[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel very sleepy after drinking protein shakes or weight gainers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1462494645899.jpg (98 KB, 430x350) Image search: [Google]
1462494645899.jpg
98 KB, 430x350
I feel very sleepy after drinking protein shakes or weight gainers, is this normal? Happened with every brand. I just get super tired, so I usually take it after training and I take a small nap.

But even during my rest days I take that nap.

Uh, why is this?
>>
>>37056802
It's the itis, anon. Or you got heart disease
>>
Happens to me too. Do you have trouble digesting it as well? Rancid gas and stomach discomfort? Some people don't digest whey well at all. It can cause breathing issues, which leads to sleepiness
>>
>>37056802

insulin spike from all that sugar try a low sugar protein powder

and this shake
2 scoops of protein
1 banana
1 cup of oats
6 raw eggs
1 cup of water
>>
>>37056802
i asked my gym buddy the same thing. he says he doesn't know. when we workout he brings me a shake and i just get super tired. usually pass out before i even finish the last set. asshole usually really sore for some reason too.
>>
>>37056870
Digestion Troubles could easily be my second name.

>>37056889
>adding raw eggs to your shakes
Isn't that disgusting? I feel like it would taste horrible. Also what about muh salmonella?
>>
>>37056897
That's a super special friendship shake. You should always accept it and be happy whenever your buddy gives you one
>>
>>37056905

adds protein and gives a better consistency without the milk
>>
>>37056930
But what about the taste? THE TASTE MAN
>>
>>37056942

you just taste the protein powder
>>
>>37056942
man there are some cocktails that add egg whites to whiskey and you only notice the texture
go for it
salmonella and shit is real tho
>>
>>37056802
I've heard your body gets tired because it's growing, respond to the will of your body and take naps as soon as you get really tired, you will get big
>>
>>37056889

>insulin spike from your high gi shake, here try this shake with a fruit that has a gi of 100 !
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.