[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got an advice question for you guys. Im an Uber driver but on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1374314148472.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1374314148472.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
Got an advice question for you guys. Im an Uber driver but on a cut and try to eat every 3-5 hours. Since i cant microwave or keep pre cooked chicken and broccoli in my car i was thinking i could sub a meal with a protein bar so i can just keep driving. Is this a good idea in a pinch? If so what are some good protein bars with little or no carbs?

Thanks fellahs
>>
>>37061264
Any reason you absolutely HAVE to microwave the food? Why not just heat it up at your house, then stick it in an insulated lunch bag?
>>
>>37061273
Well since im constantly driving and im never sure where im gonna be sometimes im as far as an hour and a half from my house, so it just makes it much more difficult
>>
File: 1369796004953.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1369796004953.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>37061289
You're missing my point.

Here's what you do:
Warm up your food before you leave your house. Stick it in an insulated lunch bag. The food should stay warm to semi-warm for at least 6 hours. Even after 6 hours, the food won't be COLD.

That being said, stop being a pussy and just eat the damn food. Who gives a shit if it's not your optimal level of warmth. I've had to go on trips for work that required me to sit in a van for 8 hour drives. While my coworkers pigged out of McDonald's, I'd be eating a warm fucking salad. It's not going to kill you if your food isn't piping hot dude.
>>
>>37061318
This, cold grilled chicken breast isn't even that bad.
>>
>>37061318
Yeah but im pretty sure that shit will go bad faster than that/stink up my car something fierce.
>>
>>37061342
You put the food inside tuppawear, heat it up, then put a heating element inside the insulated lunch box.
It's nice to see that uber hires complete retards, at least they get to work now.
>>
Thanks for the helps buddies
>>
>>37061444
What external issues in your life are provoking you to tear your anal glands from a neutral response from an anonymous individual? We're here for you you roiding nig
>>
>>37061264
How much do you make per hour? Other stuff for protein could be nuts, beef jerky, get a tuna sub, or bring whey powder. I just buy the cheapest protein bars desu.
>>
You should try intermittent fasting Pajeet
>>
>>37061520
First helpful thing here, thanks bro
>>
>>37061264
Quest bars have very few carbs and are pretty good.

Please tell me you're not trying to make Uber your full time job. The hidden expenses rack up quick. Set aside 30% of every check for taxes alone. Gas, tires, ride share insurance, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, any handouts are another good bit. Unless you're in a large city where you're constantly going it's tough to make it a living. Not bad for beer money if you're a college student, but I'd hate to have to rely solely on it.
t. Uber driver myself.
>>
>>37061676
I have a pretty low cost of living so it doesnt require alot, and i live near philly so its pretty much as soon as i turn on the app i have customers
>>
>>37061491
Not even that guy, I'm >>37061318,>>37061273. But I'm pretty sure he's getting annoyed because we keep telling him the exact same thing and he's looking for excuses to bring a damn protein bar to work when he could easily just eat his regular food out a tupperware container. It's not rocket science, and OP is acting like we're telling him to split atoms.

>>37061342
This is what I'm talking about. What kind of food are you making where that shit will start molding over in just a few hours? Unless it's fish or shrimp or something, I'm sure the chicken/veggies will be perfectly find in a lunch container for a few hours.
>>
Youre literally the tier BELOW wage cuck? Guys in prison for manslaughter get better jobs than that when they leave. what the fuck are you doing with your life that you're wasting away years of your life in a job that barely gets you by and gets you no reliable reference for the future?
>>
>>37061762
I left my 6 figure sales job for something with more freedom, I dont need to work immediately so im doing this in the interim. Just looking for some sage advice from actual peeps, no need to get butthurt breh
>>
>>37061762
Also i still make about 1300 a week doing uber, and I get hilarious customers
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.