[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gym has banned the use of chalk. The bars have all lost texture.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 555x555
My gym has banned the use of chalk. The bars have all lost texture. I have resorted to spitting on my hands like an animal to get grip. Why do they do this? Why are they goblining my gains?
>>
File: 1445800816288.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445800816288.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>spitting on my hands
>>
>>37063353
Liquid chalk.
>>
>>37063353
Liquid chalk you tard.
>>
>>37063353
Had an issue at my gym where some dyel fag would literally chalk up to do ANY exercise.

Dumbbell curls? He'd chalk up his hands
OHP? Chalk it up baby
Fucking Cable flies? Chalk errwhere

It was my first experience with chalk because no one at the gym, aside from this really big guy who'd do insane dead lifts, would use the stuff. But fuck, that chalk is disgusting, especially when you use too much. Guys sweating and chalk all over the fucking place cakes up and is nasty.

Didn't take long for the gym to just say fuck it and ban chalk.

Unless you're training to be Mr. Olympia and do break records, why are you even using that stuff? If you're just a pussy and can't grip the bar, get gloves.
>>
>>37063430
You havent lifted until you have used chalk it really helps with grip and is so much Better than Gloves.. And IT can easily be used without messing the place up
>>
>>37063430
Calluses on my hands have rendered them smooth and useless. I don't want gloves 'cause I'm not a bottom bitch. And Manlet problems. My deadlift is currently at 3pl8 and I lose grip cause the bars are all bent out of shape.
>>
>>37063472

you don't need chalk you fucking faggot. you're not an olympic lifter.
>>
Hookgrip.
>>
>the only people complaining about chalk in this thread have sub 4pl8 deadlifts
>>
>>37063475
>Calluses on my hands have rendered them smooth and useless.
Really? I have the opposite problem. When I first started lifting I had baby smooth hands and it would hurt like a bitch to pick any of the bars up without gloves.

After a while, I decided to stop being a bitch and threw the gloves out (they started to reek...which made my hands smell like old balls). Now my hands are full of callouses, and it actually helps me grip the bar better. It also doesn't hurt when I pick up the bars.

Maybe you should try not being a bitch?
>>
>>37063486
You dont need running shoes you are not an Olympic runner
>>
>>37063512

running shoes are the equivalent of lifting shoes, or the equivalent of weights. needing chalk is like saying I need to wear a neon pink headband to go run.
>>
>>37063503
>the only people complaining about chalk in this thread have sub 4pl8 deadlifts
This is true. I only do lmao3pl80s. But why the fuck would I want to lift 4pl8 and try to fuck my back up when I'm not even trying to lift for a competition or anything.

I do 3 plates, and use a hook grip with no problem.
>>
you can usually get away with using chalk even if it's banned as long as you're discrete and make sure you clean up after yourself. I have a feeling a lot of gyms ban chalk because retarded "alphas" throw it all over the place. if you use chalk like a normal person then, in my experience, gym staff won't mind.
>>
Why is it a problem og people use.. Its not like it hurts anyone and there are so much More to be assblasted about than people helping their grip og who try to awoid their sweaty grip
>>
>>37063530
Sure i bet your hands are nice and smooth to jerk your boyfriend off too. Must suck for him to have to fuck from behind when you have a weak back cant even stay in place.
>>
File: 4L_5gxH4dHQ.jpg (101 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
4L_5gxH4dHQ.jpg
101 KB, 1600x1600
>>37063527
Lmao lifting shoes aren't a necessity, but they're practical. If you run like 5k's you'd be fine with regular sneakers but it would be practical to get real running shoes. Same with lifting... if you're below 4 plate deads or below bodyweight snatches you'll be fine without chalk, but it could still help.
>>
File: 9f9dafdsad.jpg (28 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
9f9dafdsad.jpg
28 KB, 613x533
>>37063562
I've read through this post at least 5 times and I feel like I get dumber every time I read it.
>>
My gym told me they banned it too but its a 24 hour gym so if im deadlifting heavy I just go after hours and leave a chalk pile like I just fucked a dozen powdered donuts over the racks.
>>
>>37063562
Are you literally 12?
>>
>>37063493
How do you properly do hook grip? I just started doing both overhand a couple months ago because when I first started, everyone was telling me to mix grip, which made me look like the he-monster of notre dame.
>>
>>37063353
buy liquid chalk or mix your powdered chalk with a small amount of alcohol until it becomes a thin paste.
>>
>>37063623
It's cause assholes like you that chalk ends up getting banned. I only use enough to get rid of the moisture that builds up. Anything more is overkill
>>
>>37063703
Well i was always super careful, used very little, and cleaned up after myself. When tbey banned it i decided fuck it ill just go ham fuck them.
>>
>>37063743
Aren't you worried they're gonna check security footage and catch you sometime and suspend your membership or something?
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDLiTkGiAd7/
>>
>>37063759
The dont record in gym on entrance and certain parts. I just keep in bag whole time and they cant really blame on me its pretty busy at night. Worst case they kick me out and i dont care.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.