[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Everytime i do 21's my uoper forearms hurt no matter where i put them they will always hurt. Any tips on how to makw them not hurt?
>>
When you curl the bar upwards are you bending your hand at the wrist?
>>
>>37061940

Make sure you keep your muscles flexed even at the bottom of the movement. Otherwise you might injure your tendons which could cause the pain.
>>
>>37061940
Stop using barbell.
I had this pain for fucking 6 months until i switched to DB.

The reason it hurts, is because when you grab the barbell and lift it, there is force applied to your wrists/forearms (because of the weight obviously).

The thing is, your wrists cant "escape" this force because they are "tied" to your barbell.

With dumbells, you can move your wrists and forearms as much as you want.

Stop barbell curling, do DB, which is superior anyways.
>>
>>37061965
No i keep them pretty straight
>>
>>37062096
Stop doing them and do an exercise that doesn't hurt?
>>
Probably tendonitis because your bis are stronger than the connective tissue in your forearms.

Stop with the curls and give your forearms a chance to heal. If you insist on bicep isolation, do hammer curls, and with less weight.
>>
>>37061940
Common problem OP, solution is to let go of the bar very slowly over the course of several seconds. Resolves the pain for the majority of people.
>>
>>37061940

Try an EZ bar maybe?
>>
Maybe just do a regular barbell curl and not some retarded meme instagram exercise.
>>
>>37061940
you could do overhand grip on the bar
it would relieve stress related to the torque on your wrists and you get a free grip strength/forearm workout
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.