[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fit, I'm morbidly obese(5'11",400lbs) what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mario.png (56 KB, 617x616) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
56 KB, 617x616
Hey fit, I'm morbidly obese(5'11",400lbs) what is the best way for me to lose weight?

Also:

Cardio or strength training?

pic not related.
>>
>>37045849
>Hey fit, I'm morbidly obese(5'11",400lbs) what is the best way for me to lose weight?

calculate TDEE, eat 1,000 calories under that per day

>Cardio or strength training?

yes
>>
>>37045849
stop eating
>>
OP here. I've heard cardio isn't so good to start with when you're a fatass like me. Is it true?
>>
>>37045875
>OP here. I've heard cardio isn't so good to start with when you're a fatass like me. Is it true?

keep track of your heart rate, get it to 150 for like 20-30 minutes a day. do stuff that's easy on your joints like swimming and the elliptical machine
>>
>>37045875
Whoever told you that is retarded. Just take it easy at first though, try walking for extended periods don't just start sprinting or your fat ass might die.
>>
>>37045875
Running and jumping could be bad for your joints if your very heavy

there are other forms of cardio however

if this is to hard on your joints just sub the kicks for punches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYGHc9mdH6M

also at the gym you can use the elliptical machine

god speed
>>
>>37045849
Best way to lose weight is do the one thing you literally do not want to stop doing.

That is stop eating.

You CANNOT outrun a shit fucking diet where you stuff your face. You simply do not have the hours in the day to do it.

Stop eating like a fucking pig and you will literally have pounds melt off you.

But you're not going to do that are you?
Because you love food too much.
>>
Weight loss is 90% food and 10% exercise my friend. Eat less.
>>
intense cardio can make you less hungry, but you're gonna have to work up to it lest ye heart explode

eat a 2,500 calorie diet for a while:

4 eggs, with 1 slice of cheese, and about a pound of whatever veggies for breakfast

2 cans tuna with half a serving of mayo on fiber bread for lunch

bag of carrots for snack

1/2 pound of chicken breast and large sweet potato for dinner, with some broccoli

limit the amount of cooking oil you use. don't add sauces. these foods might taste weird at first but they'll taste great after you get used to it and the diet kicks in.

the weight will fall off and you won't be super hungry (after the sugar cravings go away)
>>
>>37045849
Keto dude. Keto. You are probably insulin resistant. Give your pancreas and arteries some recovery time for a month or six. Or forever.

I dropped from 300 to 230 and then stared SS + ketogains. Leangains + keto.

Or if you don't want to do keto fully, no sugar, no refined starches except limited rice. And lay off the fruit, and for sure no pop, juice, or anything sweet.
>>
>>37046363

keto is a terrible idea for "my first diet", I've seen more reddit fatties gain back more weight on it than any other stupid diet

>it's restrictive
>it's fucking difficult
>it's expensive

meaning that you won't last unless you suddenly develop a will of steel, and when you go back to eating garbage, you'll skyrocket your weight

better to learn how eating healthy feels and make it a permanent change
>>
Do both. Start easy. Eat less too.
>>
>>37045849
I'll give you advice only if you provide me a pic of your stomach and thighs for research purposes.
>>
>>37045875
Mostly stress on the joint due to excess weight, fat floats tho so swimming is your best bet cause the water carries that excess weight for you but also provides resistance as you're trying to move to make it both a safe and efficient method of burning some extra calories and building stamina
>>
File: 1454558182500.jpg (347 KB, 1836x2462) Image search: [Google]
1454558182500.jpg
347 KB, 1836x2462
>>37046380
We went from "diet is everything" to "difficult" "muh willpower" bs.

Will it be painful? Absolutely. If you have balls, man up and get it done. It took me until age 30 to grow a pair. Yes, I regret that, but that's the past.

It takes 21 days to build a habit. Do it in phases:

1. No more sugar, soda, pop, juice, candy, chips
2. Reduce bread intake and replace with white rice (brown rice has toxins in the bran).
3. Repeat by phasing out pasta, potatoes, etc.
4. Increase fat intake. If you cut sugar, you must replace it with fat or you will fail.

One. Step. At. A. Time.

It helped me to read fat hate stuff and anything on stoicism. You'll make it bro. Put your mind to it, look in the mirror and tell the fatty that it ends now, and phase in the needed changes.

If you can so it all at once, well better, but I couldn't.

Good luck anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.