[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure this is posted all the time, but I'm having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
I'm sure this is posted all the time, but I'm having a real hell of a hard time gaining weight. I've weighed 168lbs for the past 4 years. Worked out for two, off for about a year and a half and now I'm starting up again. My friend who is the same height weighed 215lbs at the beginning of the year, now he weighs 240lbs. He says he just eats 6 meals a day, small ones. For the past 3 weeks I've had a half gallon of chocolate milk a day. Most days I switch it up between oatmeal, 5-6 eggs, and bacon in the morning. I eat a peanut butter sandwich before lunch and then lunch I have today about 4 cups of rice, two chicken breasts, some potatoes and vegetables. I'll eat a protein bar or two which is about 500 calories before dinner. Dinner will probably be a few handfuls of steak, more rice, and a salad. Then I'll have another peanut butter sandwich, milk, and snack on some peanuts as well. Then maybe finish up with two chicken sandwiches.
>>
Tl;Dr - 6'1" 168lbs. Haven't gained weight in years. How do I fix my diet to gain weight?
>>
>>37062956
buy some protein powder and just chug 3-4 cups of that down. Or mass gainer. Either works but mass gainer takes more time to prep.
>>
>>37063023
You fucking eat and count your calories or just buy a weight gainer and throw that into your facehole.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 553x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 553x416
1. Read the sticky
2. You are not eating enough. Eat more.
3. Read the motherfucking sticky.
>>
>>37063098
>>37063102
Alright, what I've counted is about 4500-5000 calories. Are you saying to eat 6000 calories a day? That seems close to impossible. I'm about ready to throw up half the time already. Constantly gagging back puke to finish meals sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 500x387
>>37063129
No you are not eating that many calories.
Your body is not some fucking enigma. Eat more calories than you burn on a day > Gain weight.

You have absolutely no idea of how many people say "oh I eat all the time I eat so much huhuhu".

Eat-fucking-more.
>>
>>37063284
Alright - 20 McDonald's chicken nuggets ~800 calories. Half gallon of chocolate milk ~ 1700 calories. So there's 2300 calories right there. Two protein bars ~ 500 calories. Peanut butter sandwich 350 calories. 3150 calories. 5 eggs, 390 calories. Oatmeal - 2 cups, 300 calories. 3840 calories. Then I ate chicken with rice which I'll say was about 400-500 calories, and had some vegetable soup which might have 300 calories. So about 4500 right there. The variance from day to day is pretty minor. Normally switching eggs out for more oatmeal in the morning, adding bacon, maybe an omelette. Chicken nuggets turn into a huge meal that:s roughly the same amount of calories. But yeah, that's 4500-5000 calories each day roughly unless I count wrong. It's sickening eating this much. I have acne from the milk and nothing to show.
>>
>>37063608
try lifting instead of doing a brosplit
>>
>>37063635
I was rolling with starting strength this time. Though my squats suck still so I've been stuck at 85lbs. Form goes to shit any heavier than that. Don't really feel stronger from workout to workout either like I can add the 10-20lbs I should be. Bench, deadlift, ohp, and rows are all fine and progressing back up again well.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 700x532
>>37063608
Sounds like you have a serious case of tapeworm
>>
>>37063608
How tall are you? What does your body even look like now?
>>
>>37063689
1.) Eat like you say you are
2.)Add five pounds a workout. Not to each side, 2.5 pounds to each side
3.) If you miss a workout then start the program over
4.)??????
5.) Profit
>>
>>37063608
Go visit a doc if you are telling the truth, you should defenitely gain weight
>>
>>37063608
How many protons is that? I dont want to add it all up myself.
>>
>>37063701
I might, I shit irregularly too. Like sometimes 3-4 times a day, and other times I won't shit for 3-4 days. I've had test done and every doctor says my stomach is fine. They tell me it's all my metabolism, but I don't want to believe that, I have to be able to gain weight.

>>37063708
6'2" anddd right now I don't have a pic since I'm at work, but it's basically skinnyfat at the moment and I have a big beer belly if I relax my stomach.

>>37063719
Will do Anon, 5lbs might be better for the squat. I'm gonna go back down to 65lbs and start with perfect form from there.

>>37063753
I'm gonna go see one again next week and tell them there has to be something wrong. I'll log my food for the next week to prove it to them. I just figured I might be doing something wrong or I should eat 6000 calories a day, but I have no clue how to eat that much without being sick
>>
File: thor vs jormungandr.jpg (953 KB, 1592x844) Image search: [Google]
thor vs jormungandr.jpg
953 KB, 1592x844
>>37063608
If you're actually eating this much and you haven't put on weight you should probably beware of Thor, he could come anytime now to visit your tapeworm friend.
>>
>>37063800
>basically skinnyfat at the moment and I have a big beer belly if I relax my stomach.

There's your problem. Cut first. Those calories are maintaining your gut, and St this point any working out you're doing is going to be recomping, which shows results significantly slower than a bulk/cut cycle.

If you weigh anything around 200 that's gonna be it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.