[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else on here work at a gym? Why is everyone that comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 0606.radio_.jpg (27 KB, 619x326) Image search: [Google]
0606.radio_.jpg
27 KB, 619x326
Anyone else on here work at a gym?
Why is everyone that comes to the gym I work at retarded?
>>
I think a better question is why do some gym employees look like they've never worked out?
>>
>>37061580
I didn't want to be reminded of that movie ;_;
>>
>>37061622
Some of the employees at my gym are like that. You can be fat or skeltal, doesn't matter as long as you can talk your ass off and sell memberships. I do absolutely nothing at work. It's great. Been here since November and I've only sold like 5 memberships.
>>
I do

My boss has never used a gym in her life and has zero idea what she's doing. I have no idea why she's got the job.

>She comes in and I'm eating a pie while on shift
>REEEEE anon this is a health centre your should be eating healthy as a staff member
>I'm 160lbs at 5'10 and like 15%BF compared to her 350lb mass at like 5'6

>Oh boss the Lat pulldown machine is broken, a bolt has sheared. Just needs replacing
>The what?
>Have to literally show her because she has no fucking clue what is
>There is no pay per month system, you have to pay $3 per gym session meaning anyone who comes 5 days a week is spending like $60 a month
>Wonders why we get less business than other gyms in the area

Goddamn
>>
>>37061865
>pay per session

What the hell is that kind of fuckery?
>>
>>37061865
lol who the fuck pays per session?
>>
>>37061919
>>37061946
A few gyms in the area use the same system to be fair - You can pay to use it for a day, week or month.

Only difference is that in ours if you pay to use it for the day, you can only use it once. If you come in later my boss will expect you to pay again. Everywhere else they are perfectly fine with me paying and using it once in the morning, then again in the evening on the odd occasion when I've paid for a day session.

Also there's a fucking time limit in our gym that the boss kicks off if you stay over it, even if you're the only one in the gym she times you and if you're in over an hour she goes and says times up.
I have literally never enforced any of those rules and regularly let people in for free if I trust them to not rat me in because I know how shit this place is

How the fuck this business turns a profit is beyond me, I get to use the facilities for free and even I go elsewhere
>>
>>37061580

I think anybody who works in any job that deals with the general public has similar feelings. The reality is, you deal with whatever it is your company sells all day every day, whereas your customer does not. Yes, of course you should know more about it than they do. Something would be wrong if you didn't.
>>
Op here
Today at work someone wanted to cancel their membership.
>25$ a month
>6months left on contract

He paid the 250$ cancellation fee.
It's like he didn't even care?
>>
>>37062219
What the fuck?

Why not just continue paying for it and not go and save yourself $100?
>>
>>37062273
Haha good question. So not only did he pay 250, but now he can't use the gym.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.