[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it matter what protein supplement I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Does it matter what protein supplement I get
>>
I say just get one that doesn't make you gag.

On a related note, I got some pea protein today. Will this make me want to die?
>>
nope, just get one with extra bcaas and avoid caseine after a workout
>>
>>37041579
i just got some unflavored pea protein from myprotein. its a ruse, it tastes like peas..
>>
>>37041601
OK so it's all good if I get protein derived from plants because it's cheaper than the whey concentrate
>>
File: 1461488130526.png (706 KB, 592x531) Image search: [Google]
1461488130526.png
706 KB, 592x531
>>37041528
Yes, certain companies practice amino spiking which artificially inflates their protein numbers. Get a reputable brand which has decent flavor. No grocery store brands (Body Fortress, EAS, Muscle Milk etc). Also make sure you check how much sugar they contain.
Here are some recommended companies ON, Universal, and Cellucor.
>>
>>37041642
If you can stomach it I guess.

Today I'll need to drink peas or gritty six star walmart protein. Which is worse?
>>
File: 2016-05-05-10-45-35--322357588.jpg (6 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-05-10-45-35--322357588.jpg
6 KB, 224x224
>>37041664
This is the last one I got
>>
>>37041642
Plant based protein has a very particular taste an some people don't digest it well. If you do get some make sure you get a small container. Also, the amount of protein you get is less in terms of volume. This means you have to use and buy more in order to match what you would have gotten from whey.
>>
>>37041672
Try to drink whey mixed with milk and peanut butter without gagging
>>
>>37041689
Honestly that looks like overpriced Hippy protein. I'm not familiar with NZ protein brands though. If you can, look at stuff on Amazon, Bodybuilding.com, and other mega stores online. In my experience they have the most competitive prices.
>>
>>37041696
Nah I checked on the back and it's like 71g of protein per 100g serving, which is the same as whey
>>
I just eat canned fish, mackerel and sardines for those no-mercurian gains
>>
I just eat greek yogurt
>>
They're all pretty much the same, but some use more filler, some are more careful about ingredient amounts, etc.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

In the old days people used to joke that Jo Weider used to buy up expired cake mix and sell it as mass gainer protein.
>>
>>37041744
Never mind then, good find. Might want to check how much it costs per ounce though to make sure its not overpriced
>>
>>37041664
im looking at cellucor, but im sure it could be applied to all shakes - what is the best thing i can mix it with that wont suck? cinnamon swirl looks good
>>
>>37041843
Honestly what flavor you want to get impacts what recipes you should try. Most major protein companies have a bunch of recipes you can try. For example Cellucor has this recipe for their Cinnamon Swirl flavor: https://www.cellucor.com/blog/amazing-almond--cinnamon-protein-shake
>>
>>37041843
Just chuck some nuts and berries in there, I put some milk powder in to
>>
>>37041843
I got cinnamon swirl and if you make a thick shake from it (with banana, oats, or milk), it tastes amazing. Not so keen on the price though.
>>
>>37042322
Am I the only one who chucks milk powder in there
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.