[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to go from SL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dyel.jpg (104 KB, 900x448) Image search: [Google]
dyel.jpg
104 KB, 900x448
Hey /fit/,

I'm going to be finished with SL soon, and have no idea where to take things from there.

Since I can afford to go to gym one more day (so 4 days a week) and I want to transition to a morea aesthetics based routine, I was thinking of upping the volume and splitting my body parts into 2, e.g. like this:

A: Back, biceps, chest, triceps
B: Shoulders, legs, abs

Do you see any problems with that? Can I just do the same every day (I was thinking of the big 5 with a 3x5 scheme for strength + isolations for volume) and up the weights whenever I feel like my body can handle it? Or do I need a dedicated strength and volume day to not burn myself out? Any advice would be appreciated!
>>
>>37045912
What are your lifts??
>>
>>37045971
squat 145 lb
deadlift 160 lb
bench 70 lb

I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I think SL is pretty easy and at this rate I think i can go competitive in 5 - 6 months.
>>
>>37045971
1pl8 OHP
2pl8 bench
2pl8 squat
3pl8 DL

(I know, I know. In my defence, I am 6'5 and my long femoral bones make it very hard for me to progress on squats)
>>
>>37045977
kek fuck off
>>
>>37045979
I'm 6'2" on SL, and haven't had that issue. I've had more trouble progressing on OHP and bench than I have on squats, but I think it's because I weigh less than a lot of other SL buddies I know.
>>
Look into PHAT.

Such a great routine imo.
>>
>>37045912
Sounds good.
Check out Candito's Linear Program, which is Basically what you are describing.

An Upper/Lower split 4x/week is imo perfect for the intermediate lifter who wants both strength and aesthetics.

You have now 2 options.
Either you have 2 Strength/Heavy and 2 Volume/Light Days, or you have a main lift heavy every day and volume after that.
Candito's Program is set up like the former:
(It's not exactly like this, but that's how you could do it:)
A: Heavy Lower: Squat 3x5, Deadlift 2x5, Lower Body accessories
B: Heavy Upper: Bench 3x5, OHP, Rows, Chinups, Upper body accessories
C: Light Lower: Light Squat, Deadlift, Lower accessories
D: Light Upper: Light Bench, OHP, Rows, Chinups, Upper body accessories

The alternative:

A: Deadlift day: Deadlift 3x5, Light Squats, Lower body accessories (including abs and lower back)
B: Overhead Press day: Press 3x5, Rows 3x5, Light bench, Light Chinups/Pullups, Upper body accessories
C: Squat Day: Squat 3x5, Light Deadlifts, Lower accessories
D: Bench Day: Bench 3x5, Chinups/Pullups 3x5, Light Press, Light Rows, Upper body accessories

For the "light" exercises, you can do anywhere from 3x8-5x10, Or you can do variations of the movement, like front squats, RDL, incline bench, with dumbbells, ...

For progression, you simply add 0-10 pounds to each lift each week. It's still linear progression, you can basically keep the SL scheme, i.e. if you fail to hit 3x5, you repeat the same weight, if you fail 3 times in a row, you deload.
>>
>>37046597
If you're on drugs. Volume is way too high for a natty, especially someone with only a novice background.
>>
>>37046659
What are you implying about dr lane Nordstrom?
>>
>>37046606
awesome, that really helped! I think I am going to go with the Candito version and split between strength and volume; since I have always been an overenthusiastic fag and just wind up burning myself out.

Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>37047208
Candito has a pdf detailing the program here: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.