[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does your barbell row form look like? Do you lift it from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 570x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 570x393
What does your barbell row form look like? Do you lift it from the ground or just bend over slightly and levitate it?

Also what form is the best?
>>
the power clean form is best.
>>
Back almost parallel to floor, neutral spine, somewhat supinated grip on ez curl bar

Using ez curl bar and sup grip was best fucking decision I've ever made. Just throw more plates on to match the bar weight and I promise you it's the holy grail of rowing setups

Oh and no the weight doesn't touch the floor. Shouldn't really unless you have long arms or are parallel to the floor
>>
>>37035485

wut
>>
>>37035472
whenever I do dumbell rows my spine always hurts like fuck after. How bent should my knees be?
>>
>>37035533

He means when the lowest point of the bar is the middle of your thigh.
>>
>>37035506
>somewhat supinated

What does this even mean? Isn't this either/or?
>>
>>37035472
My back is almost parallel so it's hanging in the air at the low point, knees are bent a bit like in your pic, can't say it's the best but that is how it's generally done, I'll probably switch to chin ups tho, I don't like that strain on the lower back.
>>
bentover row is really a collection of related lifts.

The two I'd suggest incorporating, because they're so different, are yates rows and pendlay rows. yates rows are heavy with elbows in and fairly upright. hit your lower lats and traps hard. Pendlay rows are super strict nearly perp to the floor with a wide grip elbows going out, hits your rear delts and sheeit.
>>
>>37036117
no one does that shit anymore, for obvious reasons. Your best bet is to wear a belt and do yates rows with good form.

That means keeping your back straight and not pumping your legs. You should feel it all in your lats and biceps/triceps. If you can't keep the form then drop the weight.
>>
>>37035905
>ez curl bar

assuming you dont know what this is, it lets you use a diagonal grip so your thumbs point away diagonally with palms ups
>>
>>37035905
We'll take a look at an ez curl bar and you'll see it
>>
>>37036151
>>37036160
Ohhhh a wiggly bar. Yeah cool.
>>
>>37036140
No one does what shit anymore
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.