[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cannot relax muscles/Constantly tensing body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: anxiety-tension-400x400.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
anxiety-tension-400x400.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
Hello /fit/

Does anybody else have a problem with their muscles constantly being flexed as in you just literally can't relax your muscles? I often realize i've been tensing my abs and shoulders for 6+ hours and I can't relax them anymore.

I've went to get massaged, used sauna etc. but I think it's mostly mental problem or nerves. I've received muscle relaxants to this condition and been to chiropractor as well. Nothing just seems to help, it always comes back after a while. Might it be related to sleeping in a bad pose or something? Lifting helps because usually I can't keep my muscles tensed anymore because I just pumped lots of weight. This will keep me solid for maybe 2 hours to 3 days but after that it just comes back.

My next step is to quit caffeine to see if that helps. Some people get anxious and tense after drinking lots of coffee and I've realized I might have a oversensitivity with caffeine.

Any /fit/ bros with similar problems? My muscles, especially my back and shoulders ache. I just want it to stop ;__;
>>
File: Gluteus Minimus Pattern.jpg (16 KB, 210x288) Image search: [Google]
Gluteus Minimus Pattern.jpg
16 KB, 210x288
Bump
>>
>>37037283
Try meditation, for real. It's probably something mental that's keeping you from relaxing and meditation/mindfulness can almost always help with that kind of thing.
>>
>>37037283
Your problem is:

I M B A L A N C E

Muscle imbalance
>>
>>37037614

But when I'm relaxed I never have muscle stiffness. Once I went 2 weeks without this muscle tightness happening and was really relaxed during this period so it's not about that. I do only compound lifts and used to wrestle for 7 years when I was younger. I do have overly flexible joints, could that cause some problem?
>>
File: One_finger_cup_fingering.png (114 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
One_finger_cup_fingering.png
114 KB, 320x320
Bump for the last time. Anybody else ever experience something like I've explained in my topic?
>>
>>37037283
I tense my abs all the time. It feels uncomfortable to not do it.
>>
>>37037894
it sounds to me like your traps/upper back and erectors are too weak compared to pecs/abs. I had a problem which sounds like yours, it got fixed when i started doing cleans, lowbar squat and started doing OHP over Bench as well as extra rhomboideus work.

Did you lift anything during those two weeks?
>>
>>37037963

Nope I was resting and walking mostly. I'm an electrician so I do lots of work on top of my head. It's hard to keep good form while doing some of my work which causes my back to round etc. I can't quit my job though, it seriously good money and I just got out of school. Also I did my job as usual during those 2 weeks so I don't think it's about that. I'm buying new lifting shoes next week and starting to squat again, been deadlifting mostly.
>>
>>37037996
How much benching/dipping do you do compared to row/pull type of exercises? How often do you press overhead?
ยจ
The reason i ask is because traps/rotators tend to get weak when tired while pecs/front delts/abs tend to get tight as fuck when tired, combined with imbalances it might lead to said problems.
>>
>>37038053

I've mostly been doing pull -lifts. I'm much better in pulling than pushing lifts. I do push/pull routine thrice a week, so twice push once pull and the next week twice pull once push etc. I also change my workouts often and don't use much machines. I OHP press at least once a week. Also my job is pretty much static OHP all day errday. Sometimes I need to push hard in my job as well so I use my pecs many times. Usually I feel most relaxed after doing my push routine in the gym and sometimes I get relaxation from pull -lifts so I can't really locate my problem. If my back hurts, then pull routine is best. If my traps and neck hurt, push routine is best. I'm just gonna start squatting again and doing my same compound lifts I usually do. They hit the whole body so I think it might not be about imbalances that much. I will try to train my traps more, I never isolate them, I usually get them only from deadlifts. Maybe my traps are underdeveloped compared to rest of my body even though I am pretty balanced. I could take a picture for you to evaluate if I'm imbalanced.
>>
>>37038125
I'm afraid my "expertice" ends here, unless it's super obvious it's hard to tell from only a picture. Do you ever strech/roll/massage your pecs/hip flexors?
>>
>>37037283
Is this Flex E Gains?
>>
>>37038241

Well thanks anyway breh.
No, I have to look at massaging those spots. I know my hip flexors and pecs are really tight. I'm gonna try to get them to open, it's really hard and when they are relaxed, so am I.

Thanks for the answers man.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.