[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/real food/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 40
File: Daen_finishedegg.jpg (83 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Daen_finishedegg.jpg
83 KB, 1500x1125
Refined grains/oils and added sugar is making the world sick and fat. It hurts me to see red meat, dairy and eggs villainized when they're among the healthiest foods in the world.
All you need to be healthy and strong:
>fucktonnes of green vegetables, at the very least 40g fiber a day
>fucktonnes of fatty fish
>plenty of eggs, meat, dairy, avocado, nuts
>small amounts of fruit, legumes, unrefined grains, coconut
>small amounts of dark chocolate (85%+)
>absolutely 0g added sugar (apart from the dark chocolate), refined grains, vegetable oils, or other processed garbage
>>
>>37062608
How does whole milk fit in? I know people use it for GOMAD but I've also heard its full of oestrogen
>>
>>37062608

Fish is not something we should be eating more of, for lots of reasons. Not the way things are now.
>>
>>37062868
Fine if it fits your macros and you can tolerate it. I prefer yogurt as it's filling. Saturated fat is fine if (and only if) your diet is good and you're healthy and active

>>37062965
Can you elaborate? Are you talking about pollutants? I eat 7+ cans of sardines/salmon/mackerel a week
>>
>>37062965
Do you mean from overfishing and sustainability? Certain seafood like sardines and oysters are environmentally okay to fish.
>>
How many eggs is too many eggs (daily)
>>
>>37062997
>>37063032

Both of these issues. And they're only getting worse.
>>
>>37063052
I'd say 5, after that you'd be better off spending those calories oj something else for nutritional variety
>>
>>37062608

> It hurts me to see red meat, dairy and eggs villainized when they're among the healthiest foods in the world.

But they aren't. They're the foods you're supposed to limit or avoid.
>>
>>37063052
on the average 2 whole egg a day is a bit too much cholesterol, did 1 egg a day for 2 months and bloodworks was fine. but it really
changes from person to person, a friend of mine eat on average 4 whole eggs a day and have perfect cholesterol.
>>
What's so healthy about red meat and eggs?
>>
>>37063930

Muh grandpa ate lots of red meat, eggs, and whiskey and he was jacked as fuck and worked on a farm until he was 110, at which point he died of pussy overload from all the 18 year olds he was fucking

>t. OP
>>
Am currently cutting.Which of these food that I usually eat are bad??
whole wheat toast/bread
whole wheat pasta
chicken breast
eggs
low fat greek yogurt
oats
honey
banana
pita bread
potatoes
milk (usually low fat)
What low calories,high protein foods do you recommend??
>>
>>37063965

Add some beans and be careful with the eggs
>>
>>37063965
Those all look breddy gud breh, as far as getting your protein, fish is god tier as well as chicken, nuts and legumes are good and any other meat is fine as long as it's relatively lean.
>>
>>37063965
>1whole wheat toast/bread
>1whole wheat pasta
>chicken breast
>eggs
>low fat greek yogurt
>oats
>1honey
>banana
>1pita bread
>1potatoes
>milk (usually low fat)
>>
>>37063997
Yes,I loves me some green beans with feta cheese.And what's up with eggs?I usually eat 3-4 eggs but not daily.Hard boiled or fried in olive oil.
>>37064009
Thank you,I will add fish too.
>>
>>37064026
>>1whole wheat toast/bread
>>1whole wheat pasta
>chicken breast
>eggs
>low fat greek yogurt
>oats
>>1honey
>banana
>>1pita bread
>>1potatoes
>milk (usually low fat)
was trying to do this

switch all with veggies
>>
>>37064026
Carbs are bad??Are you that guy that thinks we should all be on keto?
>>
>>37063897
>eggs and cholesterol meme
Mom, I thought I told you to get off 4chan.

Please inform yourself at least a tiny bit before spouting bullshit you are absolutely clueless about.
>>
>>37064047
No thats probably me, but he's right. Bread and grains are fucking terrible
>>
>>37064051

Please, educate us all
>>
>>37064047
>what are bananas
>what are oats
Idiot. I cut the processed stuff
>>
>>37063897
If you eat oats then your cholesterol levels shouldn't matter because the cholesterol attaches itself to oats. That way it flushes out of your system when you use the bathroom instead of clogging up your arteries.
>>
File: MichiganBean_Pinto[1].png (218 KB, 480x283) Image search: [Google]
MichiganBean_Pinto[1].png
218 KB, 480x283
>>37064028

>Yes,I loves me some green beans

I mean bean beans. Like beans. And eggs are quite high in cholesterol with some saturated fat as well, so not something to eat a lot of.
>>
>>37064080
You sweet summer child
>>
>>37064051
>>37064071
I literally cannot live without bread.Redpill me on how it affects muscle gain and fat loss
>>
>>37063965
>whole wheat toast/bread
>bread
never
>>
>>37064080

>cholesterol attaches itself to oats. That way it flushes out of your system when you use the bathroom instead of clogging up your arteries.

That's true but that refers more to cholesterol in your blood. Oats help lower cholesterol, but it's not as if all the excess cholesterol is carried away if you have any oats (or other fiberous food) in your diet. You want to flush out the cholesterol while not adding more cholesterol.
>>
>>37064096
If you eat high quality stuff then the only downside is that the fibres are degenerated compared to raw grains. If you eat the highly processed stuff (99% of the market) you're eating beetus junkie junk food. It gives you nothing and fucks with your insulin resistance.
>>
>>37064051
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-brown/cholesterol-dietary-confu_b_7041098.html

>Unfortunately, there was widespread misinterpretation, or maybe wishful thinking, regarding the DGAC’s statement.

>Many consumers and media alike decided this meant that they were free to eat all the high cholesterol-containing foods they wanted and there was no reason to be concerned about eating a diet high in dietary cholesterol. This is not the case.

>Eating a few egg yolks within a diet low in saturated fat may be fine. That’s not true for everyone though, so you should check with your doctor about whether or not it is safe to liberalize your intake of cholesterol-containing foods a bit.

>The take-home is that just because dietary cholesterol is no longer a “nutrient of concern,” it does not mean we should forget about the problems it can cause. An apt analogy is that just because we know dark chocolate has some heart-health benefits, it does not mean people should eat 10 bars a day.
>>
>>37064064
What's so bad about whole grains?
>>
>>37064146

Ignore the paleo idiots.
>>
>>37064096
>>37063930
From the paleo perspective, the ideal diet for the human body is the one that's sustained humans for thousands of years (hunter-gatherer style) and the low fat diet that's high in grains is a relatively recent addition, mostly because of Dr Ancel Keys who convinced the western world that eating dietary cholestoral and fat would cause heart disease. Food companies try to lower the saturated fat in their products, but in order to make their food palatable they needed to add simple carbs instead.
Since the 1950s (when the low-fat guidelines were first being introduced) the obesity rate in America has drastically gone up (although the BMI is hardly a perfect judge of course)
>Since the early 1960s, the prevalence
of obesity among adults more than
doubled, increasing from 13.4 to
35.7 percent in U.S. adults age 20 and
older.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/obesity_adult_07_08/obesity_adult_07_08.pdf
>>
>>37064326
You know what all fad diets have in common??They claim it's what humans were meant to eat.Ketofags and veganfags post the same shit.
Captcha:Select all images with pasta and noodles
>>
Look, I'm not doing the work for you, because I'm on a phone and I'm lazy as fuck.

What I will tell you is this - all of those people in the goal body threads, or fitness models, or physique competitors or anyone that is lean and strong have two things in common:

They eat the fucking yolks and they don't eat bread.

Do your own research. This aint fucking leddit
>>
>>37064326
>From the paleo perspective, the ideal diet for the human body
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

> and the low fat diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435101

>grains is a relatively recent addition
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/44/18815.abstract
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v430/n7000/abs/nature02734.html

>mostly because of Dr Ancel Keys who convinced the western world that eating dietary cholestoral and fat would cause heart disease
https://thescienceofnutrition.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/fat-in-the-diet-and-mortality-from-heart-disease-a-plagiaristic-note/

>Since the 1950s (when the low-fat guidelines were first being introduced) the obesity rate in America has drastically gone up (although the BMI is hardly a perfect judge of course)
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_study#Advantages_and_drawbacks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_fallacy
>>
>>37064326

>From the paleo perspective, the ideal diet for the human body is the one that's sustained humans for thousands of years (hunter-gatherer style)

And that's absolutely retarded and not based on any kind of science. It's a vague hypothesis built around an appeal to nature fallacy.

>and the low fat diet that's high in grains is a relatively recent addition, mostly because of Dr Ancel Keys who convinced the western world that eating dietary cholestoral and fat would cause heart disease

You've read a conspiracy on some crackpot website. A moderate-fat diet built on a foundation of whole grain foods is recommended because that has the most research supporting it, not because one mad scientist managed to fool the whole world somehow. Don't bring that bullshit to /fit/.
>>
>>37064373
I'm not promoting any diets here bud, I don't have enough information for that. I'm just trying to stick to the facts.
>>
File: dietary goals.png (55 KB, 607x729) Image search: [Google]
dietary goals.png
55 KB, 607x729
>>37064326

>Since the 1950s (when the low-fat guidelines were first being introduced) the obesity rate in America has drastically gone up

That was the 70s and they weren't "low-fat guidelines" in the first place, but you know what else the guidelines said? Eat less sugar. Do you believe America is obese because people stopped eating sugar?
>>
>>37064404
>research
Sponsored by the USDA and coca-cola.

Lets see what you look like, faggot
>>
File: tinfoil-hat-guy[1].jpg (120 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil-hat-guy[1].jpg
120 KB, 800x450
>>37064444

Already found a picture of you floating around on google
>>
>>37062608
Can't forget the multivitamines. It's almost impossible to get all your daily requirements from (modern) food unless you eat like a truck.
>>
>>37064484
My quads obviously speak truth. But keep eating that bread, Amerifat.
>>
>>37064435
>Do you believe America is obese because people stopped eating sugar?

But people didn't stop eating sugar. They ate more in fact.
>>
>>37064067
The cholesterol in eggs has almost no effect on our bodies because our liver adapts to the increased cholesterol intake and lowers the natural production of cholesterol accordingly. You can easily eat 3 whole eggs a day with no detrimental effects whatsoever, possibly even more.

Eggs are health bombs. Some of the best calories you can spend.
>>
>>37064100
fuck you bread is awesome.
>>
>>37064527

That's my point. People ate more fat as well. What people are told to do does not reflect what people actually do, especially when it comes to diet. You really think all the fatties walking into McDonalds 3 times a day or heading down the cookie aisle of the grocery store are consulting the food pyramid before they buy their food?
>>
>>37064444
quints speak the truth.
Ever wondered by americans are so godamn fucking fat and full of disease?
>whitebread
>SUGAR
>processed "lowfat" dairy and processed meat.
>no healthy fats

and hes fucking right. the fda and all american studies sponsored by jewca cola are scientific frauds to fool stupid people into eating shit and being sick and full of disease
>>
>>37064612
they might aswell be, coz the american food pyramide is 100% bullcrap niggershaite
>>
>>37064613
Glad at least SOME people have the blinders off. It's so glaringly obvious.

>studies 'proving' milk is bad but diet cola is ok because muh 0 calories

Just eat shit that comes from nature. It's not hard
>>
>>37064573

>The cholesterol in eggs has almost no effect on our bodies because our liver adapts to the increased cholesterol intake and lowers the natural production of cholesterol accordingly. You can easily eat 3 whole eggs a day with no detrimental effects whatsoever, possibly even more.

That sounds nice but it's demonstrably false. Here's a paper the egg industry funded to promote eggs as a source of bioavailable lutein.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/2/247.short

They found that just 1.3 eggs a day increased LDL by 8-11%, and therefore countered the benefit of the lutein.
>>
File: egg research.png (372 KB, 1980x1002) Image search: [Google]
egg research.png
372 KB, 1980x1002
>>37064573

>you can easily eat 3 whole eggs a day with no detrimental effects whatsoever, possibly even more.

Depends on how you design and interpret the study.
>>
organic eggs are k
>>
File: 9.jpg (32 KB, 831x106) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
32 KB, 831x106
>>37064326
You're misrepresenting Keys. He thought saturated fat was problematic and it was prudent to replace it with unsaturated fat. Not dietary cholesterol. Not a high fat or low fat diet.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/59/1/39.full.pdf
http://bobbarnetthealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AncelKeys.TONICS.pdf
>>
>>37064573
In humans liver produces 0.5-1mg/kg of cholesterol per day.

http://www.jlr.org/content/34/10/1637.long

3 large eggs contain ~700mg of cholesterol. How can it ever possibly adapt to that?
>>
>>37064912
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_Cholesterol
>>
>>37062608
>Refined grains/oils and added sugar is making the world sick and fat.

No they're not, over nutrition and being sedentary are the two biggest issue in the west.
>>
>>37065246
ur fucking stupid

u cant outrun a bad diet.
>>
File: 7W7B5IZ.jpg (133 KB, 1110x667) Image search: [Google]
7W7B5IZ.jpg
133 KB, 1110x667
>>37062608

Red meat
Eggs (whites or whole)
Chicken (with/without the skin)
Turkey (with/without the skin)
Fish (with/without the skin)
Butter
Coconut oil
Olive oil

Potatoes (any version in its natural state)
Sweet potatoes (ideal)
Rice (any version)
Oatmeal (any version but steel cut preferred)
Any fruit
Any veggie
Unlimited natural, unprocessed meat (chicken, turkey, red meat, wild game)
Unlimited animal skin
Unlimited natural fat
Fish (not from a can) twice per week minimum
Veggies with every meal, no exceptions
Unlimited fruit
Unlimited potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, and oatmeal
If you follow the above rules, one meal per week eat whatever you want, as much as you want.

Adjust cals as needed

Faggots
>>
>it's an "idiot brainwashed by paleo fad diet salesman thinks he knows better than top nutritionists"
The people who sells these fad diet books are geniuses. Tell people that their favorite foods are actually super healthy and wonderful and you should eat lots of expensive steak like the big manly cavemen you are deep down, make millions. Here's this misinterpreted, already biased Egg Industry-funded study from twenty years ago - go eat your cholesterol!
>>
>>37065281
>sugar isnt bad!!
>everything in "moderation"
>"balanced" diet KEK
this is what normies believe
>>
>>37065258
>u cant outrun a bad diet.
But you can count calories and be significantly better off eating those two foods whilst maintaining a healthy BMI than being a fat cunt eating the healthiest diet in the world.
>>
>>37065267
Hello family, why do you specify some items are unlimited but then say adjust cals? Some of those unlimited items are very cal dense.
>>
>>37065324

Because you are dumb enough that you need to ask.
>>
>>37065330
Well either I am dumb or your command of the English language a shit. I think it's the latter.
>>
File: veijari.jpg (77 KB, 800x685) Image search: [Google]
veijari.jpg
77 KB, 800x685
>>37065356
>your command of the English language a shit.

Please tell me more
>>
>>37065321
Fat people are unhealthy because of the shit diet they eat. Eating "the healthiest diet in the world" is incompatible with being fat.
>>
>>37065365
>he doesn't know the meme

Stick around, bro.
>>
>>37065370
No, Fat people are unhealthy because of the quantity of food they eat, you can still eat refined grains et al and maintain a healthy bodyweight.

Likewise all the foods op listed as "healthy" can easily be overeaten.
>>
>>37065408
(1) It's impossible to eat a unhealthy quantity of healthy foods unless you have brain damage.

(2) The inherent unhealthiness of bodyweight is trivial compared to the unhealthiness of the composition of said bodyweight and the composition of the calories required to maintain it. Both of which are heavily impacted by diet.
>>
>>37064586
#justfatthings
>>
>>37065497
>It's impossible to eat a unhealthy quantity of healthy foods unless you have brain damage.

A burger sans bun with cheese, a side of mashed potatoes and a dark chocolate and walnut desert.

Aren't all the thing OP lists as "healthy"? I'd like to see this study were by people eating the above ad libitum remained in a caloric deficit.

>The inherent unhealthiness of bodyweight is trivial compared to the unhealthiness of the composition of said bodyweight and the composition of the calories required to maintain it. Both of which are heavily impacted by diet.

I'd also like to see a paper where by lean people eating more refined grains than their obese controls had a greater all cause mortality.
>>
>>37065584
>Aren't all the thing OP lists as "healthy"?
No. OP is some dumb low carber. Don't straw man.

>I'd also like to see a paper where by lean people eating more refined grains than their obese controls had a greater all cause mortality.
You won't find such a paper because it's impossible to find obese people eating a healthy diet. It is however easy to look up the mechanisms by which obesity increases mortality and chronic disease risk and see how the majority of them are related to diet quality and composition.
>>
>>37065693
>No. OP is some dumb low carber. Don't straw man.

I'm not, I thought you were in favor of OP's moronic suggestions.

>majority of them are related to diet quality and composition.

Ecotopic fat, insulin resistance, leptin dysfunction, inflammatory cytokines, etc.

I would hasten to bet that a lean control eating refined grains would be better off.
>>
>>37065804
>Ecotopic fat
http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/7/2356.long

>insulin resistance
http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/7/304/304re7
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531714000608

>leptin dysfunction
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617309/

>inflammatory cytokines
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2016/04/14/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.020278.abstract

There are some examples. All related to diet quality and composition.

>I would hasten to bet that a lean control eating refined grains would be better off.
Would (attempting) to get them obese with healthy foods like whole grains produce any adverse health effects?
>>
>>37065893
>http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/7/2356.long
>Both groups gained 1.6 kg in weight

>http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/7/304/304re7
>produced a rapid weight gain of 3.5 kg

>http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531714000608
>A single meal

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617309/
>Mice

>http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2016/04/14/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.020278.abstract
>mice again

>Would (attempting) to get them obese with healthy foods like whole grains produce any adverse health effects?

In humans, yes. Not because wholegrains are bad, but a constant caloric surplus is.

Nor am I saying the above foods in the study are "healthy", but eating them whilst being in a caloric maintenance, and lean, would not be as bad as not eating them whilst being a fat fuck.
>>
File: whateven.jpg (14 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
whateven.jpg
14 KB, 320x272
>>37062868
>>37063864
>>37063930
>>37063965
>>37064064

>mfw there are unironically still people on this bangladeshi knitting forum who fall for le paleo meme
>>
Is there anything to add/remove from my cutting diet /fit/ ?
egg whites
skimmed milk
cottage cheese
salamon fish
salad ( usually cucumber + tomato + lettuce + lemon + salt and oil )
canned tuna
brown rice
beef steak
chicken breasts
oatmeals
bannana
strawberries
10% fat turkish/greek yogurt
potatoes
olive oil
whole grain spaghetti with tomato sauce
random veggies
>>
>>37066055
>>Both groups gained 1.6 kg in weight
But the composition of the weight was different. Now you're just moving goalposts. No surprises here unfortunately.

>>produced a rapid weight gain of 3.5 kg
I linked this to show you the underlying mechanism of insulin resistance, i.e. oxidative stress.

>>A single meal
Why would it be any different for multiple meals?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/med.21349/full
http://www.scopemed.org/?mno=150631

>>Mice
>>mice again
Corroborated with human biomarkers and observational data. That's the best you get in nutrition research. If you find a way to get mechanistic research done on people past an ethical board, though, please let me know.

>In humans, yes. Not because wholegrains are bad, but a constant caloric surplus is.
So show me the data where people achieve a constant caloric surplus on whole grains and show negative health effects. If you can't (which I already know), please propose your testable mechanisms on how it would (1) be neurobiologically possible to overeat them without pre-existing brain damage and (2) how exactly calories from them would be able to promote ill-health
>>
File: 1460305690410.png (10 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1460305690410.png
10 KB, 224x225
>>37065267
>>
>>37064123
>citing the huffy-puffy-post
>>
>>37066284
>Nancy Brown
>CEO, American Heart Association
>>
File: 1462486766033.jpg (3 MB, 2322x3305) Image search: [Google]
1462486766033.jpg
3 MB, 2322x3305
>>37066210
Oh and btw
hummus and pita bread too
here's some katy perry 4u
>>
File: 1456741299286.jpg (41 KB, 450x644) Image search: [Google]
1456741299286.jpg
41 KB, 450x644
>>37066210
>>
>>37066330
What is this supposed to mean ?
>>
File: 1458307248381.jpg (217 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458307248381.jpg
217 KB, 1500x1000
Listen up beta cucks,

>No meat
>No dairy
>No bread/rice/pasta

>Green smoothies
>Water
>Plants
>Apple Cider Vinegar

>tfw when you don't take this advice
>>
>>37066210

>turkish/greek

So just turkish?
>>
>>37066370
Greek has a rancid taste for some reason , I don't know the difference but turkish tastes much better
>>
>>37066245
>So show me the data
You're right, I can't and I skimmed over those papers. I apologize and retract my original statement. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to cry myself to sleep.
>>
>>37066472
>>37066245

Before I go, what foods you would say I can eat ad libitum that will cover my protein goals and micros without the need for calorie counting?

And how would I adjust that for bulking/cutting?
>>
>>37066472
>>37066515
None IMO. Fitness is very different goal. I'd try to eat a lot of minimally processed plant foods though.

good night friend :^)
>>
>>37066604
y-you too
>>
>>37062608
This.

Fucking seriously, I read what some of you guys eat and I shake my fucking head.
>>
>>37063052
depends on who you talk to. the uk nhs said 'as many as you want' a while back and i think the us counterpart says nearly the same thing.

there is no like between dietary and blood serum cholesterol.
>>
>>37063864
>But they aren't. They're the foods you're supposed to limit or avoid.

The 1980s called, they want their nutritional bullshit and lies back.
>>
>>37064047
In those ratios, sure.
>>
>>37064146
What's good about them?
>>
File: 4chan introduction pack.jpg (246 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
4chan introduction pack.jpg
246 KB, 1600x1600
>>37066655
>>37066604

dear oldfags, has 4chan always been this soft?

also
>name some NON-MEAT & NON-DAIRY staple foods for cutting
>>
>>37067658
Hmmm, hard to say. /fit/ started off well (powerlifters, weighlifters, actual bodybuilders) but was completely gay as fuck after 12 months.

So maybe the answer is 'eventually'.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1000x1000
>>37065267
>fish (not from a can)
Why the fuck not?
>>
File: cracked-brown-egg.jpg (94 KB, 1024x750) Image search: [Google]
cracked-brown-egg.jpg
94 KB, 1024x750
Just ate 2 off these bitches, will eat 4 more at lunch. Can already feel the test flowing through me
>that top tier protein quality
>that broad range of micros
>that cheapness and ease of preparation
>those tears of twinks crying about cholesterol
The west is sick because it sits on it's ass all day drinking cola and watching Opera telling them that 3 eggs a week will kill them and that they should stick to low fat diet yogurt
>>
>>37067658

old fag here, I remember when it was all about Squat and Oats and when 4chan was edgy teenagers that would have voted for trump.

Things have changed, in the last 12 years.. funny thing is though I think its no different from when I was a young pup. Honestly I love you younger guys making yourself look stupid. pushing your vegan, homosexual, trans agenda all the time.
Best part is as someone in my mid 30s I'll I have to do is show some money and girls your age, all the ones with all their agendas get thrown out the window.

maybe thats how its always been only just I notice that now. Thanks for being pussies, I finally hit my peak of getting lad.
>>
>>37068504
Autism
>>
>>37064444
>>37064404
So you guys agree with each other?
>>
File: lmao.png (41 KB, 306x213) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
41 KB, 306x213
>>37066284
>trusting this bitch
>>
>>37066284

Here's what the USDA says

http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/chapter-1/a-closer-look-inside-healthy-eating-patterns/

>The Key Recommendation from the 2010 Dietary Guidelines to limit consumption of dietary cholesterol to 300 mg per day is not included in the 2015 edition, but this change does not suggest that dietary cholesterol is no longer important to consider when building healthy eating patterns. As recommended by the IOM,[24] individuals should eat as little dietary cholesterol as possible while consuming a healthy eating pattern.

The DGAC actually got sued by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine because they misrepresented the research and several members had ties to the egg industry

http://www.businessinsider.com/usda-sued-over-new-dietary-guidelines-2016-1

So, rather than removing the limit on dietary cholesterol, the guidelines are even more strict now, recommending you eat "as little as possible" rather than just <300mg
>>
>>37064743
Are you the retard who scrawled all over that picture? If you are you're wrong especially your "objective interpretation" which is just completely wrong.
>>
>>37069972
The same people also recommend this, and not that long ago recommended up to 11 servings of grains a day
>>
>>37069984

How else would you interpret that? Egg substitute, which is to say egg white with the yolk removed, lowered cholesterol and improved endothelial function compared to egg with the yolk. Egg with yolk and a sausage and cheese patty resulted in comparable endothelial dysfunction. Either egg white gets some sort of unexplained healing power when separated from the yolk, or the yolk is the cause of those problems.
>>
>>37070005

And? What's your criticism?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 394x458
Was the low fat meme pushed by der Juden to lower the test of Western men?
>>
>>37070007
Literally quoting the study here
>" Egg consumption had no negative effect on endothelial function as compared to sausage/cheese..."
Then the conclusion:
>"Egg consumption was found to be non-detrimental to endothelial function and serum lipids..."
Whoever drew on that and the poster who then attempted to use it need to learn how to fucking read. In their "objective interpretation" they say the complete opposite of what the study determined. The objective interpretation is "Eggs didn't do shit, replacing eggs was beneficial".
>>
>>37070044

Obviously that's what the text says, but the data belies that interpretation. That's just how the people funded by the egg industry decided to word it.

>Eggs didn't do shit, replacing eggs was beneficial

Now how does that make any sense to you? "It's not that eating eggs is unhealthy, it's just that not eating eggs is healthier!" Use some critical thinking
>>
>>37066722
all the successful (and researched) diets for chronic disease have at their heart increased consumption of whole grains?

http://www.vidoyen.com/questions/are-grains-really-the-enemy-now/answers/david-l-katz-m-d-m-p-h
http://www.nature.com/nrendo/journal/v11/n7/full/nrendo.2015.76.html
http://nutritionreviews.oxfordjournals.org/content/72/12/741
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/141/5/1011S.long
http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/335326
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924224411002718
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=7828563&fileId=S0954422410000041
>>
>>37070012
Do you not see any problem at all with the fact that they're pushing a diet that was unavailable for 99% of human evolutionary history as the pinnacle of healthy eating?
>>
>>37070059
No, they worded it properly and in non-biased way.
>Use some critical thinking
Excuse me, but I think you need to. Read the study title and the objective of the study. Seriously go do it. It isn't what's healthier, it's specifically aimed at determining if eggs had any effect on endothelial function. They compared eggs to a worse food group (cheese and processed meat) and a better one (the replacement). Which brings us again to the conclusion that I quoted before. Smarter people than you or I, reviewed this and then it went out into the scientific community for criticism. If it stood against that, I'd dare say the study is probably sound.
>>
>>37070090

Not at all, because I don't use fallacies to appeal science.
>>
>>37070012
Too much fruit
Fruit juice or dried fruit
Refined grains
Nowhere near enough fat or vegetables

To be fair I understand that this is a recommendation to the average American and fruit juice is better than cola. We aren't average Americans. We are active people who eat lots of fiber and nutrients

Also ignore this retard
>>37070090
>>
>>37070097

>No, they worded it properly and in non-biased way.

I'm too tired for this shit.

> It isn't what's healthier, it's specifically aimed at determining if eggs had any effect on endothelial function. They compared eggs to a worse food group (cheese and processed meat) and a better one (the replacement). Which brings us again to the conclusion that I quoted before.

And at least for endothelial function, the eggs were as bad as the processed meat and cheese. Compared to not eating eggs (or atleast the yolks), eating whole eggs worsened endothelial function. The researchers can say it "wasn't worse than sausage and cheese" but do you really take that to mean there's no harm from it when it's comparable to what's essentially a mcdonalds breakfast sandwich? That it's peer reviewed and published means nothing, they're still allowed to word things however they want. Hence their interpretation as "non-detrimental as compared to sausage and cheese," versus what a rational person would conclude given the data, which is that it is detrimental, like the sausage and cheese was.
>>
File: ruff you up.png (394 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
ruff you up.png
394 KB, 453x604
>>37070110

>too much fruit
>>
>>37070164
>more than 1 piece of fruit a day
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 1536x2048
>>37070084
>Katz
tip top lel
>>
File: DietIHMEimage3[1].png (15 KB, 914x746) Image search: [Google]
DietIHMEimage3[1].png
15 KB, 914x746
>>37070177

>less than 3 servings of fruit a day

Largest study of the contributions of various diet and lifestyle factors to worldwide disease rates ever published found that low fruit diets are responsible for more deaths than any other dietary aspect

http://www.humanosphere.org/global-health/2013/07/the-global-burden-of-a-poor-diet/#prettyPhoto

>When it comes to diet, GBD 2010’s detailed analysis of different aspects of diet revealed that the most important dietary risk worldwide in 2010 was low fruit. Not eating enough fruit contributed to deaths from ischemic heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers (see screen grab below).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/burden-of-disease-study-shows-a-world-living-longer-and-with-more-disability/2012/12/13/9d1e5278-4320-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html

>In charting risk factors, the researchers found that diets low in fruit were responsible for more disease than obesity or physical inactivity.
>“We were very surprised,” Murray said of the fruit finding. “I’m a pretty profound diet skeptic. But the evidence on diet is as convincing as on obesity.”
>>
>>37070155
>I'm too tired for this shit.
Me also.
>and at least for endothelial function, the eggs were as bad as the processed meat and cheese
It say the exact opposite of this in the conclusion! Again:
>Egg consumption had no negative effect on endothelial function as compared to sausage/cheese...
Is it the wording, are you aware that "as compared to" is the same as "compared to"? I'm lost as to how you aren't following this.
>eating whole eggs worsened endothelial function
Again this is the exact opposite of the studies finding. No change =/= worse. What you're trying to do is make relationships where there are none. E.g "eating protein by itself has no effect (or negative effects even) when eaten by itself, adding vegetables make for a better meal and a healthier individual, therefore protein is bad". That is essentially the relationship you're attempting to make. I'm not going to even touch on the peer review process because you just can't explain it to people who haven't experienced it. Anyway let's just agree to disagree it'll probably save everyone else in the thread form getting annoyed at our arguing.
>>
>>37070221
>correlation
Disregarded. Obviously people who eat more fruit have better diets in general. Vegetables >>>> fruit any day
>>
>>37070221
Why no mention of veg? Since they have pretty much better vitamins than fruit.
>>
>>37070110
>Nowhere near enough fat
Why?
>>
>>37070256
What is a vegetable besides leafy greens like lettuce and possible tubers like raddishes and celery? Everything else is a fruit
>>
>>37070238

>It say the exact opposite of this in the conclusion!

I don't know how else to clarify this. That's the wording of the people who did the study. This paper was used for marketing purposes and "egg consumption had no negative effects compared to sausage and cheese" sounds nicer and better for their agenda than "egg consumption is as bad as sausage and cheese." The point of the image is to show that you can look at the data yourself and reword it in a way that isn't so nice.

>Again this is the exact opposite of the studies finding. No change =/= worse. What you're trying to do is make relationships where there are none

In their study, they switched people between whole egg and egg whites (substitute), and when the people ate the whole eggs their cholesterol was higher and endothelial function worse. Egg whites were deemed beneficial, meaning not eating whole eggs was beneficial. Whole eggs were deemed "not detrimental compared to sausage and cheese." How do you not see how their interpretation is misleading?
>>
>>37070274
Vegetable is a culinary term, not botanical.

I think it pretty much means a savoury fruit.
>>
>>37070274
Broccoli, kale, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, cabbage...

>>37070271
Only real fat source there are nuts, which is good but full of PUFAs that people get may too much of already
>>
>>37070266

Low veg consumption is on the chart, it's just not responsible for as much disease as low fruit consumption, probably because people eat more veg than fruit, so you have less people eating low veg diets.

Fruits, especially dark fruits and berries, are great sources of flavanoids and polyphenols
>>
>>37070306
Green beans are a fruit you dipstick.

Anymore to add?
>>
>>37070327
So are nuts and tomatoes you fucking sperg
>>
>>37070391
That depends. Some nuts are eaten as a fruit, others as a seed
>>
>>37062608
Sugar is bretty good for athletes tho
>>
Anyone else make their own green yogurt? Some milk and yogurt was all I needed.
>>
File: image.jpg (1000 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1000 KB, 2592x1936
>>37070645

Whoops I meant Greek yogurt. Here's my latest batch
>>
>>37070645
>>37070661
How much yoghurt do you get from 1 litre of milk?
And how do you make it/how long fermented?
>>
>>37070005
what kind of retarded clusterfuck diet is this?
is this really what people believed back in 2014?
>>
>>37070947

You're looking at about 2 litres there.

You get a fair bit. for two litres. At least a few days worth. Then again I eat shit tonnes of the stuff so mine rarely lasts for that a day or two.

I leave mine fermenting in a jar on top of my PC while I game because the PC's heat makes a really cozy incubator for it. It takes about 8-14 hours for me, but you results will vary.

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend you scald the milk first then let it cool before adding the culture. The denatured proteins are easier for the bacteria to eat. Also low fat milk is runny as fuck so I recommend using 3.6 milk or more or you'll have to use powdered milk to make it thicker.

Straining is a pain in the ass. It takes forever. I recommend an old Tshirt to strain it.
>>
File: 48w9mbw9.jpg (293 KB, 960x373) Image search: [Google]
48w9mbw9.jpg
293 KB, 960x373
>>37062608
Buckwheat flakes are goat tier
Even better macros than rolled oats
No gluten for the celiac fags
Not a grain for the paleo fags
Why is fit not eating this stuff?
>>
>>37063069
You know there's fish beside bluefins, right?
>>
>>37070420
>>37070391
>>37070327
stop confusing culinary and botanical terms please
>>
File: 14626162520862057567238.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
14626162520862057567238.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
How we doin senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (910 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
910 KB, 2592x1936
>>37071170

Still here brewing yogurt with my pc
>>
File: 1459661206206.png (87 KB, 268x325) Image search: [Google]
1459661206206.png
87 KB, 268x325
>>37071170
>>37071183
>>
I'm curious, how do you guys actually meet your daily protein intake requirements? Every calculator says I'm supposed to be taking in about 210g of protein to gain mass and I just don't see how that's possible to eat so much in one day. Protein powders are like 24g a serving and I can't drink like 9 shakes a day
>>
>>37072140
210 is too much if you're not 6'5
150 is plenty and you will gain muscle.

Gaining weight is more about your fat intake since a lean(low fat) bulk takes ages.

Your intake should be 4000-5000 kcal a day so you really see progress.

Peanut butter
Milk
Nuts

Are the best for gaining weight
>>
>>37070005
>recommended up to 11 servings of grains a day

When I was taking health classes in elementary and high school, 6-11 servings of grain a day was the recommendation. We had to learn that and were tested on it.

I followed it because I was a good, health conscious student. I got fat.

I'm still mad about that shit. 2 grains a day max, including potatoes and corn. Corn is not a vegetable! CORN IS NOT A VEGETABLE. It's a grain. GRAIN. Fucking US govt making us all into fat cows just so they can suck the cob of corn farmers for dem subsidies. Feed cow food to people, the people become cows. Corn is GARBAGE. If your food contains corn it should be thrown in the fucking garbage. It's SHIT. It's a pile of sugar with few vitamins to compensate. It's engineered to be as sugary as possible. CORN IS POISON. It is not a goddamned motherfucking vegetable, and telling people it is is akin to saying a twinkie is a wholesome vegetable.

Fuck the US govt. Where are the god damned fucking consequences for lying to the US peoples and massively contributing to the obesity epidemic? Their policies and recommendations are a huge contributing factor to obesity! Not to mention how they killed public transport and walkable cities and pushed cars on us, thus taking away the only exercise 90% of the population would be likely to see.

Anything the US govt tells you is a goddamned fucking lie. ROPE.
>>
>>37072531
Corn is pretty shit but it's no worse than rice really. Corn syrup is different.

>>37072140
Chicken breast at one meal, a couple eggs at another, low fat yogurt at breakfast, beans, spinach, cottage cheese before bed and you're laughing
>>
>>37072140
Put more than 1 scoop in a shake. Eat lean meat, dairy and eggs.
>>
>>37062608
>tfw I know a guy who runs a local farm
>I buy farm fresh eggs on the regular
>his wife makes amazing soaps out of oats and goatmilk, haven't had acne in weeks
>he has an old bull that he's going to send off to slaughter soon, and when he does he's gonna sell me some fresh ground beef

Feels pretty good.
>>
File: WP_20160507_09_51_48_Selfie.jpg (1004 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160507_09_51_48_Selfie.jpg
1004 KB, 1456x2592
Ask a 5'6" 155 dude who just killed a half gallon of whole milk anything. Low dairy low fat is low intelligence meme.
>>
>>37064047
Aryans need almost no carbs at all, meds and niggers evolved to eat it, not us.
>>
>>37064613
>Ever wondered by americans are so godamn fucking fat and full of disease?
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2076906-surge-in-obesity-and-diabetes-could-be-linked-to-food-additives/
>>
>>37072531
>>37070005

1 serving of grains is defined as 1/2 a cup of cooked whole grains, 1 slice of whole grain bread, or 1 ounce of dry whole wheat pasta. A serving is about 100 calories. Put into practice, 6 servings of grain would be equivalent to 1 cup of dry brown rice, 11 servings would be just under 2 cups of brown rice. That's about 600-1100 calories. That's for the entire day. That's not unreasonable at all, that's half the servings any developing nation without an obesity problem eats.

You people act like grains were invented in the United States in 1977 by an evil scientist plotting to make everyone fat. Grains have been the major diet staple of nearly every civilization since civilization began. That includes corn, which was people food long before it was cow food.
>>
>>37070274
>>37070298
I think some of them are fruits, like cucumbers, tomatoes, courgette - assuming a fruit is seed surrounded by fleshy mass with a skin. Others are roots - like carrots and parsnips; I think potatoes are tubers; mushrooms are fungi; onions and garlic are bulbs.
>>
>>37070315
fruit is also eaten raw almost always - unlike vegetables which are the opposite.
>>
>>37063965
honey.
>>
>>37065302
shouldn't add sugar to anything. Its ok in fruit
>>
Jesus Christ, paleo fags are as bad as vegans with their selective science, pseudo science, and straight up inventions.

>>37070005
>that protein section
>all those carbs
>American "cheese" in the dairy section
>>
>>37074020
Cows milk is baby calf growth food
Cows milk is the lactatious secretions of a large bovine mammal that just had a baby. Have fun with your man-boobs
>>
File: 1438138665049.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1438138665049.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>37074669
>The American government guidelines allow 11 slices of bread
>>
File: img_5278[1].jpg (1 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
img_5278[1].jpg
1 MB, 3888x2592
>>37074820

Yes, the evil bread. So evil that you'll become obese eating 1,100 calories a day.
>>
What should I cut from my diet?

oats
whole grain bread and pasta
rice
quinoa
lentals
potatoes(sweet and regular)
squash
cheese
greek yogurt
milk(low fat)
eggs
tofu
tempeh
seitan
black beans
pinto beans
chickpeas
penut butter
almonds
sunflower seeds
walnuts
cashews
banana
apple
berries
papaya
mango
pomegranate
romaine
tomato
corn
spinach
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
onions
garlic
red lettuce
olives
olive oil
avocados
vinegar
Indian spices
pepper
>>
File: confused-man.png (116 KB, 627x272) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.png
116 KB, 627x272
>>37074874
>11 slices of dyed refined grains with added sugar, soy and vegetable oils
Calories and obesity don't come into this. Food and health is more than calories and bodyweight
>>
>>37074816
Read the label bitch from cows not treated with hormones. There's less naturally occurring estrogen in milk than in soy.
>>
>>37074902
Take out 'whole grain' bread, tofu, tempeh, seitan, corn
>>
>>37074912
How are those man-tits coming along, anon?
>>
File: 1443912048028.png (1 MB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
1443912048028.png
1 MB, 650x975
I eat a mainly traditional Norwegian diet. If it was good enough for my viking ancestors it's good enough for me.

>breakfast: Huge bowl of oatmeal with fruits
>Lunch: Bread with different kinds of toppings / cold cuts (typically cheese and ham) with vegetables/fruits/berries. Tall glass of milk on the side.
>Dinner: Huge portion of fish or meat (alternate each day), potatoes and a fuckton of vegetables (spinach, peas, broccoli, carrots etc. etc.). Tall glass of mead on the side of course. A nice shot of aquavit occasionally.

Other regularly consumed foods: Sausages. Potato dumplings. More milk. None of that bitch ass rice or pasta shit, I mean just look at what it did to the asians and mediterraneans they're all soft as fuck and like half my height. Rapeseed oil, not olive oil. If you even mention beans, quinoa, tofu or soy I will shit myself laughing.

Results? 6'2, wide as a door, huge thick neck, thick beard and male pattern baldness since the day I was fucking born.
>>
>>37074908

>11 slices of strawman

Okay, so obesity isn't your concern. What problem do you think will arise from people eating whole grain foods, besides less incidence of coronary heart disease, less colorectal cancer, and less diabetes?
>>
>>37074902
Add in meat.
>>
>>37074937
Wonderful. Turn em to gainz three times a week on chest day. Went from pushin 60 lb dumb bells to 80 lb in two weeks. Do you know how it feels to add mass like a calf in the midst of a growth spurt?
>>
>>37074948
>Results? 6'2, wide as a door, huge thick neck, thick beard and male pattern baldness since the day I was fucking born.

Really? In your pic you look like a girl...
>>
File: 2012-02-27-Saltmountain2.jpg (73 KB, 389x375) Image search: [Google]
2012-02-27-Saltmountain2.jpg
73 KB, 389x375
>11 slices of bread
>>
>>37074937
Plus it helps I started to offset by guzzling your gay grandfathers semen.
>>
File: 1462096550821.png (533 KB, 1189x896) Image search: [Google]
1462096550821.png
533 KB, 1189x896
>>37075034
>he thinks someone that pretty would be on fucking 4chan
mate
>>
>>37075294
You have a point.
>>
>>37063965
>whole wheat toast/bread
>whole wheat pasta
>potatoes
>milk (usually low fat)

Remove these items. I know it seems like a bitch but you can eat carbs when cutting, just make it rice, oats and bananas in moderation.

Also, drink whole milk. In moderation
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (3 MB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
3 MB, 500x237
>>37072531

>Corn is not a vegetable! CORN IS NOT A VEGETABLE. It's a grain. GRAIN. Fucking US govt making us all into fat cows just so they can suck the cob of corn farmers for dem subsidies. Feed cow food to people, the people become cows. Corn is GARBAGE. If your food contains corn it should be thrown in the fucking garbage. It's SHIT. It's a pile of sugar with few vitamins to compensate. It's engineered to be as sugary as possible. CORN IS POISON.
>>
>>37062608

Stop getting dietary advice from food blogs. Saturated fats are not suitable for overconsumption. I fell for the dirty bulk meme and developed minimal liver at 20.

Grains are fine. Glycemic index doesn't matter unless you have diabetes.
>>
Why are black beans so underappreciated here?
>>
>>37076590

>minimal liver

minimally fatty liver*
>>
I´m retarded.

What are unrefined grains ? Like pure grains that have not been turned into pasta/bread ? what the hell ?
>>
File: whole wheat phytotomy.png (226 KB, 834x610) Image search: [Google]
whole wheat phytotomy.png
226 KB, 834x610
>>37076746

Grains with the germ and bran still intact are whole/unrefined grains, grains that have been polished so only the starch remains (endosperm) are refined grains. Grains that are ground into flour for pasta/bread but keep their bran and germ are still considered whole grain.

Whole grains are your oats, brown rice, (most) corn, whole wheat, whole rye, buckwheat, quinoa, whole barley, etc

Refined grains are your white rice and white bread (and the enriched wheat flour you find in most processed foods, including many things labeled as "whole wheat")
>>
>>37076834
what kind of fiber doesn't contribute towards typical carbohydrates?

for instance this double fiber bread has 11grams of 'carbs'

however it has:
4g dietary fiber
1g soluble fiber
3g insoluble fiber

does this mean it has 2 grams of carbs? to be counted towards macros
>>
>>37076854
It means it has 7 net carbs
4g dietary= 1g soluble + 3g soluble
>>
>>37076873
t-thank you..
>>
>>37076854

No fiber contributes towards usuable carbohydrate, but

>4g fiber
>1g soluble
>3g insoluble

This means it has 4 grams of fiber, of which 1g is soluble and 3g is insoluble. It's not 4g + 1 + 3. So it'd have 7g net carbs
>>
Only carbs that I eat is fruit after training.

when I eat "normal" carbs like bread,pasta,rice (does not matter if its whole grain or not) etc I feel 3 things :

a) after eating it I feel like falling asleep
b) I get hungry again real fast
c) tfw no gf

fatty foods are much more filling which makes you eat less of them. Eggs are great
>>
>>37077016

A side of barley or a bowl of beans fills me up like no other. Pasta is the least filling thing to me, which is good when I need more calories.
>>
>>37077040

pasta is worse.

>eat half of package (250grams)
>check package
>serving size : 85g

really niggers ?
>>
>>37077016
That's interesting because I'm the complete opposite. Whenever I eat red meat, butters, peanut butter, chocolate etc. I just feel incredibly sluggish and low energy, almost sick sometimes, but with high-carb foods I feel awesome. My diet is like 90% vegan, not because I give a shit about some faggot cows or whatever, but because the foods that make me feel great also happen to be vegan foods. Honestly the only vegan exceptions in my diet are fish, lean meat (chicken/turkey) and some greek yoghurt and cheese occasionally.

If I had to go high-fat low carb I'd probably kill myself
>>
>>37077063

*worst dammit
>>
I only eat beef, eggs and quality butter. Four days in a row. And I drink the grease and butter. Fifth day I eat cottage cheese.

My diet is essentially carnivorous and I am dropping fat and gaining muscle at rates that would seem shocking to most people. It's true that processed food is making us all sick. Remove it completely. I know that cottage cheese has artificial ingredients and there are pesticides in eggs and to some extent meat, but this is unavoidable unless you're willing to throw down 10k+ a year in food.

I can guarantee you that if I went into a doctor's office and got a physical right now I'd be in perfect shape. The FDA needs to set a daily limit on sugar on labels. It does this with salt. Salt is negligible. You could eat six tablespoons of salt a day. Your body just needs more water to expel it.
>>
File: anon kun bait.jpg (37 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
anon kun bait.jpg
37 KB, 720x540
>>37077180

>on diet for 5 days
>claims to be dropping fat and gaining musle at shocking rates
>>
>>37077180

Yes, everyone should eat nothing but red meat and butter and six tablespoons of salt
>>
>>37077234

I haven't been doing it for five days I've been doing it for months. My weight remained the same but I was visibly losing remaining body fat until I started dropping down to 154. Started lifting and I wouldn't be surprised if I was putting on 2-3 pounds of muscle a week. No joke. My t-shirts barely fit at the moment.
>>
File: okay.gif (916 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
916 KB, 245x285
>>37077268

>Started lifting and I wouldn't be surprised if I was putting on 2-3 pounds of muscle a week. No joke.
>>
>>37077244

If you drink a gallon of water a day, you can eat six tablespoons of salt. It's all about balance in your body. Your body loves pushing water out of it because it loves pushing waste out also. If anything salt is good for that because it dehydrates you.

If you think red meat or butter are bad in and of themselves you're just patently wrong. All the truth about saturated fat, cholestorol and everything else is bullshit. That stuff only damages you if you're also eating tons of processed crap and sugar that's inflaming your insides because your body is rejecting it left and right because it has little to no value other than fat storage.

But I used to be 240 pounds and dropped down to 140 with my own research so CLEARLY I am full of shit, right?
>>
>>37077295

>All the truth about saturated fat, cholestorol and everything else is bullshit.

Okay, random crazy guy on the internet
>>
>>37077295

>I lost weight so now I'm an expert nutritionist
>>
>>37077299

The fuck do I care if you believe me.

The info is out there if you know how to do something called Google.
>>
>>37077313

Yeah dude, human bodies are SO physiologically different from one another.
>>
>>37077333

>missing the point

you can lose weight eating anything. you're acting like you have special knowledge because you happened to lose weight on a diet that most people would agree is unhealthy.
>>
>>37077320
>>37077295

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSdnQ1MKGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGt97ojn5zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD48EGuP0QY
>>
>>37077349

Not without losing muscle mass. I actually, honestly don't care if you believe me. Most people have ugly bodies because they're weak, stupid and full of shit.
>>
>>37063052
I have 7 minimum daily.
>>
>>37077369

Ok listening.

>Begins with an appeal to authority.

Not sure about this.
>>
>>37077268

sounds good. so you got 2 days when you eat whatever ?
>>
>>37077295
>But I used to be 240 pounds and dropped down to 140 with my own research so CLEARLY I am full of shit, right?

how bad is your loose skin?
>>
>>37077418

Not too bad it's the stretch marks that never go away.
>>
>>37077401

No you can't "eat whatever." You have to eat unprocessed foods with protein and carbohydrates. I eat 1.5-3 pounds of cottage cheese. You can use yogurt, but it has additives. Cheese is acceptable, but not at the start.

The way I do it is not the most fun way but most diets that work in the way people want is not very fun.
>>
File: undue skepticism.png (910 KB, 1015x698) Image search: [Google]
undue skepticism.png
910 KB, 1015x698
>>37077390

Not exactly an appeal to authority

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

>It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence.

It's a fair point that you should at least be more inclined to agree with something that virtually every qualified expert who studies this stuff professionally agrees with, even if you want to be skeptical about it. You need a very good reason to disagree if you don't want to sound crazy.
>>
>>37063965
cut some of the whole wheat stuff and the potatoes and eat regular greek yogurt instead of the low fat meme.
>>
>>37077450

you said you are eating eggs/beef 4 days a week and cottage on 5. day. What do you eat rest of the week ?
>>
>>37077460

Do you actually know how much the scientific and nutrition community has been wrong in the past? Are you aware that many "experts" are paid lobbyists that form bullshit commitees to promote foods they want to sell?

Are you this fucking stupid? It is an appeal to authority because scientific authority is only empirical authority when the facts are 100% conclusive, which they aren't.
>>
>>37077460
>with something that virtually every qualified expert who studies this stuff professionally agrees with

nice no true Scotsman fallacy.
>>
>>37077476

It's not split into five days. It's four days, then a fifth day, then four more days, then the fifth day.

Use quality beef and season it with "0" calorie seasonings or you're going to hate this. I make it taste like taco meat so it's easy.
>>
>>37077500

give recipe please
>>
>>37077487

When it comes to blood cholesterol and the foods that influence it, the time to be a skeptic ended decades ago. The evidence today is so comprehensive that it's not something that can plausibly be shown to be incorrect. If you don't accept that, you don't know what you're talking about. How you're arguing, you might as well say anything scientists of any field believe can reasonably be called wrong off the bat because scientists have been wrong about things in the past. If the vast majority of experts have reviewed the evidence and came to the same conclusion, unless you have a very good reason to disagree with them, you should by default accept that what the most qualified people agree on is probably true whether you're entirely convinced or not.
>>
>>37077500

Alright. I use ground beef because it's easier to eat and digest, but it's the same as steak which you can also use. Cook it on a low heat, don't drain the juices. I break it up into crumbles usually, but you can make burger patties. Add in a tiny amount of salt, pepper, large quantities of chili powder (Make sure it's 0 calorie chili powder and contains all the other seasonings as well). Once it has browned 90%, I throw in one tablespoon of butter. Again, make sure it's real butter. I use Kerrygold butter because it tastes the best. Mix it together until it's fully cooked and eat it. It's not a "meal" in the colloquial sense, but if you eat it you will probably enjoy it and be full. It definitely tastes good and fulfills your stomach's intense desire for grease and oil that you're probably used to if you eat normal processed food.

You can also use ground pork but it's kind of expensive. Turkey meat is OK, I say stick with red meats because they aid in testosterone production and promote muscle growth and weight loss.

As for the eggs, I usually hard boil them because it's faster. I hate eating eggs though. If I hard boil them and cook the meat on a low heat the cleanup takes only five minutes because you can simply rinse the pan.
>>
>>37077583

And by a very good reason, I mean a reason that isn't "the government is bad, REEEEEE" or some conspiracy theory
>>
>>37077606

well desu I´m diasppointed senpai I was expecting more than meat + spices. I dont see how it can taste as taco
>>
>>37077583

Correlation =/= causation. People who eat high amounts of cholestorol and fat get heart attacks more often, but it's because their arteries are already damaged from poor eating habits.

Four big macs a day for twenty years will give you a heart attack.

2 pounds of unprocessed beef cooked in natural butter and oils will not.
>>
>>37077646

I forgot that I use a lot of hot sauce as well, but that's it. I guarantee you it's more seasoned than the beef you'd get at taco bell or any other mainstream chain.
>>
>>37077655

>Correlation =/= causation

The laziest way to dismiss findings you don't like. When correlations are found, you investigate possible causation. The causal role has been found for cholesterol, hence modern cardiology.

If you're interested, here's a 5-part series explaining the discovery of cholesterol and its role in heart disease, including how the scientific consensus developed and why it's not in debate anymore. At one time cholesterol wasn't accepted as a causal agent in heart disease, but as the evidence kept coming in, cholesterol skeptics eventually agreed that there's no doubt that high blood cholesterol, specifically LDL, plays a causal role in heart disease.

https://www.jlr.org/content/45/9/1583.full
http://www.jlr.org/content/46/2/179.full
http://www.jlr.org/content/46/10/2037.long
http://www.jlr.org/content/47/1/1.full
http://www.jlr.org/content/47/7/1339.full
>>
>>37077743

Maybe you should read a book like Grain Brain. Plenty of charts and correlations showing that gluten is related to death, disease and schizophrenia. Is it bullshit? Of course it is.

A causal role is not THE role. Yes it's a factor, it is not the specific cause. Show me a study that shows fit people in their 30s eating high cholestorol diets are having heart attacks and dropping like flies, and maybe then I'll give some credence to your stupidity and lack of understanding on how these studies work. Better yet, general reading comprehension.
>>
>>37062608
40 grams of fiber minimum is crazy- make that 20, unless you're eating like 4K calories

Also you basically have to eat a pile of grains or legumes to get that much fiber, or else you have to supplement with those fiber seed thingies

Eggs and dairy aren't insanely good for you and aren't usually tolerated well enough by the gut to consume in large amounts, plus milk has the additional problem of hormones and lactose.

Meat I agree with you on.

Refined grains are bad, but I don't see why eating a few hundred or more calories from whole wheat would be detrimental

Where the fuck are tubers on your list?
>>
>>37077866

>Maybe you should read a book like Grain Brain. Plenty of charts and correlations showing that gluten is related to death, disease and schizophrenia.

It's another run-of-the-mill fad diet book capitalizing on the current anti-grain trend. I'd be amazed if it even had correlational data to back up its claims. As far as I know the guy just makes up hypothesis and expects the reader to think they sound scary enough to be true without supporting evidence.

>Show me a study that shows fit people in their 30s eating high cholestorol diets are having heart attacks and dropping like flies

Outside of genetic defects or drug overdoses, 30 year olds typically don't have heart attacks no matter what their diet is like. It's a disease that takes decades to develop. Eating a shitty diet, like one that includes 2 pounds of beef a day fried in butter predisposes you to developing atherosclerosis when you're older, and much of that has to do with their effects on cholesterol and arterial health.
>>
>>37077963

>40 grams of fiber minimum is crazy- make that 20, unless you're eating like 4K calories
>Also you basically have to eat a pile of grains or legumes to get that much fiber

It doesn't take much really, especially if you include legumes. A cup of cooked black beans is 15 grams of fiber, with 15g protein and 221 calories. 40 should be very easy to get if you have a decent diet.
>>
>>37072140
One can of salmon/tuna/sardines is around 45-50g protein, easy to down 2 cans in a sitting

Make a shake with 3 scoops/servings, voila 70g protein
>>
>>37078025
Well maybe you're right, I eat burrito bowls with black beans pretty often but i assumed they only contained about half a cup. Maybe they're 1+ cup of black beans.

So 40 isn't too crazy if you're eating 2700+ calories
>>
>>37076612
Because white beans taste better
>>
>>37064403
Rekt
>>
>>37077655
>natural butter and oils
where are butter and oils found in nature?
>>
>>37078877

Butter trees and oil ponds
>>
>>37078877
>butter
Your moms face
>oils
Crude Oil
>>
>>37064119
How?
>>
>>37077963
You should eat more vegetables than anything else. They should feature in large amounts at every meal except maybe breakfast (which will probably have oats or beans anyway). I've had days when I've eaten 100g+ without trying

A can of chickpeas has 19g fiber.
>>
>>37077386
7 eggs has almost 300% of your DRI of cholesterol, have fun with you heart attack/stroke goals of 2016
>>
>>37063032
Aside from all the over fishing there is the fact that all sea creatures,both fish, shellfish and mammal, from the ocean have high accumulations of heavy metals, industrial toxins, and ever since the tsunami, radioactive pollution.

Unless the fish is farmed in pristine environments, not asia, they will suffer the aforementioned issues and may have high amounts of antibiotics and other medicines in the flesh. There is also an increases in synthetic plastic toxins as well.

The question of fish is answered in that only the most verifiable source is safest, and the most expensive. A fish grown in the first world in an enclosed environment or a pristine one, no toxins or antibiotics used in the growth cycle like factory farms, and no sources of pollution nearby.
>>
>>37062608
totally agree but I love grains and it's hard to not have them in your diet nowadays
>>
Corn is not that bad for you. Stop being retarded.
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.