[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /fit/ I need some help with my deadlift. Currently at 335
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: I4y9LDv.jpg (132 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
I4y9LDv.jpg
132 KB, 640x1136
Okay /fit/ I need some help with my deadlift. Currently at 335 max and I'm looking for 405 by september. I think that's achievable. Anyway, I'm worried that I'm not programming correctly for proper progression. Currently I'm deadlifting 2-3x a week, never working above 80% of my 1rm. I usually do singles, but I try to do maybe 5-10 over the course of a couple hours (home gym). I feel like my training has little direction. What programs/routines helped you with your diddy the most? Is a 70lb increase possible in ~4months? I'm not scared of hard work, and I really want to hit this goal. Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.
>>
File: wrumEUj.jpg (92 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
wrumEUj.jpg
92 KB, 640x1136
Bump with our heros
>>
File: cXU9WhU.jpg (24 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
cXU9WhU.jpg
24 KB, 640x1136
:D
>>
531 by wendler, bigger increases, no rest week
>>
Dragon Ball was great till they started with these energy blowns bullshit. Toryama should have stoped at the last tenkaichi with picollo junior.
>>
>>37048369
Ty for suggestion senpai, ill read up. Is a 70lb increase in 4 months realistic?
>>
I usually start with working up to 1 set of triples
today I did
>60 kg x10
>80 kg x6
>100 kg x4
>120 kg x3
>130 kg x1
and then my working weight 142.5 x3
after that I did some 120kg holds
100kg pause rep deads

I also have 1 light deadlift day where I just mess around with higher sets

I haven't stalled yet, I think you can get to 405 pretty easily if you DL more then once a week and eat enough
>>
2-3 times a week is not really needed

What is your routine?

I did 5/3/1 and my diddy is at 235kg now.

If you want to lift 2 times a week, then do one day where you work up to like a 3rm and then a day with a 8rm.

Do a minimum of 5 sets to build up, and aim for more weight each workout, more volume is good.
>>
>>37048390
yes, specially on the deadlift and even more when you're sub 4pl8
>>
>>37048063
>335lbs

First of all, this is your expected max for sure. These calculators are bullshit, your 1RM is what you actually lifted for real. Second, you are a dyel newbie, stop trying to make your own routines.

You don't need so much volume with deads to improve and if you have bad recovery it may even retard your progression.

>>37048369
Do not fuck up with 5/3/1. If it's not enough, add assistance exercises.
>>
>>37048436
335 is what I have lifted, for real. Its my 1rm.

> DYEL noobie
Got it, kind of why I started this thread.

> Dont fuck up 5/3/1
How will I know if I've fucked it up?
>>
>>37048408
Encouraging.

>>37048399
So one session where I give it my all would be better than 2 sessions where I go hard the first workout and light the second? Also my routine atm is basically warm up and then a progression of 1x3 from 185lbs up to 275lbs with weight increases of ~20lbs each set. When I reach 275 I do singles (with rest) until my forms breaks.
>>
>>37048525
Try a session where you workout your 1rm

Then instead of increasing by a set weight, increase it by a percentage of your 1rm. This is because to many sets with small increments may actually be hurting your 1rm and fatiguing you to quick.

So for a heavy day do something like this

1x5 50%
1x5 60%
1x5 70%
1x5 85%
1x3+ 90%

So on your last set just go to town, bust your ass and lift till you cant hit any more reps. That is where you will make most your gains.

On the lighter day try 70% for 6x8 or 60% 5x10
>>
>>37048574
Damn okay, judging by your post I need way more volume. Thanks for taking the time. Ill use your post as a template and look into the 5/3/1 program in-depth.
>>
>>37048574
Like eight 6 rep sets at 70% would fucking kill me. But if that's the volume I'm going to need to improve then ill do it.
>>
>>37049190
>>37049264

6x8 is six sets of 8 reps btw.

Work around with what you feel comfortable with and works for you. The volume day is more for focusing on form and building some muscle as well as giving you an extra day to lift.

If you do 5/3/1 make sure you do accessory work, and when you do your 5/3/1 go as hard as you can.

Good luck, if you eat right and train hard there is no reason you wont hit them numbers you might even exceed them.

By the end of the year you could pull 200kg+
>>
Hepburn worked really great for my deadlift when I pulled around 155kg for a 1RM. Went from a kind of hard 155 to 175 for an easy single in 3 months.
>>
>>37049502

Okay so I have another question. I only have a bar and plates, but this 5/3/1 is for bench ohp and squats as well, all of which I can't do atm, Im working on power cleans so I can start to push myself with presses and front squats. Am I boning myself by just applying his programming to deadlifts? I figure ill just have one deadlift workout a week where I follow his program and then the other 3 days ill do the Olympic style stuff I've been doing.

Also, I reaaaaally appreciate your help.
>>
>>37049608
You can just use the 5/3/1 format for the deadlift, just avoid the other stuff. So basically just do the 5/3/1 sets on one day if you want to do 5/3/1 or work it out percentage based to your needs.

For example you could DL 5/3/1 on monday and then do DL volume Thursday if you want more frequency.

Maybe use OHP as it will help with your clean and jerk.
>>
>>37049989
Okay great. This is exactly what ill do.

About the OHP, Ill definitely start as soon as I have the clean technique to lift the weight I can OHP. Same with front squats. I plan on working both into my routine when I'm fully comfortable with the clean movement.

You're the man.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.