[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, fat guy here, 5'10 300 lbs. The sticky says to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1460965792110.jpg (388 KB, 1762x2562) Image search: [Google]
1460965792110.jpg
388 KB, 1762x2562
Sup /fit/, fat guy here, 5'10 300 lbs. The sticky says to eat 10-12 times my bodyweight in calories to lose weight, so at the lower estimate of 3000 calories a day, my doctor brother says that is way too much, and my BMR is likely closer to 2500 calories a day, and if I want to lose weight to eat 2000.

Which one is right? Help pls

Pic unrelated
>>
>>37035028

>300lb

i benched your bodyweight 5 times today, feels good.

regarding your question:
it doesent matter, those numbers arent accurate.

You start with 3000 calories a day (you track every calorie you consume) and after 1 week you take your weight again, if you lost weight your going in the right direction, if you lose to much weight, you should reduce the deficit, if you dont lose weight or not enough you increase the deficit and test it for another week.

that is the only accurate option btw. everything else is bullshit.
>>
>>37035028
>eat 10-12 times my bodyweight in calories
This doesn't apply to you. This is for a regular person.
Anyway if you're reasonably active you probably would actually lose weight at 3000 calories.
>>
>>37035028

I'd go with 2500 for a couple of weeks. Record how much weight you've lost and adjust accordingly.
>>
>>37035061
you have to consider that he will initially lose a fuck ton of water weight really fast. so id give it a few weeks before he recalculates. plus hes not lifting so he doesnt really have muscle to lose that he really cares about save his likely big ass calves.

2000 calories is a lot of food if you eat healthy. just eat that until you stall out with the weight loss
>>
>>37035028
I'll get flamed for this, but have a few pieces of chicken, some broccoli, a couple glasses of lean milk, and a carrot twice a day. and... do this. every day. for like 6 months.

Shit will work, and you will be fine.
>>
>>37035028
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>37035028
Use this site, it's the most complete I have found so far (you can compare the different formulas used etc)
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
You BMR is about 2500. That's what your body needs everyday even if you stay in your bed 24/7. But you use a little more than that because you move around, even though I suspect you don't do it much seeing how you're fat and all.

Basically, eat less than 2500 and you will lose weight.
Because you're a fat ass, you can cut more aggressively than otherwise.
For slightly overweight people, cutting aggressively would mean losing a lot of muscle alongside the fat. But for you, because you have so much fat, your body will prioritize fat consumption even more.
Basically, doing a 2000cal/day diet is a good idea, if you don't do sport. If you don't, you can even eat less than that and still be ok, like 1700 or so. I wouldn't recommend going lower than that though.

If you do sport on the other hand, don't go below 2000cal or you will slow down your metabolism which will in turn result in slower fat loss (inb4 /fit/ denying metabolism adaptation to diet).

What I recommend is 2000cal/day with resistance and/or cardio training 3-5 times a week.
If you go all out 5+ times a week pushing yourself etc, you can even eat more than 2000cal/day, but I wouldn't recommend that. It would actually be healthy, but the point is that sudden drastic changes to your lifestyle rarely hold for a long time, and that's what we actually want here.

tl;dr
>2000cal/day with 3-4 days of training (resistance/cardio)
>>
>>37035028

What the fuck nigger.

How do you even eat over 3k calories a day, or am I just a skinnyfag that eats way too little?
>>
>>37035301
Forgot to mention that this is for an aggressive cut. After some time, you will have to start eating more (while still losing wright), otherwise you will fuck your metabolism and become one of these "I do 15h cardio/week and eat 1200cal/day and lose no weight" bitches.

Although these basic bitches exaggerate, there is some truth behind what they say.
>>
>>37035312
My maintenance is over 3500cal, brah.
Gym 3 times a week training for strength with 2 times ~10k run every week.
But yeah, eating 3.5-4k healthy everyday is a pain. I couldn't do it without a 1300cal breakfast.
Also, drinking your calories makes things easier.
>>
File: 1396275947579.jpg (14 KB, 399x470) Image search: [Google]
1396275947579.jpg
14 KB, 399x470
>>37035028
Sauce
>>
>>37035312

I need to eat 4000 kcal in winter, usually, or I shed weight.
>>
File: _45401166_ross_ap226i.jpg (18 KB, 226x170) Image search: [Google]
_45401166_ross_ap226i.jpg
18 KB, 226x170
>>
This thread will not die until I know who this sperm wyrm is
>>
WHO

IS

THIS

JIZZ WIZARD
>>
>>37035028
Lean bodymass, not bodyweight.

Lean bodymass is basically what your body would weigh without any fat on it, SO

So let's say you're 200LBS with 25% bodyfat
200lbs (100%) / 4 = 50lbs (25%)
200-50lbs = 150lbs

You have 150lbs of lean bodymass weighing 200lbs with 25% bodyfat

This 150lbs is what you multiply with 10-12 (1500-1800 calories) which is a lot closer to what you'd expect of a diet of someone who weighs 200lbs (!!)AND LIVES A SEDENTARY LIFESTYLE(!!)
>>
>>37035972
note that the higher your bodyfat% is the less accurate this becomes, this method of calculating the amount of calories you're allowed to eat is fine inside the 10-25% BF range but generally means you'll be severely undereating the higher your BF% is
>>
>>37035301
Vouching for this, former fatty myself
>>
IF I DONT KNOW WHO THE SEMEN DEMON IN OP'S PIC IS BY THE TIME THIS THREAD 404S I WILL BLOW UP A SCHOOL FULL OF WHITE CHILDREN

MY DIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCKKKKKK
>>
>>37036055
Jane Goldman
>>
>>37036055
>what is google image search

being this new
>>
>>37035028
The trick to a real, sustainable diet is to eat the shit that makes you feel full without being 2000k calories a meal.

Veggies
Fresh meat
Cottage cheese
Rice
List could go on. The whole point of eating to to feel full right?
>>
oldfag here, 37 yrs. lost 40 lbs over approx 2.5 yrs and have kept if off for over 2 yrs. fairly low bf now, also pretty strong in the gym. height 5'10", weight 205, waist 33, bench 315, squat 385

most people want to lose fat quick and keep it off, very hard to do. best way is to find a lifestyle and eating habits u can sustain long term. here's what i did (and still do):

high protein / low carb protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch. (w breakfast i'll also have a cup of coffee...light cream, no sugar). in addition to protein, breakfast shake will also have blueberries, strawberries, fiber and sometimes half a banana. afternoon shake is usually just protein mixed in water.

for dinner i eat anything...pizza, burgers, fish, chicken, burritos, pasta, asian foods, etc, and will have a few chocolates or some ice cream for dessert...whatever.

i do the above pretty much 7 days a week. once in a while i'll have a big lunch on the weekend but not every weekend.

in terms of alcohol, i'll have a few beers total during the week and usually at least a few, and possibly a glass or two of whisky, both fri and sat.

i also work out in the gym 5 days/week, 1 hr/day. absolutely no cardio though, never have. my weight loss is not due to the gym however because i've been lifting exactly like that for 10 yrs or so and was heavy (strong/fat) most my life.

following that routine i lost/lose about 1 lb of fat every 2-3 weeks. it doesn't sound like much but in half a yr's time that's 10 lbs...and it's sustainable.

at first u will be hungry after both the breakfast and lunch shakes. after a month or so u won't even want a big breakfast anymore as the shake will fill u up. after a few months you'll feel the same way about lunch. by dinner u will always be very hungry though lol.

yes it takes some getting used to, but how bad do u really want to lose weight?

it's really not that hard at all. just stay the course and the weight will slowly come off and stay off. good luck
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.