that trans discussion has ceased to be about facts and is laden down with identity politics and moralistic fallacies because the leftists that shout loudest on this subject are the most emotionally and ideologically invested and simultaneously among the most biased. And that's true. *le leddit~* doesn't enter into it, you strawmanning faggot.
>>
>>37071968
Feminine penis
>>
>>37073485
People like you certainly make it seem like it would be a rewarding world to live in
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.