[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would Aragorn train? He's always said to be strong,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: aragorn-on-horseback.jpg (136 KB, 655x808) Image search: [Google]
aragorn-on-horseback.jpg
136 KB, 655x808
How would Aragorn train? He's always said to be strong, athletic, and an exceptional warrior.

This question led me onto the broader one of how people in medieval times, knights and warrior kings such as Richard the Lionheart, would have trained. Their diets would presumably have been much poorer, and they didn't have the luxury of weight training as we know it today; so if someone wanted to become stronger on the battlefield, or become more athletic, what would they have done?
>>
why would their diets be poor? they'd just eat veggies, cheese, meat, bread etc.
>>
>>37047091
Aragon was a superior man becuase he had elven blood.

Knigts and lords in medieval times were literally raised from birth to fight
>>
>>37047091
>Their diets would presumably have been much poorer
Lolno

And it would be a mix of calisthenics, probably wrestling, fencing, some cultures did strongman-esque training with stones and logs etc.
>>
>>37047091
they were all cardio bunnys back then
>>
>>37047091
You are right; they didn't get bodybuilder-huge, but they were certainly ripped and muscular as fuck.

Try horseriding, sword fighting (sometimes in full armor) and calisthenics every day and see how you wind up.

Also, their food was great; specially for knights. Plenty of meat, cheese, milk, veggies etc. And their rest of their food was handmade, and not the processed shit we eat nowadays.
>>
>>37047091
Hmm, well I don't have the European fencing manuals with me. But from what I remember, they ran, they swam in lakes, they performed an early version of what we now call Calisthenics, they lifted stones and logs overhead.

Couple that with weapons training and sparring. And you have a training regime.
>>
>>37047091
sparring for hours every day most likely

aragorn was also basically a demigod in the lore as he was descended from numenoreans, you're better off asking how someone like boromir would train
>>
>>37047197
Also. They trained in armor. Maybe not for everything, but they most definitely did weapons training in armor.
>>
Why is everyone obsessed with cheese all it does is get you fat

the bread and veggies and shit I'm with you
>>
>>37047184
this, the average noble probably ate as much protein and carbs as any /fit/izen does
>>
>>37047184
This guy gets it

>tfw you will never be a medieval farmer working the fields day and night
>>
>>37047091
>fictional character with fictional faggot (elven) blood
>fictional character grounded on a fictional world with magic and shit
>how does this fictional character train you guise
Stupid thread
>>
>>37047217
It was also a vital source if many nutrients and an excellent way to store and process excess milk way back then.

Might not be as good now, but hey. It was the best they had.
>>
How is the mountain from asoiaf 400lbs of muscle without protein powder and steroids??
>>
>>37047245
Fantasy Genetics. Aka it's magic.
>>
>>37047140
Nah it was just because he was numenorean
If your half elf half man you basically pick one and lose traits of the other
>>
>>37047245
Same way that the guy who plays him is, genetics
The man was born to lift
>>
>>37047217

american cheese maybe, you fucken idiot.

European cheese has excellent macros outside of the really creamy ones.
>>
>>37047217
yeah sure maybe processed shit, decent cheese is easily 20g protons/ 100g
>>
>>37047217
american detected, how is that spray-on cheese Lamar?
>>
>>37047358
>20g protons/ 100g
>decent

How's the taste of freedom?
>>
>>37047447
What are you talking about, that is pretty high.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.