[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Other one is at 350+ replies..

Are seated dumbbell presses a legit way to break through OHP plateaus? I don't want to give up OHP entirely, I just can't break 1pl8 OHP for the life of me and it's getting discouraging senpai.
>>
>>37042024
Why can't I squat heavy? Everytime I reach 100 kg for 5 reps my form decay and I have to deload
>>
>>37042024
IT'S ONLY AT 348 YOU FUCKING LIAR

>can DBs help break through plateaus?
Yes

>>37042035
Because you are weak
Post form check. Fix form
Drop all assistance exercises
Do a good routine to increase strength
Eat/Sleep more
>>
>>37042035
if you have reached 100kg more than once, then it's probably a mental issue more than a strength/form issue
>>
>>37042083
How do I fix that?
>>
From >>37028728
Hey /fit/. Could use help with squat form. Disclaimer: no video.

I have pretty bad/weak knees from some accidents a while ago, and whenever I squat really deep, which is what I'm aiming for right now, the left one grinds and pops.

On top of that, compared to guys in form videos, my knees don't go far enough past my toes. Like, they stay right above the end of my shoe.

I feel like these are impacting depth and form. I know I should probably go to a doctor for the first bit, but is there anything I can do for the second?
>>
>>37042549
>>37042534
Pain ever? Is it safe for you to squat?
Form check?

Do you warm up?
Does teh grinding and popping happen with bodyweight squats after warming up?

>knees don't go far enough past my toes
Ankle mobility/dorsiflexion. Stretch calves, ankles, achilles tendon
youtube.com/watch?v=0eAqJ4-oKTM
youtube.com/watch?v=_Gwgm3s2EQ0

Also practice sitting deep in a 'sumo stretch' Push knees out with elbows and put hands together or on floor

You should be using google, doing some of your own research and already know the basic cues of a squat, like heels, etc
>>
>>37042633
Thanks for the tips/videos. I warm up with bodyweight, bar, then lighter weight. And yeah its sometimes actually worse during bodyweight or goblet squats then normal barbell squats
>>
im 80kg and and about 5"10' new to lifting and not really sure what I should do.
bench 40kg
squat 40kg
ohp 25kg

what routine do ya'll recommend?
>>
>>37042689
If I were you, I'd have gone to a doctor to make sure it's safe already.
You could also use slow negatives with little to no bounce at the bottom to spare your knees

>>37042720
Read the sticky
I always recommend reading Starting Strength to beginners
>>
>>37042720
Other chillanon recommended SS, you could also look into PPL. It's what I started on, it's easy as fuck to follow, and fun. Plus gains. Either way, recommend 5x5
>>
The SS book recommends getting squat shoes, but I'm not about to buy shoes just for one lift. Would I be able to wear liftan shoes during DLs? Would they be better than my Chucks?

Also, since the victims of SS thread earlier today, I'm concerned about turning into a tyrant lizard from the late Cretaceous. What exercises should a relative beginner add to balance out the upper body?
>>
>>37042799
>Also, since the victims of SS thread earlier today, I'm concerned about turning into a tyrant lizard from the late Cretaceous.
this is exactly what I'm afraid of
>>
>>37042799
It's just highly recommended to get shoes with incompressible soles ot provide stability and connection to the floor.
A simple pair of Chucks will do, as will some Adidas Sambas, Vans, etc
A raised heel is definitely helpful for a squat, but absolutely not necessary. Many powerlifters squat in flats too
>What exercises
Read the book
Chinups, curls, lying tricep extensions or dips can all be added easily
>>
>>37042846
Should've also added that barefoot is also good if your gym allows it
You shouldn't wear lifting (heeled) shoes for deadlifts because it's better leverage to have your heel on the ground when pulling from the floor
>>
>>37042799
>>37042815
you won't turn into a fucking monster overnight jesus christ if you see your legs are ahead just ease on their traning this shit isn't rocketscience

do DLs and squats without shoes, if you don't have the mobility to squat without lifting shoes put a plank under your heels and start stretching for squat mobility
>>
>>37042846
>>37042863

Thanks anon. I couldn't wait to finish the book to start lifting. I'll finish up so I can plan to add accessories.
>>
File: 1377058063731.jpg (55 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
1377058063731.jpg
55 KB, 391x391
>>37042891
I was on SL for about three months back in October, and my legs busted out so fast that I had to replace my pants. I got injured in January and haven't lifted since. I get that I could stop squatting, but I really do enjoy the exercise and wanted to see if there was some orthodox way of keeping my upper body in line with squat gains, too.

Sorry about the double post, I'm on a bunch of Vicodin right now.
>>
>>37042799
bench press, ohp, dumbell press, dips
>>
Is cardio just a meme or is it necessary to get /fit/?
>>
>>37043063
it's not necessary at all but it's good for your health and in a lesser extend gains too since cardio increases testosterone production slightly

the whole "kills gains" meme comes from the fact that it burns calories. That's literally it. Lifting burns calories too. Counter it by eating more
>>
>>37043063
Also very interested in this. Is HIIT or steady-state better?
>>
Is there any sort of ideal for how much you should leg press when starting out based on your weight?
>>
I'm 6foot1, 195ish, trying to lose some weight and just lower my overall body fat.

Started lifting every other day doing basically starting strength, but a little bit more reps and I add an exercise or two.

In between days I run/cardio.

Am I doing it right? Obviously diet is the most important thing when it comes to losing weight, and I've been eating less and better.

I shouldn't expect my lifts to go anywhere right? since I'm not eating enough to build any muscle?
>>
When you guys started lifting, how much where you able to bench press?
>>
>>37043063
Not necessary, but helps manage calories and cardiovascular health is important to be... healthy.

>>37043082
Depends on goals
HIIT is probably the better option most of the time

>>37043091
Nobody gives a fuck about leg press on this board
Do squats instead

>>37043135
Don't fret about this like this, everybody is different and your starting point doesn't matter.

Some can't even bench the bar when they start, some can already bench 60kg. I think I started with like 35 kg when I was in HS.
Then I quit all exercise after HS. Then when I started lifting again I started keeping a log of my SS workouts, log indicates my first bench working weight was 52 kg. But even then, my form was pretty shitty and I probably should've started lower

>>37043105
Yes
Your lifts can and still should increase if you are a total noob with low lifts, but not very far.
>>
Any runners here able to help me pick out a running shoe to get? Or at least what kind of shoe for distance and running for probably 30+ minutes.
>>
File: shoesupport.gif (8 KB, 430x241) Image search: [Google]
shoesupport.gif
8 KB, 430x241
>>37043294
See pic related
You need to know which one you are so that you can pick the right shoe accordingly
You can check this by looking at old running shoes and examining the wear on the sole/grip

People who work at shoe shops are usually surprisingly helpful and knowledgeable
>>
I always work out right after work since the gym is just down the street from my work place. My house on the other hand is a good half hour away.

I left my gym bag at home. Am I gonna get ostricized from working out in jeans? Not gonna add an hour and a half of drive time to my day just to get my shorts.
>>
>>37043486
Just go buy a pair of gym shorts. I never give a shit what someone wears to the gym, but working out in jeans sounds so uncomfortable.
>>
>>37043486
Nobody will say anything to you and nobody will remember you
If you want to be autistic about it just go somewhere nearby and buy a cheap pair or shorts or sweats
>>
Really dumb question: You're supposed to rest after every set, but is a set one workout (ex. Deadlifts) or is it a group workouts done once (ex. Squats, then deadlifts, then OHP)?
>>
>>37043294
asics kayano 22
bit pricey tho
anything asics but
>>
>>37043857
Read the sticky
If I am doing 5x5 Squats, I am doing 5 sets of 5 reps. This means I warmup, then when I hit my top 'working weight', I do 5 reps (a set of 5). Then rest. Then 5 more reps (the second set of 5). Etc
>>
>>37043963
Thanks bro
>>
>pulled muscle
Should I take the opportunity, being out of the gym and all to try a quick fast?
>>
Any idea how to estimate how many more calories I need to eat while menstruating? I'm on a strict diet, and I know I need at least a little more but can't figure out how much.
>>
Will drinking flavored sparkling water negatively effect my cut? Specifically the Wellsley brand shit
>>
I've been adding weight on SS every week now instead of every workout. I've been doing SS for 8 months. Is it time to move on to something else? I still feel like my lifts are weak. SQ 205, DL 215, BP 115, OHP 85, recovering skeleton

If I should move on what are some recommendations?
>>
>>37042024
why is my dumbell press so much better than my barbell press?
dumbell i can do 120 3 X 8
barbell after 90 one set of five reps I have to go lower. I've had people check my form and say its ok so is it in my head or what? and with dumbell i can go lower so it should be harder not easier. i have short arms and barrel chest is that the deal?
>>
>>37044142
I totally didn't think this would actually raise your energy expenditure significantly, might even be lower than otherwise, because your body isn't building up the uterine wall.

But I was wrong. Average (mean) in at least one study with 36 participants showed a 15% increase in BMR (this is TDEE before activity level multipliers).

>>37044650
If it's low sodium, the impact should be minimal at most.

>>37044854
You go until you've had to do a non-condition-related deload two or three times.
You do a deload by dropping back 10-15% and building back up in the same increments you were using before you stopped.
A non-condition related deload should happen when you've failed to make a new weight three times in a row.
Condition related deloads are ones that happen because you've injured yourself or missed some gym because of illness or other problems.

That said, while some people have gone longer, 8 months is longer than average to be on Starting Strength's beginner program. Those are pretty weak lifts for 8 months of the beginner though. Have you been eating and sleeping enough? Did you start chin-ups? Did you start alternating squats with either light squats (2x5x85% work set) or front squats?
>>
Can I get a gf if I don't have any friends?
>>
File: manletsyummy.jpg (227 KB, 3000x1685) Image search: [Google]
manletsyummy.jpg
227 KB, 3000x1685
When I deadlift, I never feel my hams "work out" -- it feels more like just my lower back, if anything. How can I utilize the deadlift for better ham gains? What is the best ham gainer?
>>
where can i buy bags of flavored crickets, i have searched a few sites but they are always small bags with like 5-10 each bag, anyone know of a place i can order them?
>>
Why is the OHP so hard?
>>
>>37045158
Post form check

Try using less knee flexion (might not be the correct solution)
Google videos on how to 'load' the hamstrings
It's obviously a setup and technique issue
I think the best way is to practice by doing SLDLs (slow negative and feel the stretch in the hams) and paused deadlifts (pause off the ground and make sure you are sitting back and feeling tension in the hamstrings off the ground nad not just the lower back)
This is the cue (video) that made it click for me, key point being bring B forwards to meet A and B. Don't just move A backwards
https://youtu.be/iQ5rY_beDLY?t=7m8s

>>37045199
The muscles used aren't that large
Try posting a form check to try and get an instant boost

>>37045070
Yes
But you won't keep her unless she is selfish or autistic

>>37045031
Probably shit technique or inconsistency in ROM or standing/sitting
>form ok
Post it then

>>37044854
SS is designed as linear progression
It recommends you move to Texas Method when you cannot achieve LP and TM is weekly progression
Your lifts are SS tier
You should really read the book, because you're obviously not doing things right
Posting form checks is always useful (which is actually stated in the book)

>>37044650
Calories or sodium?

>>37044121
But why?
>>
File: amigonnamakeit.jpg (833 KB, 836x1804) Image search: [Google]
amigonnamakeit.jpg
833 KB, 836x1804
i'm 5'10, ~162lbs
my best deadlift set recently is 4plaet x 4 beltless
should i wear a belt?
>>
>>37045053
I started chinups but I haven't started alternating squats.

I'll admit my sleep is pretty weak and my diet could use improving. I did break my hand and had to lay off for a couple weeks though, which caused me to deload quite a bit.

Thanks for the info.
>>
>>37045378
If you feel like your core is a limiting factor (should be) and would like to go heavier with a tool, sure.
>>
File: 20160504_184557.jpg (635 KB, 857x1195) Image search: [Google]
20160504_184557.jpg
635 KB, 857x1195
Apart from current body condition, how fucked am i genetic wise?
>>
File: 1442430049086.jpg (169 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1442430049086.jpg
169 KB, 720x960
yo bros help me out

I'm having sex with this girl and we've been going at it for liek 3 years now as FBW

but the thing is she's too clingy but at the same time i like getting pussy whenver i want. should i just break it off or keep fucking her and look for other girls on the side
>>
>>37045451
She's going to be pissed if you get another girl
But yeah, I would do that

>>37045446
Am I supposed to be looking at your genetic code? Just lift faggot
>>
Just how bad is ibuprofen when it comes killing gains? I have a pounding headache right now but at the same time I had such a great workout today. I thought I heard something about pain killers interfering with protein synthesis.

I also have one left over vicodin which is looking really tempting right now.
>>
Will eating once a day at night while cutting affect the results I get? (Think warrior diet). IMO this style of eating would just be easier for me due to work etc
>>
how do you get rid of ass sweat smell after the gym?

I only have 3 pairs of gym shorts and it's irritating having to wash my them after every gym sesh
>>
>>37045451
That fat one has a huge fkn bush.
>>
>>37045586
Seriously? Stop letting your boyfriend wipe his shitty dick on your shorts, faggot.
>>
File: 1462346666904s.jpg (2 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1462346666904s.jpg
2 KB, 125x122
>>37042024
I'm eating better and exercising a more-- nothing hardcore, I just like swimming an hour a night or so. So more cardio.

Question is: why the hell have I stopped shitting? Shit less than once a week now. it's driving me crazy. feel like I swallowed a portal.

WHERE HAVE ALL MY SHITS GONE?
>>
i know dead lifts shouldn't be substituted be, but can they be replaced with dumbbells
>>
I'm tall and have a large frame but I have an ugly face. If I gain weight do I have a chance with girls at all?
>>
is there a window after a workout where sleeping would significantly increase gains? or is it all insignificant short of all frequent all nighters? I ask because u sometimes work 16 hours straight so I got from the gym, home, eat, shit shower shave, and then off to work. so I'm awake for 20+ hours like twice a week post workout
>>
Is gaining 3 kg per month too much if I want to keep fat gains at minimum? How much should I try to add to my weight per month?
>>
I'm bulking, and a friend just told me that it's ok to not eat 500 more calories than my TDEE on days I don't lift. Is this true?

Also, can I do a 3x5 set of my max weight instead of doing a 5x5 ramping set? I think some basic routine written by someone named Sean (linked in the sticky) said this, but I wanted some input on this.
>>
>>37045556
>how bad is ibuprofen when it comes killing gains?
Some studies have shown it can impair results in the gym while others have failed to see this effect. But regardless of whether they can have a detrimental effect or not, I suppose it comes down to how bad your headache is.
You could also consider a painkiller that isn't a NSAID.

>>37045578
Great for cutting, not so great for building muscle.

>>37045629
>can they be replaced with dumbbells
No. It very quickly becomes too impractical, because your strength will increase so fast in this lift.

>>37045644
Yeah that's not how things work... Although obviously the better you look, the better your chances are. Getting fit usually makes you look better. But just getting fit isn't going to magically get you girls. It's about the whole picture.

>>37045947
You should never be awake for 20+ hours at a time. Do it if you have to - you can probably still make progress but it won't be optimal.

>>37046093
>Is gaining 3 kg per month too much if I want to keep fat gains at minimum?
Yes. Half a kg per week at the most. And the more advanced you are, the smaller this amount should be.

>>37046144
>Is this true?
Yes and no. Your body doesn't really operate in 24 hour intervals. It's more helpful to try to see the bigger picture, for example your overall energy expenditure during a whole week.
Imagine if we worked with 4 hour intervals instead of 24. That would mean that the first 4 hours we might be in a 1200 calorie surplus and the next we might be in a huge deficit. The important thing is what it adds up to over time.

Of course it's always good to have more energy on training days.

>>37046144
>can I do a 3x5 set of my max weight instead of doing a 5x5 ramping set?
You can try. I'd generally recommend following the program to the letter. There's a reason it's made that way after all. It's not just a random decision (unless it's a shitty program).
>>
Need 4 back exercises, which one should I take out? Also doing biceps that day.

Deadlifts
Pull Ups
Bent Over Rows
Seated Cable Row
Dumbbell Row
>>
>>37046217
So warrior diet is great for cutting. So it won't effect muscle preservation? Compared to more than one meal a day
>>
>>37046351

Probably bent-over rows (not the best of movements if your lower back is already fried from deadlifting), although really you only need one normal row.
>>
If you want to do a blood test just to assess general health, what would be good things to test for?
Obviously I'd ask for testosterone and blood lipid tests, but what else is recommended?
>>
>>37046351
You will want to keep the deadlifts, pull-ups and at least one row variation. Rows can be performed in many different ways - If you're doing all the rows in the same way then just keep one row movement. If you're doing them differently, pick the two that look the least identical. There's no reason to ever do two similar movements, regardless of whether it's done with cables, barbells or dumbbells.

>>37046355
>So it won't effect muscle preservation?
It might. It's a more aggressive way of cutting, which has its pros and cons.
As always, as you get leaner and leaner, the risk of losing lean mass increases and logically speaking, not eating for an extended period of time will further increase the risk. On the other hand, as you get very lean it also becomes increasingly hard to shed additional bodyfat, and not eating for an extended period of time makes that easier. So yeah, pros and cons.
>>
5'10 275 fatty here.

What do I do if keep under my TDEE - 500 all week, but my scale says I haven't lost any weight?

I'm not going too drastic. My TDEE is about 2300, and I usually hover around 2000, so I'm not in starvation mode, am I?
>>
>>37046438

Assuming you're counting correctly, you're probably just holding more water than last week. At your size your bodyweight can fluctuate a fair bit based just on how much water or food is physically in your system.
>>
>>37046217
First year starting. So I should keep at about 2 kg per month?
>>
>>37046440

I've been measuring out my portions and been using to MyFitnessPal app to track my calories, so I'm 95% sure I'm counting correctly.

So just stay the course, then? My weight should be going down regardless of water retention after a few weeks at most, right?
>>
What do you guys think of Jamie Lewis and his blog chaos and pain?
>>
>>37046507

Over time, yeah. Variations in water weight are one of the reasons its hard to take any single weight-in as meaning too much in the grand scheme of things. Its the overall trend that matters.
>>
>>37046462
>I should keep at about 2 kg per month?
Yes.
>>
What's the most /fit/ martial art?
>>
>>37046521

Strong lifter, fairly smart, don't take anything he says too seriously - dude's playing a caricature of himself online.
>>
>>37046556
What about his program, how he says fuck form a lot, and how he says jerking off as much as possible will raise t levels?
>>
>>37046525

Good to know. So even if my scale isn't showing it, I'm still losing weight by a pound or more per week?
>>
>>37046571

His programs are fine (I'd suggest reading the Destroy the Opposition ebook just for its overview of all the different programs and forms really good lifters have used). Not how I like to train but whatever.

He's got something of a point when it comes to form but people tend to misinterpret what he's saying. He isn't saying go and out and do whatever, he's mostly saying that a) peoples ideal form is individual and b) form breakdown happens when you're near a max effort. Get too caught up in how you're 'supposed' to lift and you can spend a lot of time with little to show for it.

No idea what he's on about with the test stuff. He's probably got a study somewhere about it but fucked if I can be bothered looking.
>>
>>37046592

Probably. Its an absolute pain in the arse to nail down exact numbers on this sort of thing because of the little variables.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>37046614

It's a rat study
>>
Recovering skele here, trying to add bodyweight exercises (pull ups, dips) etc into my routine but I can't complete even a single rep.
Should I just focus on other exercises for the same muscles or use the assistance machine?
(side note: is ppl a decent beginners routine? been brosplitting for 3 months now with no linear progression and I want a decent routine that isn't SS)
>>
Easy low cal, sources of Iron, Vit A, Vit C, and Potassium?
>>
File: 1460175485243.jpg (24 KB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1460175485243.jpg
24 KB, 235x240
>>37046626

I'll keep it up, then. Thanks, anon.
>>
>girl is away
>message girl
>girl comes online
>doesn't respond
>girl is away

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>37046664
I'm getting tired of pointing this out, but "ppl" is not a program or even a routine. It's just 3 letters giving a vague hint of how you might split up your focus during the week. You can make a PPL set-up that is outstanding and suits you and your goals really well. And you can make a PPL set-up that is downright terrible and just repeating your bro-split mistakes all over again - same thing but in different packing.

So to answer your question, it CAN be a good beginner's routine. But it can also suck a preposterous amount of the fat ass. It needs to be build on solid principles and it needs to fit your individual capacities.
In order for it to be effective, it should be based on a selection of big compound exercises that is BALANCED in terms of which muscle groups they emphasize (that means don't do 15 sets for your pecs and only 3 sets for your hamstrings). Do the majority of your work in a rep-range that reflects your goals. Do as much work as time and energy permits BUT not so much that you can't recover from it (if your strength isn't going up consistently, then you're likely doing too much (or messing up your diet)).

As for pull-ups and dips, they're amazing exercises but not if you can't do them properly. Don't underestimate good old push-ups (in place of dips) - They're very effective. Lat pull-downs are fine in place of pull-ups until you've build a stronger foundation. Pull-ups done right are actually a very tough exercise, and most people aren't getting nearly the benefit from them that they should be, because they really don't have the strength.
>>
>>37046711
Might be nothing (signal is wrong, she was in a hurry and just wanted to check something, she checked messages but had to go before responding, etc)
Might be that she's not really interested. Not quite sure, considering that you haven't given much other information.

Just ask her about it, you and I can only guess until then. In any case, don't let it bother you too much bro
>>
When I am trying to lose my stomach fat, im exercising (cardio) and dieting.

How hungry should I feel? How do I know I'm burning off fat?
>>
If I lift Bulgarian style for the next couple of months, will I die?
>>
What is the best routine/way of training if I have 4 days a week and an aesthetic/hypertrophy objective?
>>
>>37046924
PHUL maybe
>>
What do you guys think of the effectiveness of strip sets in regards to arm workouts?
>>
>>37046911
I like Dan John's "Even Easier Strength" better. Same results, less stressful on the joints.

>>37046924
Depends on your definition of aesthetics. I prefer upper/lower body splits if I have 4 days available to train.

>>37046963
I think it's very effective for making you completely lose sight of what matters i.e. progressive overload.
It's called an "advanced technique" for a reason. It's something you do when you're already so damn strong that it's just not feasible to keep pushing your strength levels any further (it's not realistic to be curling 100 kg dumbbells). Dropsets/stripsets are sort of a desperate attempt to add some kind of overloading stimulus for advanced guys who can't expect to be able to do it the "normal way".
That's what I think, and that's been my experience.
>>
How the fuck do you get a heavy dumbbell into position for a goblet squat? Tutorials cover form, but not setup. It's awkward as fuck trying to get the weight up and my palms underneath.
>>
File: 3 Day Split.png (58 KB, 1142x755) Image search: [Google]
3 Day Split.png
58 KB, 1142x755
>>37046359
>>37046378
Thanks bros.

Here's my full routine, r8/h8.
>>
>>37047092
Well, you don't. The goblet squat is an outstanding exercise but it's primarily a learning tool/mobility exercise/motor control exercise. When you've nailed the execution, you're ready to move on to different squat variations that are better suited for heavier loading.
There's nothing inherently wrong with doing really heavy goblet squats, of course, other than the simple fact that it is indeed impractical as hell.
>>
>>37047111
>r8/h8.
I cannot even begin to put into words how utterly retarded I think it is that you have no less than 6 exercises that hit your pecs directly while only 3 for your quads. How - HOW - does that make even the slightest bit of sense? It doesn't. It does not.

And no less than 4 fucking different kinds of curls, none of which use a pronated grip. Really?!
Tons of triceps work but not a single overhead variant?

Zero rear delt work. Zero hamstring curls of any kind.

Your exercise selection is total fucking garbage. You can still get results, of course. But it's garbage.
>>
Cut by swimming instead of running? Yes no?
>>
>>37047176
Do whatever you like. Running has been shown to be more stressful due to the impact forces, although this may not necessarily be a problem for you.

Just get your heart rate up. How you do it matters very little.
>>
>>37047201
My left knee tends to start hurting after a while of running, but I never spent extended period of time running and I heard for some people it stops hurting after they get in running shape

I was also swimming for a couple of years in high school so thats another bonus I think
>>
>>37047118
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>37047236
>I heard for some people it stops hurting after they get in running shape
That depends on why it's hurting. If it's just because you're out of shape, then it's going to get better. If it's because you have some kind of imbalance, poor alignment or terrible running technique, then it's only going to get worse.
>>
So I've finally reached one plate when benching, but I have a bad imbalance in that my left arm lags so far behind. How can I fix this?
>>
>>37047296
It's the kind of thing that just needs to sort itself out over time. However, you need to be careful not to try to push more weight than you can actually handle with good form - Otherwise you'll just be ingraining a shitty motor pattern and make it difficult to unlearn the bad habits again. That means that even if you can press 10 more kgs when using your right arm more, don't try to do this. Stick with a weight that you can actually control. Don't try to muscle through it just to look stronger on paper.

It's like with the Deadlift. If your previous best was 160 kg and you then did 170 kg with a rounded back and hitching the weight up, did you really break that PR? Did you really get stronger? The answer is no. You just butchered your technique in order to be able to write a bigger number in your training log. Which is of course stupid.
>>
said this before but
when i was benching my right arm hurt and eventually it popped
so i stopped
i'm new and i don't know "the cues of form"
do i just have bad form or
>>
>>37047391
You're going to have to be more specific.
>>
Why did trappy pick SS over SL on fitsticky? What's actually is the difference between the two?
>>
Best tdee calculator formula/site?
>>
>>37047533
SL is objectively worse than SS desu

>Starting with an empty bar
>On all lifts
>>
>>37047533
>Why did trappy pick SS over SL on fitsticky?
probably because she knows what she's doing

>What's actually is the difference between the two?
the short version one is made by an actual strength coach and the other is a shitty copy made by a marketing guy. SL isn't terrible, but it's a less effective version of SS which makes it completely pointless.
>>
>>37047533
Volume. Personally I don't think SS has enough work sets a week for bench press.

I dislike both programs philosophy towards stalling as well. If you stall as a novice lifter you need to find ways to increase your weekly work volume in order to become stronger. You do not do this by dropping the weight and hoping you will magically be stronger in a week's time.
>>
>>37047573
stop typing about shit you know nothing about
>>
>>37047548
>Doing less than 10 work sets of benchpress a week
>>
>>37047578
Explain to me how you get stronger while reducing weekly work volume.
>>
>>37047600

You're probably wasting your time.

/fit/ tends to have trouble understanding that there's a difference between how you train to have the biggest numbers in three weeks and how you train to have the biggest numbers in three months/a year/etc.
>>
>>37047659
Eventually difficult questions can break through dogmatic responses. I always enjoy seeing the different justifications that crop up while they desperately avoid changing their views.
>>
doing Stronglifts 5x5 and plan to stop and switch to an intermediate routine when I hit 1/2/3/4, or if I plateau.

Is this a reasonable plan?
My mates don't think that's possible
if it is, how long would an estimated time frame be?
I know time will change from person to person but obviously 6 years is too long, 3 months is too short etc

current lifts 5x5 at 77kg 6'0
Squat 55kg
Deadlift 85kg (1x5)
Bench Press 45kg
OHP 30kg
Pendlay row 45kg
>>
>>37046552
bump
>>
>>37046552
I think muay thai is cool af
but then again I own a dragon sculpture
>>
>>37047679

We have no possible way of knowing this. You can probably hit those numbers at the end of SL (or at least rep numbers close enough) if you're willing to gain weight and maybe even if you're not but its frankly its a crapshoot as to how long that takes thanks to all the variables involved.
>>
Will 3x15 squats with low weight make my legs smaller? Or should i do high weight 5x5 i dont want to become a SS victim
>>
>>37047679
You'll probably stall at benchpress first, probably before 70kg (depending how quickly you are gaining weight). When that happens I wouldn't recommend a complete change of program but I would just add another day of benchpress or add a variation like paused bench.

Do this for the big three when you start stalling.

Add front squats
Add sumo deadlift and/or deficit deadlifts
Add incline bench and/or paused bench press

Basically when you stall you need to find ways to add more training volume for that muscle group. Changing rep schemes may help. I broke through a long bench press plateau by benching three ties a week with a 3x8-10, 5x5, and 3x3 rep scheme and adding paused bench.
>>
>>37047713
squat less for smaller legs. It's not that difficult desu
>>
>>37047727

And he also probably will need to address his technique as much as anything: 6'0 and 77kg probably means he's got the deck stacked against him leverage-wise so fixing that becomes really important to staying un-fucked in the shoulders and moving weight.
>>
>>37047747
That's why i recommend paused bench to help teach keeping tight throughout the motion. I wouldn't say 6ft is a massive disadvantage when it comes to bench press, it just takes longer to find the groove where it feels good.
>>
>>37047764

6'0 alone isn't (unless he's super orang-utan mode), but the height coupled with being relatively light suggests he's going to have a huge ROM to contend with and an imperial shitton of shoulder rotation at the bottom. That build is unfortunately much less forgiving of shitty bench technique.

On the plus side, its usually very forgiving of sloppy deadlifting.
>>
how accurate is the strengthstandard website? I just put in my lifts and I wanted to make sure they were right.
>>
Walhalla is the difference between Canditos linear program and his 6 week program? Someone on here told me to do the 6 week one, then move to linear, but they look pretty much the same.
>>
>>37047824
>Walhalla
What*
What the fuck phone
>>
This may sound retarded, but are there any exercises i can do while in a car? Time spend stuck in traffic jams eats straight into gym time for me, unfortunately.

I do stomach vacuums, but are there any others i can try?
>>
>>37044121
Would annihilate your gains, especially when not at gym
>>
>>37047092
It would be better for you to do conventional DB squats right?
>>
File: Snapchat-1110984940528463073.jpg (676 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1110984940528463073.jpg
676 KB, 1440x2560
Saw some 'low test symptoms' pic, can't stop obsessing over my body now. Does this look low test to you? I feel my hips are wide and my torso thin

Should I get my t level tested?
>>
>>37047896
You are thin, yeah. But your body looks nice.
>>
>>37047816
I have a feeling the back squat is low bar and that's why my high bar ATG squats always come up so weak compared to others
>>
>>37047706
understood, I'm glad to know that they are even possible, cheers man

>>37047727
Thanks man, will do, I'm gaining weight fast as fuck, I quit smoking, regained hunger and have moved up from 66kg, that’s why I've started lifting

>>37047783
this may explain why my deadlift is my best lift according to symmetric strength
>>
Would it be better for me to just buy some creatine and BCAAs and mix a scoop of each instead of buying pre?
>>
>>37047157
So I'll add reverse flyes and seated leg curls.

What kind of bi curls are missing? Why do overhead triceps matter when I have all the other exercises? Do you mean I'll have muscle imbalance for the 6-pec vs 3-quad exercises?
>>
>>37047940
To my knowledge, creatine does not have any acute ergogenic effects. In other words, it makes no fucking sense to take it as a "pre-workout" supplement.
BCAA also doesn't really make much of a difference, if any at all, provided you've actually eaten a proper meal at some time during the last couple of hours.

Don't buy the "pre" and don't try to make your own either. It's just the supplement industry fucking you in the ass.

Note that creatine monohydrate is still beneficial, it's just that there's no reason to take it right before training.
>>
>>37047930

Shit I thought you meant symmetric-strength
>>
Upped my weekly mileage running, now I have a mild ache in my left knee. It's sharper and shoots into my shin when I move it after keeping it still for a while, but seems to go away when I use it (e.g. squatting/walking). Haven't tried running on it yet. Do I reduce mileage, take a week off, or both? Will foam rolling help? Pain isn't bad, but I'm worried because I've never had any issues like this before. Advice elsewhere on the internet is vague and useless, and I doubt I can get a referral to a physio for this.
>>
>>37048004
Your exercise selection should reflect the size of the muscle group it's supposed to train. That means you don't do 10 sets for your brachioradialis, but only 2 sets for your erector spinae - Because the erectors are a much larger muscle group and as such needs to be hit harder.

It's cool that you want big pecs, but you still need to train everything in a balanced manner. Your pecs will still get bigger. It's not like doing 6 exercises for the makes them twice as big as doing 3 (If that were the case, why not do 1,000 exercises? Imagine how huge pecs you'd have, huh?).

Big muscle groups need a lot of weight and a lot of sets. Small muscle groups (the biceps aren't that big, for the record) don't need a lot of weight and don't need a lot of sets - although small muscle groups can often be training more frequently, as they recover faster (provided you don't hammer them into the ground with 5 times as many sets as you should).

Muscle imbalances make you look stupid, and further down the road they cause you to lose the ability to perform certain exercises because your mobility goes to shit. You'll start to experience little nagging pains in many places and eventually you'll get injured. Train everything in a balanced manner even if you love the look of big pecs the most.

Regarding training the elbow flexors (that includes the biceps brachii), if you insist on having 4 different exercises for this, at least make sure to include one supinated, one pronated, and one neutral in order to develop all the elbow flexors i.e. get a bigger fucking arm.
The overhead position is the only position that fully stretches the triceps, providing a unique stimulus and hits the long head hard.
>>
>>37048052
>referral to a physio
can't you just walk into their office and make an appointment? they're not surgeons
>>
>>37048073
>can't you just walk into their office and make an appointment?
Physio student here. You can indeed.

>>37048052
I recommend having a competent physio analyze your running, if it's important to you.
>>
>>37048073
>>37048084
Going through the NHS, I need to call a line and convince a call center operator that I need a referral. I did this some time ago with bad shin splints - when I called, I got practically hung up on. I suppose I could go private and pay for one, but I was hoping someone with a similar experience could reassure me.
>>
>>37048134
Nobody can diagnose you across the internet.
>>
>>37048166
Except another runner who has experienced the same thing can make a good crack at it. Tbqh, as a med student I trust other runners more than a physiotherapist
>>
How do I get enough protein on a cut without shakes?

It seems most food high in protein also has a lot of fat and is very calorie dense.
>>
>>37048204
Tuna and chicken.
>>
>>37048198
>as a med student I trust other runners more than a physiotherapist
That's funny, because I trust this fucking plant right here in my window more than I trust the average doc.
>>
>>37047896
you got memed
>>37047940
Pre workouts are only useful if you need stimulants to do work at the gym. The closest I've come to requiring a preworkout was when i used to have a cup of coffee when I worked out in the morning.
>>
>>37048240
Nice plant, where can I buy one?
>>
>>37047111
if you're doing a three day split just do essentially full body. Keep it simple stupid.

Squat twice a week with a squat variation (i reccomend front squat)
Bench three times a week with 2 bench variations
Deadlift once a week
Do two different row variations twice a week.
Accessories for whatever at the end of each workout. May as well do some form of curls 3 days a week, maybe lateral raises, use an ab wheel at the end of every workout.

Hitting each muscle group once a week is not enough. It is infinitely easier to accumulate weekly volume by doing fewer exercises spread over more days. You need to fatigue your muscles multiple times a week.
>>
>>37048204
do you weigh your chicken/protein sources?

I went a few months on the basic idea that 1 breast is 20 grams of protein

when I started weighing them and including my protein from other sources (cheese, mayo, veg, sauces) I realised I was hitting 160-180 grams without shakes anyway

which explained why I was having gross protein shits

Cottage cheese, quark, Milk, eggs, peanut butter, chicken, fish, turkey
>>
I read the sticky but I'd just like some extra advice from others here. I'm a female, I'm 5'6 and weigh 167. BMI is 26-- not healthy. I cut down to 1200 cal a day to lose weight, but today I'm starting strength. Should I still be doing the 1200 cal or should I up my cal because of strength? I know if I don't eat enough I won't make gains.

Pic related, similar body type to mine (I carry a lot of my weight in hips, ass, thighs but my arms are starting to get real flabby-- probably because I'm overweight as fuck) but way more muscular and in better shape. I'd like to achieve this body in the pic. How do I go about this?

Ty
>>
>>37048072
This is a lot of words to say nothing when the actual problem with his programming is that hitting a muscle group once a week is inferior to hitting it multiple times a week.
>>
>>37048382
Aim to lose no more than 1% of your bodyweight a week. Expect slow progress for strength training but make sure you actually put some effort in every workout and you'll see results.

Your first priority is losing the weight, anything on top of that is simply a bonus.
>>
>>37048407
Why only 1% of body weight a week? Curious
>>
>>37048416
anymore and you increase risk of health problems

also you will feel infinitely better and the program will be more sustainable in the long term.
think lifestyle change not diet.
>>
>>37048382
Fuck I need to start eating. 5'7 male at 140lbs
>>
File: 1462446161394.jpg (217 KB, 1145x1149) Image search: [Google]
1462446161394.jpg
217 KB, 1145x1149
I read the sticky but I'd just like some extra advice from others here. I'm a female, I'm 5'6 and weigh 167. BMI is 26-- not healthy. I cut down to 1200 cal a day to lose weight, but today I'm starting strength. Should I still be doing the 1200 cal or should I up my cal because of strength? I know if I don't eat enough I won't make gains.

Pic related, similar body type to mine (I carry a lot of my weight in hips, ass, thighs but my arms are starting to get real flabby-- probably because I'm overweight as fuck) but way more muscular and in better shape. I'd like to achieve this body in the pic. How do I go about this?

Ty-- accidentally deleted post, posting again
>>
>>37048447
Nah man, I was in great shape-- lots of endurance, biking up to 4 hours a day everyday. Was around 140. Life got hectic, stopped biking, started eating a ton. Feels bad. Wouldn't wish the 22 pound weight gain on anyone.
>>
>>37048469
haha oh man...it was a struggle to get to 140. I used to fight at 126lbs when I did martial arts. Before that I was even more skelly in triathlon, swimming. Don't even want to think where my lifetyle would have left me without sport. Skinny enough to wear a dress, probably.
>>
>>37048072
That's some quality posting anon. Thanks a lot.

I wasn't looking for big pecs specifically, just put 4 exercises per muscle group. Dips are kind of a transition-exercise since they hit both pecs and tris.
I'm appending my routine now. Are 4 exs for big muscles and 3 for small ones better that 4/4?
>>
File: Sem Título.png (157 KB, 4420x2144) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título.png
157 KB, 4420x2144
Help me reach my objectives for the day, please.
>>
>>37048446
Do you think that strength is more effective for burning calories/getting lean or cardio/aerobic exercise?

I've read both, so I'm not sure which is true in practice. I was in great shape when I was biking everyday, in terms of endurance and what not-- but I still didn't have much muscle, with the exception of my legs
>>
>>37048416
1% a week ensures you won't be wasting lean muscle mass as you lose weight
>>
>>37048563
Do both to be honest. You'll see a more immediate impact on your TDEE from strength training as a woman but there's no reason not to also do cardiovascular activity. Doing cardio increases your work capacity, which is fairly important as a novice lifter.
>>
>>37042024
How do I get rid of soreness? I'm currently 1 day after workout and I'm sore as fuck. How can I recover faster? I took a hot bath and everything, what else?

Also, any strongmen on /fit/? How did you start?
>>
So I've just began working out again. Doing on hour of cardio HIIT every day save the day of rest. Outside of this I'm doing bodyweight and machine exercises. My current community gym doesn't have free weights which is a bummer but I really just need to loose these extra forty pounds before I worry about pumping iron and gaining big mass back. I'm eating mostly proteins to try to ensure most of what I do loose is fat. I'm very built for not working in four years still so I want to keep my muscle mass on. Was able to crank out 40 slow solid push ups withe weighing 240 lbs so I'm happy with my strength until the extra weight comes off. So what else other than a good diet and staying true to going to the gym would fit recommend for body fat loss? What tricks work for my fellow fitizens?
>>
Can I still hit a caloric deficit eating 4 eggs a day?
>>
>>37048706
You can't lose more than 1.5% bodyweight a week as a male without risking losing lean body mass.

Keep your protein intake high and do whatever resistance training you can.
>>
>>37048717

I don't see why not
>>
>>37048717
I dunno, can you?
>>
>>37048717
I want you to read your question carefully and see if you can figure out why it's a really stupid one.
>>
>>37042024
I'm about to start a job where 5 days a week I will do a lot of walking and the occasional heavy lifting for 8 hours a day. Should I eat extra calories to compensate for the 8 hours of walking or should I not worry about that?
>>
Is there a kettlebell equivalent to SS?
>>
>>37048453
HOw does a girl get those thighs?
>>
I only have access to a dumbbell set with a max of 15kgs/db and at this point I have to do most of my exercises up to 40 times, gym is not an option because I live in the middle of fucking nowhere, how best to proceed?
>>
>>37048629
If you've just started then this is normal, go lighter on your next workout, but keep going consistency is king.

but be aware that you may have injured yourself, if its in a specific area and sharp or unbearable go see a doctor

start by reading the sticky
>>
>>37048791
Work it out as you go along, you weigh yourself regularly right? if you are losing weight after a week or so then up your calories
>>
This one's a long shot but how many days per week should I train the Russian Bear routine, 2 or 3? I have added chins in there as well
>>
>>37048811
bodyweight fitness / calisthenics
>>
>>37048783
He's trynna become a bodybuilder + on a caloric deficit.
It's obvious he a dumbfuck.
>>
>>37048821
Thanks senpai.
>>
Is intra-workout nutrition a meme?
My workouts take up to 2 1/2 hours
Should I just bring a banana?
>>
>>37048805
Not really. Swing around progressively heavier kettlebells like a retard?

Kettlebells are pretty retarded as anything other than an accessory unless you enjoy it and think it's fun.
>>
>>37048812
Nope, it's all over my body, and I've already gotten used to this. It's just that I did a little too much in one session. Nothing torn, nothing damaged, really sore on all muscles I was working out. I'll go lighter, perhaps get a whey drink after working out, that might help. I'm going for pure strength.
>>
>>37048811
Buy a full a full home gym. Or do calisthenics.

I recommend saving for a full home gym though.
>>
>>37048551

Help me, Obi Wan Gainsobi.
>>
>>37048841
Eating after a workout helps with recovery and soreness, but there is no required eating chronology that will make you bigger; your body is adaptive enough to build muscle with food up to 36 hours after stressing them. People get convinced otherwise and feel a burning need to prove what they do is the best way to do things.
>>
>>37048841
If you feel like you need to eat during a long workout you can't really go wrong with a banana. I trained with a guy who used to have a 15 minutes break with a tuna sandwhich but I always thought that was a bit heavy.
>>
>>37048847
Training for strength/aesthetics/hypertrophy is a meme. To be strong you need muscle mass, to be aesthetic you need muscle mass.

If it was your first workout don't sweat it. You'll get doms when you start doing any new movements.
>>
>>37048900
>>37048907
thanks senpaitachi, it's so easy to get reeled into supplement stuff.
Always have to be on the lookout.
>>
which is the best 1rm formula?
>>
>>37048880
i cant read it. your crop is shitty
>>
If you're coming from skinny fat and bulked through the winter and are cutting now, is it possible you can't get rid of the last fat pockets without cardio?
>>
>>37048944
I've always found Epley to be the most accurate for me (except for squats which is always too low) but it varies with different people. If you're using 1rm for programming purposes just make sure you always use the same formula for continuity's sake.

>>37048953
cardio makes cutting easier in my opinion. I don't think it's a requirement though
>>
>>37048453
1200 calories sounds a little low and difficult to maintain for that size. With weight training I would shoot for somewhere around ~1500 calories to lose a pound a week. Women that look like this go heavy on leg workouts.

Squats, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Leg Kickbacks (hip extensions), Weighted Lunges, etc.
You can go to exrx: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html and find exercises with any equipment for any muscle. I would guess she hits legs twice a week and the rest of her body once. SS as a routine is very leg focused as well if you don't want to think up a workout.
>>
File: daredevil-workout-625x883.jpg (100 KB, 625x883) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-workout-625x883.jpg
100 KB, 625x883
>>37042024
i know this is a meme workout n shit, but how much kcal would i burn if i do level II, >5'10 156 lbs
>>
>>37048934
I always thought about it like:

training for strength as just wanting more weight on the bar - overall muscle increase - big 4 lifts

training for aesthetics as more muscle specific - curls for a bigger biceps etc

it all comes down to muscle mass but subtle differences

didn't Zyzz only bench 130kg?
>>
>>37048988
maybe 350 at a push? Pretty difficult to tell.

It's a completely trash workout as you've already identified.
>>
>>37048934
Sure, so I want to build as much muscle mass as possible and to be as strong-working with all of these as best I can. I won't be measuring my size/circumference of my arms and legs, but only with how much I can lift/throw/carry. Strongman training, basically.

Also, what should I do during these days so that I don't drop off? I can't do my usual routine, so what should I do? If I don't do something, I'll get bored and drop in morale. That's fucking bad. Happened before.

Any tips?
>>
>>37048975
Epleys seems to overestimate it for me though.

I mean I smack out 10 deadlifts at 150kg, but can't even get the weight off the floor at 180kg (allegedly 5kg less than my 1rm)
>>
>>37049028
I did the original question, but I'll try to answer with my 2 cents.

This is what they taught us as well, if you want to do strength, do 4-6 repetitions at a killer weight. If you go into aesthetics, just take two beer bottles and do a million reps with those.
>>
>>37049067
it gets more inaccurate for higher reps
>>
>>37049028
Aesthetics is just balancing your muscle mass according to subjective body building standards and keeping a low bf%

Training for 'strength' can mean a couple of things. If you compete in powerlifting then it's about being good at grinding out 1 rep maxes with appropriate form at a certain weight limit. And your training at the elite level is about peaking at certain times and being skillful at hitting those 1RM in competition conditions.

Not many people who compete will actually say they train for strength. The people who say they are training for strength are newbies who want to focus on the big 3 and do a linear progression novice program.

If you are training to be stronger, which pretty much everybody is at some level it all comes down to building muscle. Very few gym rats need to concern themselves with the differences between body builder, strongman and powerlifting training when they lack the muscle mass to do any of them with any proficiency.
>>
>>37049067
>>37049100
This. I usually calculate my 1RM off either 3 or 5 rep sets.
>>
My stomach is all flabby once going from 230 to 175. What can be done about it?
>>
>>37049112
>>37049100
I know you're probably not mathemeticians but do you reckon there is a way of penalising the model for reps over 5?
>>
>>37042024
wanted to guage how popular of an idea this was instead of just going ahead and making a thread about it.....

i have a fuck ton of men's health magazines from like 6-10 years ago. if i took snap shots of like one issue and some of its articles a day (could be useful, cringey, recipes, other shit) would anybody be interested? could make it like a temporary /general/ even.

let me know. thanks!
>>
>>37049030
thank you
>>
>>37049103
PREACH!
>>
When benchpressing, do you have to put your hands on the rings or can you move in a tad more?
>>
>>37049140
If I had them I'd drop them into random related threads as trollbait.

Still would be interested to see them.
>>
>>37049173
move them in

t. someone who used to wrap his middle finger around those rings when benching and never got beyond 80kg after almost a year of lifting as a result.
>>
>>37049173
You will want to find a grip width that ensures your forearms are vertical as you lower the bar. Unless you're a powerlifter, in which case you'll want to take as wide a grip as possible in order to get a shorter stroke.
>>
>>37049173
depends how long your arms are. I have a fairly wide wingspan and have my ring fingers on the rings
>>
>>37049191
I think I have the same issue.

I started thinking about this once I moved my grip in slightly for incline and it felt way more natural for me but was wondering about the carry over
>>
Hey guys quick question,
When I try and do pull-ups I get pain in my clavicle area, feels like a tendon is tight or something, any good stretches or exercises to help with this?
>>
>>37049260
Does it hurt on the eccentric or decentric portion of the lift? Do you get the same pain from rows?

Catch all treatment is roll it with a lacrosse ball, could be something more specific though.
>>
>>37049234
once I changed it up i managed to get to 100kg, though i had to spend a few weeks getting used to it at a lower weight.
>>
>>37049234
how tall are you? what's your arm span?
>>
Is anyone actually capable of doing 5x5 across on bench with their 5 rep max?
>>
File: anyone can make it.jpg (39 KB, 581x268) Image search: [Google]
anyone can make it.jpg
39 KB, 581x268
While doing heavy dumbbell squats, at the bottom of a squat I felt a sharp pinching pain in my lower back along the spine, causing me to have to drop the weight and take a brake. I tried maintaining proper form throughout, but I confess that I'm just getting into squatting, so there may have been a problem there. I also have scoliosis in my lower back, so maybe that is also a problem. It felt like a nerve pain rather than a muscle pain.

1) Has anyone else experienced this?
2) If so, did you find out what caused it?
3) Were you able to fix it/prevent it going forward? How?
>>
>>37049421
nope, I can maybe manage 2 sets of my 5 rep max on a good day.
>>
>>37049490
How long do you rest for in between sets? When I do heavy sets, I rest for a full 3 minutes.
>>
are nuts, specially sunflower seeds, a reasonable source of proteins?
>>
>>37049294
1.75m length

1.60ishm span
>>
>>37049556
they can be very unreasonable if you expect too much from them
>>
>>37045053
Well the reason I asked about the menstruating TDEE is b/c I always find I'm starving the two days before, and then I seem skinnier once the bloating goes down. So I'd believe it!
>>
>>37049556
they aren't complete
I don't know their exact breakdown in terms of amino acids, but you could eat them and thne eat something rich in the amino acid(s) it's lacking and that would form a complete protein (though I don't know how you factor that into calculation 2bh)
>>
>>37049542
It depends how I feel, a minimum of 1 minute 30 if I think I can manage it. A maximum of 5 minutes when I start fatiguing.
>>
>>37049589
I'd say the rings are probably too wide for you then. I have a 184cm span and bench with my fingers on the rings.
>>
>>37049613
>>37049556
Tryptophan
mg

Threonine
mg

Isoleucine
mg

Leucine
mg

Lysine
mg

Methionine
mg

Cystine
mg

Phenylalanine
mg

Tyrosine
mg

Valine
mg

Arginine
mg

Histidine
mg

Alanine
mg

Aspartic acid
mg

Glutamic acid
mg

Glycine
mg

Proline
mg

Serine
mg

actually it seems pretty complete~
>>
Why can't I 3x12 12kg dumbbells, but can easily bench press 60kg 5x5? (Yeal yeah ahahahaha 1pl8 hhahahaha)
>>
how many sets should i do on accessories? 3 or 5?
>>
>>37049283
I'm hurts when I'm hanging, and thanks will roll out my inner pecs to try and help. I think I'm strong enough to do pull-ups but the pain makes me not attempt them. I'll try them after the rolling though.
>>
>>37049696
Until you feel tired. If I do 3 but feel there's more in the tank I'll do another couple of sets.

Gotta accumulate dat der volume.
>>
>>37049659
Dumbell press has your arms move independently. Still, that's weak as fuck though.
>>
>>37049659
because you're weak. Get stronger :^)
>>
>>37049810
So, to raise my arm strength I should be using the same weight and try to go for the full reps, or keep increasing the weight and YOLO it? I absolutely hate curls/arm workout.
>>
>>37049878
What do you think the weak link it? Controlling the weight? Your triceps? Your pecs?

Do the exercise more to get better at it. It's a very simple game we play.
>>
>>37049777
right I'll put 3 as my aim and then an extra one or two if I can be arsed
>>
>>37049893
I believe it to be the non-existant triceps, auschwitz arms, even though I'm 100kg. Funny (or fucking terrifying) enough, I saw a video of Elliot Hulse's talking about arm position (relating to posture and bone makeup) and the spine and I seem to have that shit, which makes it difficult/impossible to get some arm muscle. It terrified me. You know, instead of having the shoulders straight in a rested position, I have them at an angle, pointing forward or whatever. Of course, it could be all bullshit coming from a ball breather.
>>
>>37049949
That sounds like an excuse to me desu. Just lift more and forget about shit like that.
>>
>>37049991
Hope so.
>>
File: 1381781241231.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1381781241231.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>37043080
Also a cardio question. Does it help me to eat more? Am a skelly and never could manage to eat enough. Could this be my ultimate savior of gains?
>>
Is pre-workout a scam? I don't notice any difference between PWO and a cup of coffee
>>
>>37050046
I found cardio increased my appetite when I was a skelly. Obviously make sure you eat more than you burn off doing the cardio though

>>37050074
I think PWO is a scam. If it helps it helps though. Do whatever helps work harder.
>>
File: 1462465460709.jpg (122 KB, 1024x323) Image search: [Google]
1462465460709.jpg
122 KB, 1024x323
What's the proper grip for curls? My wrist always hurts after them, I must be doing it wrong.

Is picture related right? Don't really feel a difference. All the youtube videos never talk about it that I watched.
>>
I had a shitty lifting day yesterday with my squats and deadlifts. It was a struggle and I experienced some aches and pains in my lower back and groin.

However, today after my cardio I finished and started to experience an intense sharp pain in my lower right back when leaning back slightly or shifting positions. I'm going to take the week off of lifting at least, should I see a doctor immediately?
>>
Since my thread got derailed by my op pic, ill ask here. Is doin 4x9 the same as doing 3x12? Obviously other than intensity
>>
Holding barbell/dumbbells for x amount of time (ex 1 minute) is good for gaining what, muscle, strength or both?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.