[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planet /fit/ness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: planetfitness.jpg (75 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
planetfitness.jpg
75 KB, 992x558
>tfw Judgment Free Zone
>tfw No Gymtimidation
>tfw Oh, but if you grunt, we'll use our patented Lunk Alarm(TM) to shame you in front of everyone.

What the fucking fuck? They start off sounding like if Average Joe's was a major chain. But it turns out they're just good old-fashioned hypocrites.
>>
>>37060092
I love how they capitalize on the insecurity that keeps people out of the gym.

Protip: Gymtimidation is mostly a myth. We're all happy to see anyone in the gym working to improve themselves. It's a holy place, and we always want more worshipers at the church of gains.
>>
I've always hated their ideaology. They ban people who look intimidating, have policies against certain exercises, have that stupid alarm, and then they leave a bowl of Tootsie Rolls at the front counter and serve pizza.

For a business model I could see exactly why it works to keep people fat and still have them pay you to work out. But people who are serious about their goals shouldn't bother.
>>
File: 2H5vrcE.jpg (90 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
2H5vrcE.jpg
90 KB, 605x605
>>37060225
Can confirm that, just started going to gym
I thought everyone would laugh at my skelingktons but it turns out nobody gives a fuck about my rattle
>>
>>37060284
The nice thing, is that if you become a regular sight in the gym, and you aren't fucking around, most of us will offer you advice. We won't approach every mother fucker that walks in. You have to show us that you aren't another 2 weeks and gone gym donor.
>>
File: 1414701074866.jpg (118 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414701074866.jpg
118 KB, 500x500
>>37060306
Yeah advice thing happened to me too, i got already approached few times by greek gods sharing their wisdom
>>
>>37060340
Sounds like you're on the right path. Keep on it bro. We all start somewhere. Half of us were where you are. The other half were tubby. We call it training because if you were born perfect, you wouldn't need to train.
>>
>>37060340
Grow big, skeltal
>>
>>37060340

Yeah just don't be a guy doing insanely retarded exercises. Then you get filmed and put into gym fail videos.
>>
>>37060284
Thanks based skellington
>>
>>37060398
If you're taking it seriously, you should be doing research outside of the gym on proven routines and diet. Serious people don't end up in fail vids.
>>
>>37060306
>we'll only help you if you prove that you're as big as a loser as us

no thanks
>>
>>37060439
It's more a time constraint issue. If we help everyone that walks through the door, we don't have time to lift. You don't waste time on lost causes.

We aren't some elite club. We're there to get a workout in, but we remember what it was like when we started. We'll help out people that will put the effort in.
>>
https://youtu.be/T8tn0S7QVKM
>>
>>37060497
Amused. But it seems very basic. I'm more into when guys go into a location determined to get the alarm pulled.
>>
Honestly I started going to planet fitness because brokefag and all the other gyms in my town are extremely crowded (40,000 people in a small town) and it's not quite as bad as people say it is. Yeah there's no barbells for benching, deadlifting, or squatting which is obviously shit but you can still put in a good workout if you know what you're doing. Most of the soccer moms and dad bod retards who don't know anything barely take any time on the machines or just stick to the elipticals or treadmills.
>>
>>37060497
brad was pretty cool
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.