[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injured shoulder years ago and it's never gotten better...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Injured shoulder years ago and it's never gotten better... made me stop lifting and playing cello life sucks.

How do you guys deal with injury/work around them? I feel like doing the physiotherapy exercises help, but only if I do them every single day and I always end up not doing them -.-
>>
>>37070372
Physio student here.

What happened to your shoulder? Sounds kind of fucked up that it wouldn't have healed at this point.
>>
>>37070372
Killed my AC joint drunig benching 4 months ago now I am benching over 245 again, how? By doing my rehab exercises every fucking day you can not expect getting better if you are not wven capable of doing a simple rehab routine
>>
>>37070448
In general I think I have problems recovering from injury :(

I was doing a pull up with bad form and suddenly mid-rep my shoulder just hurt. This was around 5 years ago. I didn't know how to handle injuries back then so I just kept working out. This worsened things.

The most recent diagnosis is that the problem is with my infraspinatus (on both sides).

If I don't do exercise the pain subsides, but comes back again when I do more strenuous activities.

I also have chronic shin splints on the medial side.
>>
>>37070527
True :/
>>
>>37070530
>The most recent diagnosis is that the problem is with my infraspinatus (on both sides).
This should be fairly simple to rehab if you actually tried. Honestly.
>>
>>37070569
I've tried on and off. When I do them consistently I see improvement but the improvement is agonizingly slow. I also get into a habit of doing them, seeing improvement, but then stopping because I do something to hurt my shoulder again.
>>
>>37070719
Even doing the physio exercises, or switching to new physio exercises can 're-injure' my shoulder.
>>
I have a fucked elbow, everytime I move it grinds, clicks and pops. The MRI came back negative, so I'm out of luck; shitty because it's always fucking sore and I can't lift or do my hobbies. Pretty much sent me into a depression, probably gonna kill myself soon desu.
>>
>>37070741
Oh yeah I had an MRI too! But afterwards I realized that they MRI-ed my shoulder joint, which only looked at a part of the infraspinatus -,-
>>
>>37070777
I miss the days where my body wasn't fucked senpai
>>
>mountain bike recreationally for many years
>start taking it seriously, also start trail running
>get way better at both than I ever thought I could be, love it more than anything ever
>knee suddenly hurts like hell in the middle of a run one day, stupidly finish the run anyway
>never run a mile without pain again after that, despite lots of expensive physical therapy
>at least I can still cycle, buy a really nice bike, ride regularly for a couple of years
>plan to start entering races, buy an expensive touring bike, start planning tours
>injured knee starts to hurt during a ride, pretty soon hurts durring every ride, prevents me from getting faster
>enter physical therapy again
>cut to the first tour, one way ticket to Venice with my touring bike, lots of money, no job, and no plan
>limited to half the daily mileage I wanted to achieve, constant battle with knee pain despite fistful after fistful of assorted NSAIDs
>get home and ride my bike three times in the next six months, completely unable to push myself physically

>How do you guys deal with injury?
Personally I contemplate suicide on a regular basis. It's only a matter of time until I can't do squats anymore.

I've had exactly the same experience with physical therapy. It helps while you're doing it, and only while you're doing it. It'll never get you back to your previous level of performance, and as soon as you stop your progress reverses itself. I haven't yet talked to a doctor about whether or not I'm a good candidate for surgery because I can't afford it right now anyway, but that's my next step.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.