[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw old frieds laugh at me because I like going to gym >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1461615188581.jpg (78 KB, 600x810) Image search: [Google]
1461615188581.jpg
78 KB, 600x810
>tfw old frieds laugh at me because I like going to gym
>tfw they make fun of me for drinking protein powder and knowing exercising stuff
>tfw their only expectation to life is smoking pot and not working at all because their studies programme were useless and they want to live from their parents (the dad of one of them died last year and has been drinking and taking drugs ever since)
Feels pretty nice, I've always thought that if they laugh I'm doing it good
Do your friends/old friends make fun of you because of lifting /fit/?
>>
my friends are fucking annoying and make fun of me for doing this shit

i fucking hate them, the guys i know at the gym never do any of that shit and are only supportive. i've been lifting a year and they've been there forever, but they never say anything but positive stuff ever, and even though i don't know them that well, they'd have my back if shit happened, my friends are a bunch of immature fucks that would never have my back and i hate them.
>>
My friends roast me all the time, but they were pretty proud until I started roiding
>>
I know they do it because they're insecure as fuck and they feel bad because of only drinking and doing drugs wasting their life
Their critics are like angel's chants
>>
>>37058059
>>37057998
i know the jealousy thing etc but when you're insecure yourself and they compare you to other people and say you're not as big your arms are 12 inches "I thought you were bigger lmao hahaha" it fucks with you dude, i gets me really depressed
>>
>>37058078
Probably it's true, but at least you did more than those faggots who didn't even thought about standing up from the couch
There will always be bigger people than us, but you are way more respectful than those lazy faggots
>>
>>37058108
it's not true dickhead i'm bigger than most people

my arms aren't 12 inches lmao they're almost 15, my friends are faggots, i hate them
>>
>>37058078
You need a thicker skin, my friend. If they really cared about you they'd show it. My friends are wonderful to me but I've had to learn how to handle the banter and you need to as well if you want to form lifelong relationships. Friends aren't just there to prop you up, they're there to keep you in line and on the path to being your best self.

If they're malicious, confront them, but if they're just jibing, it's because they want you to improve. Hell, my best friend is a real cunt but he cooks great food for me whenever I see him and he's the first to cheer me up when I feel down, and my other best friend has literally put me up in his home for months now that I'm in a new job.
>>
>>37058128
it's not even jibbing at this point, they're just being dickheads. one of them took a fucking picture of me today and said "i guess they're not 15 haha more like 12" and showed it to my friend next to him, like what the fuck is that for

i never talk about the gym, i even wear a jacket all the time, but they won't fucking leave me alone about it
>>
>>37058142
Sounds like a roast to me. I have a friend who loves to photoshop pictures of all us into weird caricatures and he always makes me into a gorilla-looking lunk, and he loves to constantly poke fun at my lifestyle. It doesn't mean he isn't supportive as a friend.

They've noticed you have a passion and they're using it to make jokes and bond with you. Why not joke back and embrace it instead of being sensitive?
>>
>>37058171
idk dude, we have fun with the manlet meme cause i'm the shortest of them all and that's funny to me because i'm not insecure about it, but it gets on my nerves

i guess ill try not being a bitch and see what happens, i wish i weren't such an insecure fucker
>>
>>37058116
>being secure in a northkorean woodworking online magazine and not in real life
kek
>>
>>37058182
I know where you are because I was the same way once, but when you learn how to handle it and dish it back out even when you're hurt you'll be much stronger in the way that matters.

Your friends say it jokingly, but people outside of your friends will say it for real. Use the time you have with people you're comfortable with to teach yourself to deal with the ones you're not.
>>
>>37057945
Why you all have shit tier friends?
I have close to no male friends that do not lift and the ones that don't are my old gamer squad
>still play vidya from time to time
>laugh and say we should go out sometime
>they never leave their house anyway
>still good friends
All of my female friends do at least some kind of cardio and my gf actually lifts
>>
>>37058257
It's only a couple close to neet friends, we're not that friends anymore actually
The others are cool guys who likes sports and music and even ask me sometimes about exercises to do
I don't really care, the only thing wrong here is them and their edgy teenager attitude
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.