[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egolifters that you know, how do you deal with them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
There is a guy I work with who I'm kinda buddies with since he is the only other guy who lifts in the office, so we are kinda buddies. Whenever someone asks what he can bench he usually replies with 360 or something. Today he posted that he hit 375 on decline bench. There is no way, I'm guessing he unracked 375 did the least rom possible and that was it. I haven't seen him bench before so I can't confirm but I have seen him squat and he half squats because of his knees or something.

last time I did dumbell bench press with him he was doing about the same weight as me and my pause bench is only about 270.

should I call him out on it or just let it be?

also he is a manlet
>>
>>37067438
Why do you care?
>>
>>37067438
>I'm kinda buddies with since he is the only other guy who lifts in the office, so we are kinda buddies

yeah I know I'm stupid, should have read that before posting
>>
>>37067442
it bothers me that he claims things that he can't actually do and that the normal office people think he is the strong guy at work, even though I think I could outlift him if we actually had to complete full rom motions, and that is even with his manlet advantage.
>>
File: image.gif (79 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
79 KB, 150x150
>>37067466
>Manley advantage
>>
>>37067474
My phone is a manlet sympathizer and autocorrected the word to "manley"
>>
>>37067438

Leave him be.

Who gives a shit what a bunch of non-lifters who'll never see either of you lift think? You aren't competing with him in any sense.
>>
>>37067438
I had a friend who would regularly lie about his fitness goals to try and impress me.

It's funny because Jason Genova greatly reminds me of him, just the way he would lie about everything.. he'd tell me how he bench pressed 240lbs when he used to workout lots in grade 9. One time I was with him in the gym and he loaded up 1000lbs on the leg press and did it with like 1/8th range of motion. Then he would always up his numbers on his lifts when we were together outside of the gym "remember that time I benched 250lbs? 265lbs? 275lbs?". It got ridiculous.
>>
>>37067438
here is a question, do you want to fuck up your irl workplace relationships that can directly affect your career for the sake of bullshit in the fucking gym?

because literally who cares?

that you're even asking this question means to need to get a sense of perspective.

fuck, child
>>
Ok anybody remember that thread a few months back of the guy told the story about the fat coworker who said he could bench 225 or something and that later in the week they'd go to the gym together. Anything come of that?
>>
>>37067466
>even though I think I could outlift him
than be content with that knowledge and train so that if you ever do measure and compare your lifts, you will look incredibly strong comparitively.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.