[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I increase my pullup reps? I can very quickly increase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1425506981937.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1425506981937.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
How do I increase my pullup reps?

I can very quickly increase reps of situps, pushups, chinups, with no difficulty at all.

But I'm trying to get to comfortably doing 12-15 STRICT FORM pullups, and I'm having trouble increasing my numbers.

After 3 weeks, starting with maybe 2 STRICT pullups, I'm now at 5. but I can't get past there. my form falls apart and i end up using momentum and not fully locking out my arms at the bottom. Meanwhile, in the same time I've more than doubled my max reps in situps and pushups and chinups.

What gives /fit/? what are some techniques I can use to advance in pullups?
>>
So thats where little rasins come from
>>
>>37052192
no idea what yr talking about friendo
>>
god damn it bump
>>
21. Do 21 pullups every workout. Whether that takes you 1 set, or 21 sets. Once you can get up to 10 or so, increase that number.
>>
>>37052167
I slowly added weight to my pull-ups, still did 10 but increased weight. Now without weight can do 20 easy
>>
Do the thing where you do 1 pull up on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3 etc for a month. All have to be in one set. If you fail a day you start again
>>
>>37054110
>>37054149
>>37054151

all sound like good options.

How much weight were you adding? like 1kg increase each few days?
>>
Do 1-2 reps about 20-25 times per day. Never even get close to failure. When you walk past a door frame, do a pull up. Past a scaffold, do a pull up.

Increase to 2-3 when you feel as though you are ready (you'll know because the speed at which you can do one will have skyrocketed). Before you know it you'll be as 12-15 easy dead hang pull ups. Continue this way and add another rep to the day's total every day and you'll be up at 20 in half a year, tops.
>>
>>37054274

How autistic do you have to be to add weight in 1kg steps?

Its either 5kg or 10kg steps.

Jesus....
>>
>>37054274
Days?
Try to pull up your own bodyweight before you even think about adding weights.
>>
>>37054428
Well if I had known I wouldn't have asked.

Jesus...

>>37054439
I can already do 5-6 solid dead hang pullups, so i figured the next step you meant would be to add weight and bring myself back to that level. I can do pullups, I just want to do more.
>>
>>37054483
You learn to do more pull ups, by doing more pull ups.

Im also not any of the guys that have replied to you earlier, im joined in randomly.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.