[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>growing up dad always calls me a piece of shit >tells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>growing up dad always calls me a piece of shit
>tells me I am worthless, that I will die alone, that I'll grow up to be a bum
>stop talking to him after graduating high school
>also join a gym at this time
>for a few months no one talks to me
>finally meet a bigger guy who starts showing me the ropes
>introduces me to the "group" of regulars ages 30-55
>they all take me in
>one guy in particular let's call him Mike
>Every time he sees me he talks to me
>always giving me good advice
>whenever he introduces me to someone he brags about how much I can lift
>complements my strength when I PR
>today at age 20 have a small case of tennis elbow
>been icing and resting for two weeks and it hasn't gone away
>see Mike, about to ask for advice on how to make it go away
>almost say "hey dad" but stop myself
>go to the bathroom
>choke back tears
>continue lifting
>ask my question like normal
>he tells me some advice
>he will never know....
>>
Beautiful, I wish I had a lifting buddy.

Then I wouldn't have done sitting military press on a smith machine and snapped my shoulder up for life after only 2 weeks.
>>
>>37042650
Toughen up. I wrecked my rotator cuff doing shitty ohp form my first month. Took a month of doing rotator cuff work and 3 years later, I out lift all my friends
>>
>>37042581
ok
>>
>>37042581
If you did call him dad he would probably laugh and roll with it. I work as a foreman and e get young guys all the time and I really do need to watch over them like a father would so they dont do things wrong and/or sometimes dangerous enough to get them killed. If I get some kid that I know works with a certain guy well and he asks me questions I just tell him to go ask his daddy. Its almost a term of endearment
>>
>>37042581
iktfb... i once thought to say out loud (to someone close amd dear to me) , "[...] of course you should know this, i'm your son" jokingly. i felt like i was somehow dysfunctional, and not only that feeling that way was wrong, but also that i was weak in some way. that thought made me think long and deep.

but idunno, i just want a father in my life, like other people
>>
>>37042581
This is beautiful. Sehr Völkish, anon. May your gains be bountiful, you're going to make it.
>>
>>37042581
This board is as gay as everyone says, huh?
>>
>>37042581
>nursing tennis elbow

Top kek. It never goes away. Get a brace or man up pussy.
>>
>>37043231
Yeah, if you've got a problem with that I'll beat your fucking dick off. You fucking asshole, you're probably sitting in your briefs right now on your comp in a dark light room fresh out of he shower and have a fresh pump; all vascular and shit. Mmm, fuck you faggot
>>
You don't fix tennis or golfer's elbow by resting, but by aggravating it with very high volume of chinups.
>>
When i was young every time i found something i was interested in or wanted to do i would tell my dad and every single time he would tell me how stupid it was so because he hated it i lost interest and never did anything. Well finally i got sick of his shit and stopped telling him things about myself and i actually started doing them. I was 23 and left to join the army. I'm 33 now and haven't spoken to that cunt since.
>>
>>37042581
Glad you found a daddy
>>
>>37043231
Keep talking like that and you're gonna get raped , sugar buns.
>>
my dad has been dead for almost 20 years...don't remember much about him...he is basically just the voice behind the camera in old family videos, never seen, only heard
>>
>>37042946
I am similar to the young guys you are describing, except often times when some of the more experienced older guys or even my own foreman are struggling with a task, I will often tell them "here, let daddy get it" and I will do the task for them to assert my dominance.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.