[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your hang up on perfection and ideals, /fit/? >Be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: xGRcOxy.gif (3 MB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
xGRcOxy.gif
3 MB, 400x270
What's your hang up on perfection and ideals, /fit/?

>Be sophomore in college
>Have 3.5 GPA in nutrition
>On track to graduate a semester early
>Want to go on to medical school
>Want to become competitive BB
>345 squat for 3, DL somewhere between 4 and 5 plates, 245 bench
>Complete focus on self-improvement

It was all great, but...

>Perfectionism breeds depression
>Wake up at 4am with panic attacks
>Can't get laid
>Become socially reclusive
>Miss classes
>Crying all the time and consider suicide

So what do I do?

>Drop friends
>Stop lifting
>Explore psychedelic drugs
>Switch majors
>Got into a fight
>Join BJJ club
>Play instruments badly
>Write that fantasy novel

I graduated a semester late with a science degree with a 3.25 GPA. I'm employable and moderately happy. I have a better than average body and a favorable personality. I wouldn't call myself depressed anymore. That, in and of itself, is worth every choice I made along the way.

Why are you trying to live up to an ideal, /fit/?
>>
>>37038187
All I got from your post is that your friends were a bad thing in your life.
>>
How do I stop caring about living up to expectations and do what I enjoy without feeling that nagging sense of inferiority?
>>
File: 1462378227234.png (154 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1462378227234.png
154 KB, 499x499
>3.5 GPA
>perfectionism and self improvement

LOL
>>
>>37038187
>3.5 GPA
You mean GBP?
>>
>>37038187
>3.5 gpa
>nutrition
>wants to be a doctor
I can understand why your life fell apart.
Glad you're happy at least
>>
>>37038210
I stopped trying to be an ideal and did a bunch of shitty things and was happier for the experience.

>>37038228
Sense of inferiority compared to what/who? You should understand that, as a human being, you can find your calling at age 45 and develop a passion for it at age 50. If you're in your 20s, you have competition that has yet to get their drivers license or have never been a full-time anything. You have people who are "doing better than you" who will commit suicide, overdose on drugs and become the victims of drunk drivers.

That's how I would justify doing what I enjoy.

>>37038246
Touche, familia

>>37038274
Yes
>>
>>37038187
You dumbass. Find something to counter all the perfectionist bull. There's a reason why the “All Work And No Play" phrase exist. Find/do something where you can let loose, where all your worries are out of your mind in the moment. It doesn't matter whether your are good at it or not.

You sound like you got most of your shit together senpai, Good Luck.
>>
>>37038187
I know I will get shit on for saying it, buttfuckit.

>acquire large dose of any psychedelic
>shrooms, mescaline, dmt koolaid, w/e
>go camping
>trip balls
>profit

Seriously, the long lasting (I mean Lifetime) antidepressive effects of large doses of psychedelics is amazing.

It will help you sort out shit you didn't even know was fucked up. Srs.
>>
>>37038771
Acid or mescaline > shrooms. Phenethylamines are better than tryptamines for self-discovery. IMO.
>>
>3.5 gpa
>medical school

anon...

at least you're a sophomore and have time
>>
>>37038802
oh wait you already graduated

lmao rip
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.