[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Learning to cut and become non-fatass >Discover spices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: spice-rack.jpg (32 KB, 288x276) Image search: [Google]
spice-rack.jpg
32 KB, 288x276
>Learning to cut and become non-fatass
>Discover spices and fresh herbs at supermarket
>Makes anything taste godlike
>Zero calories
>Sometimes even has vitamins/minerals with it
What the fuck? I feel like I'm fucking cheating. Why is stuff this good even allowed?
>>
>>37046164
>What the fuck? I feel like I'm fucking cheating. Why is stuff this good even allowed?
Ain't that great? As if it were made for /fit/izens to enjoy their healthy lifestyle. Just ate 100 g cottage cheese with chives, pepper and oregano and one scrambled egg with pepper and a little bit of salt. Feels fucking fantastic.
>>
>>37046164
i feel you anon.

i feel sorry for the people who eat boiled chicken and broccoli with no seasoning.

herbs/spices can turn your boiled chicken/broccoli into delicious cajun/asian/jamaican flavored chicken and broccoli.
>>
>>37046164
Spices and herbs are everything to me, some lemon juice, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and thyme makes chiken breast taste amazing. I don't know why fitizens still keep eating plain grilled or even boiled chiken and plain rice.
>>
>>37046164
Asian here.
Spices were literally farmed from ancient times to make shit food taste good and last longer. How have you prior not used these all your life?

Are you retards all American or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 384x384
Bros what are some essential spices everyone should have?

>Garlic, curry, onion powder and paprika on chicken breast
>>
>>37046164
Sometimes I wonder why fat people are fat
And then I read shit like this
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 315x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 315x332
>use Msg on all my food and it tastes godly

Give me one reason not to do this
>>
>>37046278
GO HOME WITEU PIGGU!
>>
New to cooking here, what are the best herbs/spices to buy? Something I'll use often and has great taste?
>>
>>37046365
Wrong sort of Asian u fgt
>>
>>37046236
>I don't know why fitizens still keep eating plain grilled or even boiled chiken and plain rice.
It's the psychological effect. Fitizens make their meals feel like a chore because deep down it makes them feel like they're trying harder than other people and if every meal tastes like shit they'll get results faster. They learned to associate hardship with hard work which in this case is completely stupid.
>>
>>37046368
Oregano makes everything taste like pizza it's pretty nice.
>>
File: 1457689163006.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457689163006.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>37046278
You're literally a literal faggot. I'm going to literally submit this literal text to you literally so literally I'm literally going to literally liberate your literal Mother's literal kimchee with my literal spiced dick.

Literally.
>>
File: gook chink nips.jpg (2 MB, 3612x2709) Image search: [Google]
gook chink nips.jpg
2 MB, 3612x2709
>>37046372
ARR

ROOK

SAME
>>
>>37046368
Spicy taste :cumin, cayenne, red chili powder, anything Cajun, curry powders

Savory: any variation of salt, MSG, onion powder, garlic powder
>>
>>37046317
Basil, oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayene pepper.
>>
>>37046352
You can get used to it and other food that does not contain it would taste bland to you.
>>
>>37046278
From my trip to the states and talking to some "mates" I made they buy all their food and don't cook for themselves that often.

Cooking doesn't seem to be an essential life skill everyone learns over that way
>>
>>37046416
He used "literally" in the correct way, you literal autist.
>>
>>37046317
Not spices, but just ingredients in general

>Salt
>Garlic
>Onion
>Black pepper
>Hot pepper (flakes/powder/oil/whatever)
>Oregano

Salt, pepper, and Oregano are all things most people have at home already, and I'd argue it's the same for garlic and onions. Get something like habanero powder or habanero pepper flakes to add some spice to your foods, though I tend to use habanero extract and habanero powder in conjunction with my foods in order to give my food both coloring AND extra zest, because I really really like spicy stuff :^)

Other good peppers to consider are chilis, jalapenos, serranos, and cayenne.

I find that when I'm too lazy too cook, I'll just dump a whole scoop of pepper powder into a pot of boiling water, along with some black powder and quite a few sprinkles of salt, and I'll just use that potent concoction to boil my chicken thighs in.

It boils all the fat right off, and it tastes hot and salty; especially if you deliberately undercook the chicken just a slight bit.

>inb4 undercooked chicken gives you AIDS

Undercooked chicken is fine. I eat it at least a couple times a month and nothing bad has ever happened to me. Same goes for pork and obviously of course for beef.
>>
>>37046368
salt
pepper
paprika powder

then either add curry powder or oregano.

tastes great and any retard can do it.
>>
>>37046199
>cottage cheese with salt/pepper
Can't tell if trolling or just non-slav, as a russian i can't imagine cottage cheese with anything but sweet stuff
>>
>>37047202
Cottage cheese with pepper is GOAT. I've had it with pineapples, oranges, and applesauce, just pepper is the best.

I might be a faggot though, because my favorite chicken breast 'seasoning' is just salt and pepper.
>>
>>37046368
Oregano, salt, pepper, as mentioned.

I cook a lot of meat, both red and poultry, and I like garlic and thyme. Steak with a sprig of thyme and crushed garlic basted over it is amazing.

I don't really like spicy stuff, so refer to the others for that shit.

Also look up how to make your own taco seasoning. I make my own that's super low sodium for turkey and I prefer it to every other kind of taco seasoning.
>>
Lol anon did you miss the part when people fought wars about spice for 1000 years nonstop
>>
>>37046531
You especially get that in the cities.
>>
Do...do people not know about spices? No, wait, scratch that, I already know... Just taught my idiot mother how to use spices.

Personal favorites:
>fresh cracked black pepper
>rosemary
>smoked paprika
>lemon juice
>garlic (fresh)
>cinnamon
>italian herb mix
>herbes de provence
>red pepper flakes
>ginger (fresh)
>fresh basil
>cilantro

>cloves, anise, ginger, allspice for hot beverages

>orange peels and dried ginger for hot tea
>>
People in the past blew each other to pieces at sea just to transport that shit.

People fucking DIED for those fucking leaves and twigs.

Spices are worth dying for, and that is why they are goddamn delicious.
>>
>>37046317

>tiny bit of salt, black pepper and thymus on chicken breast
>>
>>37046164
I practically live off of chicken and fish with various flavors of Mrs Dash seasoning mixes.

I have a pretty comprehensive spice cabinet, but they make those blends so tasty that I usually don't bother with anything else unless I'm marinating something.

And I don't get why anyone eats bland food. It's not like grocery stores haven't been stocking a huge spice selection forever. But as an American, I can attest that far too many of us have no idea how to use spices. Throw some basic spice elements into a dish, and you're a 3-star chef around here.
>>
>>37048419
Oh, yeah. Add salt. Those blends are made for people with blood pressure problems. A little salt brings out the flavor, but lets you still control how much sodium you're adding, compared to other spice blends and rubs that are predominately salt.
>>
Post your best recipes for chicken thighs.
>>
Right here's what you're going to do.

Onto your chicken breast you put
CAYENNE PEPPER
PAPRIKA
GINGER
TUMERIC
CUMIN
ALLSPICE

Fry it up in a bit of oil and you've got a tasty chicken breast.

I was genuinely confused as to why people go on about how they hate chicken. Are you all too stupid to put spice on food?
>>
Congratulations, OP, on why the first advice I give to anyone is "learn to fucking cook, fatass"
>>
>>37046555
No, he literally didn't.
>>
>>37048513
Lightly season with salt. Glaze with homemade raspberry preserves and grill.
>>
>>37048998
>pic related
>OP
>>
Turmeric + black pepper. Ax abut it faggots.
>>
>>37046389
Completely accurate
>>
>>37046236

I've tried spicing my chicken, but I never get it to taste good without adding lots of fat and/or sugary shit.
>>
>>37048384
>thymus

kek

t. foodie
>>
Help me brehs. How do you season rice so it doesn't taste like shit? I liked it at first when I ate it once a week but now it just tastes disgusting to eat plain rice. Sometimes even fry it, which adds unnecessary fat and sodium.
>>
>>37050047
Cook it in chicken stock or broth. Adds lot of salt but makes it taste awesome
>>
>>37048040
Are you european?
>>
>>37050071
Oh yeah, my mom always used to do that. Might be worth a try.
>>
File: SADhu.jpg (231 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
SADhu.jpg
231 KB, 990x660
>>37049335
Ugh, I hate that shit.

>mfw I would spend hours cooking delicious meals with plenty of fresh herbs and spices packed with flavor, then my black exgf would complain about how white people don't know how to spice things and then just dump some awful dollar store spice blend on it EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

She'd do it at restaurants and for her mother's cooking (which was pretty good) too.
>>
OP, not to be a dick, but how the fuck did you not know about herbs and spices? Even if you don't cook for yourself, surely you know that's what actually made most food taste good, right?

>>37046352
Where do you get MSG from?
>>
>>37047085

Undercooked chicken can definitely make you sick, but it is fairly safe. Generally speaking, if you get chicken sourced from a smaller farm rather than a factory farm it is almost totally safe.

Undercooked beef is always fine.

Undercooked pork is also basically always fine. Problem used to be trichinosis but modern pork has basically eliminated that a a problem.

Don't fuck with undercooked game meat. Trichinosis is most definitely still present in a lot of wild game meat, as well as a whole host of other things.
>>
>>37046164
How do you not know about seasoning food??
Did you think food just tasted good for no reason??
>>
>>37046317
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
>>
>>37049885
Try marinating it, add a bunch of spices to a little bit of water (has to be a lot of spices and not too much water) and mix it up and leave your chicken in there for over night in a fridge (poke the chicken with a fork a few times so it seeps into the hole)
>>
>>37050354
>black exgf
Haha nice try whiteboi
>>
>>37051865
>water

The fuck is wrong with you. Use olive oil you fucking pleb
>>
Herbs and spices are a good way to make you smell like a filthy Indian. It literally leaks out of your pores
>>
File: Gastromat.jpg (43 KB, 300x690) Image search: [Google]
Gastromat.jpg
43 KB, 300x690
>>37046164
Behold the GOAT of spices

>sea salt
>vegetables
>garlic
>leek
>MSG

Per 100g:
>kcal
>Protein
20,7 g
>Carbs
14 g
>Fat
1,4 g

And it tastes FUCKING DELICIOUS
>>
>>37051909
>marinating your chicken in olive oil
Just go grab mcdonalds at this point
>>
>>37050354
Me and my black gf joke about this, but she's never said anything bad about my cooking and really admits that I'm a way better cook than her. Generalizations and stereotypes can be good fun, but anybody who takes them as fact is just an idiot.
>>
>>37051970
There's zero evidence to back your claim up, but on the flipside its objective fact that retarded faggotry leaks out of your mouth
>>
>>37052080

Ever smelled an Indian? It's all those spices they use in their stinky food
>>
>>37052102
Not only that, but they usually have very >shitty hygienes as well.
>>
>>37050354
I think that's the thing with black people. They SWEAR by some pre-made "gourmet" spice blend bull crap, and they just toss it in there and say it's good to go.

Nigga, YOU didn't cook anything; Sweet baby Ray Louis did, and Sweet Baby Ray Louis died 100 years ago. That's like mixing together a packet of mashed potatoes and congratulating yourself on being such a great cook.
>>
>>37046531
agree with this, when i went over to visit it seemed most people had a high tech kitchen that was just there to keep up with the joneses, and they only ever used the microwave or occasionally the oven to head up pre-made food , from what i was told very little actual cooking goes on
>>
>>37046317

CUMIN
U
M
I
N
>>
>>37046352
gives you the shits sometimes
>>
>>37049335

"literally" refers to a discrepancy between actual meaning and an idiom or perceived metaphor. in the absence of either of the last two things, "literally" was used incorrectly.

however, meanings of words change over time. literally has literally morphed into a filler word used for emphasis without any solid definition.
>>
>>37046317
god mode achieved.
>>
>>37046317

monosodium glutamate.
>>
>>37052021
this is enlightenment.
>>
>>37050976

MSG can be found on pretty much any grocery shelf under the name "Accent," but it's much cheaper to buy it in larger quantities from Asian grocery stores. i've also seen it carried at Wal-mart in the Asian food aisle.
>>
>>37051863
Do you get these at a fair? Which one?
>>
File: hellodarkness.jpg (47 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
hellodarkness.jpg
47 KB, 800x522
>>37052911
Scarborough, my family.
>>
File: IMG_20160505_163906.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160505_163906.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>37046236
this, pic related me a few hours ago

>elder deity tier lean brotein for cut
>tastes better than fried chicken

Difference to most is I could cook pretty well for long time, part if the reason I got fat in the first place
>>
>>37052948
Cool. I like that place. Maybe you'll see a true love of mine.
>>
>>37052908
Thanks man, gonna hit the store after uni and see if I can find it.
>>
>>37052975

what do you think of pain 100%? was gonna get that or pain is good. I'm a lil bitch so i was leaning pain is good.
>>
>>37053740
It doesn't have quite as much flavor to it as I hoped, but the burn is quite unique, deep into your tongue. it's the hottest thing I got so I use it to make other sauces/spices hotter
>>
>>37046317
Smoked paprika
Liquid smoke
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.