[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I start enjoying working out? I've got some friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0091.jpg (2 MB, 2160x2976) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0091.jpg
2 MB, 2160x2976
How do I start enjoying working out?

I've got some friends who do it for fun, I just don't have that drive but I still do it anyhow for work. How can I make it a hobby rather than a chore?
>>
>>37063049
Make some gains. You'll be excited at your progress and want to continue.
>>
>>37063049
I guess you either do or you don't. Personally I've loved every moment since I started
>>
>>37063049
Do it enough and it becomes routine. Once it becomes routine, it'll become an integral part of your day that you'll hate to skip (like, hopefully, brushing your teeth in the morning).

I once got hurt and had to sit out of the gym for 2 months. I literally fell into a depression because I couldn't work out.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 435x518) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 435x518
>>37063049
Is this u bruh ?
>>
>>37063049

Track your gains.

Make a damn poster on your wall and colour in when you hit a new PR.

I feel hella happy when I've smashed a new PR.
>>
>>37063049
KILL IT
>>
>>37063049
Keep going till you do enjoy it. Once you start getting mired or noticing definition you'll want more.
>>
>>37063538
every session is a new PR as a novice

it's clearly not working for him
>>
>>37063049
Make gymbros
>>
>>37064210
Fuck, man. I can't past 2pl8, even, I had to deload 20 lbs each side because I was failing the every set. I'm bulking, I got a gut (IDC) and I cant be stronger. What is happening?
>>
>>37064315
In squat
>>
>>37063538

Noob question but what's PR?
>>
>you either do or you don't
>>
>>37064354
Personal record
>>
>>37063049

You are obviously not meant too.
Why do you feel the need to work out in the first place? Won't help you with anything these days. You would be better off investing your time into developing your career or things that genuinely interest you.
>>
>>37064354
Personal record.
>>
>>37064396
>>37064410

That makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>37063049
Find a way to make lifting fun (either through competition with your friends or yourself or some autistic mind game) or switch to some other form of exercise that you find entertaining.
>>
>>37064354
The stick should have a picture with basic lifting acronyms

PR
DOMS
ROM
SS
SL
DYEL
DB
BB
>>
>>37064400
Do you know where you are
>>
>>37063049
>How do I start enjoying working out?
Find out what you enjoy
Figure out what your goal is (size/strength/endurance/skill)
Find out how what you enjoy can help you achieve your goal

Consider if you don't like something because you are bad at it, practise makes perfect, I hated DB chest press, but realised that it wasn't bad once my arms stopped wobbling.

Once you start seeing results you will enjoy it.
>>
Start lifting for strength.
I hated the gym until i started lifting for strength, you will get mad gains but seeing slight changes over a long time is almost impossible, so it's nice to see progress week by week by adding weight. Gives a face to lifting.
Seeing numbers go up, yearning to back to the gym so you can improve and beat your old record is fun as heck
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.