[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating "Clean" vs. Caloric Deficit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_5134.jpg (2 MB, 2238x3158) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5134.jpg
2 MB, 2238x3158
If your goal is to cut weight,

Is it more important to eat "Clean" (ex. no fast food) or to eat in a caloric deficit

My TDEE is around 2800 calories.

I've been eating at no more than 1700 calories per day. A deficit of around 1100 calories. However, the 1700 calories are coming from mainly fast food.

Been eating like this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound of weight.
>>
Forgot to note that i'm 6'4 265lbs and between 30-35% body fat.
>>
File: 1458419653085.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458419653085.gif
2 MB, 360x270
Eaating clean and counting calories is the best way to go. It's your health why fuck around with it like that?
>>
>>37065423
>Been eating like this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound of weight.

you could easily be retaining 7 pounds of water weight that would act as a buffer to your loss
>>
>>37065542
Should I cut carbs for a week and see if that depletes the stored water weight?
>>
>>37065458
I'm also lifting heavy 2-3 times per week.

Plus 1hr walk or 30 min HIT cardio per day + 3 hr hike every weekend.
>>
If your goal is cutting, eating clean has NOTHING to do with it.
>>
>>37065542
i've been eating Pizza, Lasagna & Burgers all the time also only Toast bread
then i went on a diet with corn bread and healthier food and after about 2 weeks i lost 9kg btw my weight/height is 1,68m/61kg
i also started working out and its really paying off
>>
>>37065423
Cut out al fast food and all sodas
>>
>>37065423

You will NOT get the mental clarity and health from eating shitty foods with 1000 calory deficit. It's not only about the looks. It's like lifting off the fog from your brain and thoughts. I suggest cutting sugar-bread-grain and eating veggies-meat-eggs-rice-fruit-coffee etc. Try it for 2-3 days it kicks in really fast. If you dont like how you feel, you can always go back. You got nothing to lose. I think that you are man enough to stop listening to your cravings for only 3 days. TONS and TONNS of succesful-rich people are buying into this shit so there must be something about it huh? Why dont you find out?
>>
>>37065423
Fast food macros aren't very accurate or consistent. They get a huge margin of error. Make your own food and you'll be a hell of a lot more precise and no exactly what your eating.
>>
>>37066221
I think you've got a great point here.

I use the app "Lose it" to track everything but I sometimes really wonder how accurate it is.

I am already not consuming any liquid calories so that helps.
>>
>>37065423
Your underestimating your calories.

I am also 6"4 however I am 285 (down from 345) and my weight fluctuates roughly 10 lbs a day from water and eating. I'm always lightest in the morning.

It doesn't matter if you cut out the fast food to drop the water weight because you'll just put it all back on when you start again. Real fat loss occurs when you eat at a deficit and after 3 weeks, if you were tracking things correctly you would have lost weight. Therefore you're not tracking things correctly
>>
>>37065423
ok, here's what you do:
eat 2000 calories and limit your carb intake to max 100 grams a day. going below 50 on days without physical activity would help.
do this for four weeks and then step on your scale.
>>
>>37065571

or just stop eating shit food altogether
>>
>>37065423
>I've been eating at no more than 1700 calories per day
>A deficit of around 1100 calories
>Been eating like this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound of weight
Why do you people make these threads? Is it a poor attempt at trying to trick yourself into thinking you actually tried? Or is it just to bait fuckers like me into replying?

Either way, you'll be fat forever and you should end yourself as soon as possible.
>>
As long as you're hitting your minimum fat, protein, and dietary fiber macros you'll be fine.

Some of the downsides to not eating clean though are:

-Lower/unstable energy levels
-Less satiety
-Inaccuracies with tracking calories
-Getting enough protein in without going over your calorie limits (this gets hard as you cut lower since fast food is high in fat and carbs)
>>
>>37066878

Yea i think i've got to start cutting carbs to like 50g per day.

I'm already doing intermittent fasting so when I start eating at like 6pm at night I eat a ton. 1700 calories in one sitting. Then don't eat again until 6pm the next day.

Luckily i'm not that hungry until around 2pm the following day so I just chug water.

I'm also taking Clomid as a Test booster.

Prescribed by my doctor because of super low Test. I was around 120 ng when someone my age 28 years old should be 500-999 easily.
>>
File: IMG_5135.jpg (787 KB, 1188x1723) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5135.jpg
787 KB, 1188x1723
>>37067042
>>37067042
>>
>>37067042
What is your routine? And are you doing cardio?
>>
>>37067059
That double chin, man tits and love handle/belly.

I just want to focus on losing those. Gaining muscle is secondary in it's importance to me.
>>
File: lol.jpg (29 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
29 KB, 409x393
>>37065423
Go here:
>http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm

Type in your goal weight, and modify your eating to meet those levels.

Shit foods will do everything >>37066878
has stated.

That being said, I sneak in one of my favourite bad foods into my daily, but spread out so I don't eat anything else 3 hours either side of it.

Makin good gains

> we're all gonna make it
>>
if you're fucking intermittent fasting to reduce satiety, imagine what eating actual food will do

just start like this- one good meal a day. break your fast in the morning with something like 500 grams chicken, a pound of steamed broccoli, and a big baked sweet potato. it will blow your mind
>>
>>37067110
Just did the macronutrient calculator
>>
>>37065423
Blaha?
>>
>>37067145
ha thats my potential body I guess.
>>
>>37065423
>1100 caloric deficit
>not losing weight
Stop lying
>>
How are you not hungry as fuck. All the time
>>
>>37067454
I am. Usually around 2pm it hits. But then I chug water and it takes my mind off of it until around 5 or 6 when I eat.
>>
File: IMG_5189.png (284 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5189.png
284 KB, 1242x2208
>>37067434
Proof.
>>
>>37067493
donate your body to science since it violates hte law of thermodynamics.
>>
>>37067493

hit 2600 cal last Sunday. Was my highest in a month.

Been hitting closer to 2k a day for the past 7 days because I've been lifting extra and doing more cardio each day than usual.
>>
>>37065423
instead of spending money on fast food just buy chicken thighs, eggs, fruit, and green vegetables. Eat 2k cal worth of that shit and you won't have any water weight issues.

go keto brother
>>
>>37065423
>>37065423
In the last two months i have lost one pound per week, All my lifts are still going up. My secret.

no alcohol
no man made sugar
no processed foods
no diary
no wheat

Ive completely stopped eating for pleasure, only to refuel. It was hard the first week but i feel better on the inside for it.

Also i have cut portion size down on carbs, i tend to fill up on green veg which i steam first thing in the morning,

Only consume water, fruit, veg, lean meat and small amounts of potatoes.

This is working really well for me.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.