[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come to you from Japan the first stop on the train to snapcity.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: ss+(2016-05-04+at+08.52.39).jpg (48 KB, 360x477) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-04+at+08.52.39).jpg
48 KB, 360x477
I come to you from Japan the first stop on the train to snapcity.

Name any piece of equipment in the gym and I will tell you a horrifying tale of it's misuse in the hands of spooky Japanese skeletons.

You know those Asians in the SIR comics? They all go to my gym.

Ask away my friends, I have too many stories to dump them all.
>>
File: 1461497901534.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1461497901534.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
You just gotta post sum mane, start of with your fave
>>
The bench
>>
>>37034612
The dip rack/leg raise rack
>>
>>37034612
Lat pull down and pecdec fly.

I refuse to believe those can be misused.

Also, any funny barbell stories?
>>
>>37034612
give us dem curl stories
>>
>>37034612
pic related, the cables

on the same topic, i saw two dudes chalk the bar yesterday on a 65 lb incline bench
>>
Abdominal roller
>>
File: 1452801042092.jpg (24 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1452801042092.jpg
24 KB, 337x450
>>37034676
This.
>>
>>37034666
My fave has got to be overhearing the barbell club tell their new memeber who is like 5'6" 100 pounds that the key to building muscle is eating more rice. They all think this for some reason. They then proceeded to have him do Deadlifts starting at about knee height with a rounded back all while cheering him on. I thought he was going to die. It was probably about 135lb total and he was just FLINGING the weight up.

>>37034676
Bench is horrific here. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE lifts almost spread eagle like hands nearly touching the plates legs straight out or dangling. The worst though is they keep their wrists parallel to the ground so their whole hand is bent at a 90 degree angle holding the weight. I had to search the gym for the 2 5kg plates to add to my bar because thats what everyone was benching 30kg for maybe 4 reps.

>>37034680
I watched a man put a box underneath the dip rack and proceed to jump off of it to get to the top position then basically go limp to get back to the box. He did this for about 20 minutes straight.

>>37034684
For lat pull down I watched a group of guys lean so far back with their back curled I thought they were going to slide off the seat then proceed to slam the weight down (maybe 25kg) then go limp and let the weight fall back to the top dragging their arms with it.

Pec isn't so bad except people do like 40 reps of 10kg then just leave. The prevailing thought is just "If I workout for long enough my muscles will get bigger" the lack of nutritional information out here is WILD.
>>
>>37034755
>the key to building muscle is eating more rice

this is absolutely true
>>
>>37034755
what the fuck is the barbell club?
>>
>>37034698
Oh man, if you thought curls in the squat rack was bad. Last week I walked in on a group of three people all standing on top of the bench like feet together attempting to curl the bench bar. We have dumbbells and easy curl bars. I have no idea why they were doing this.
>>
>>37034768
I go to uni over here and they're the resident lifting club. I'd probably join but I live far enough away that meeting up all the time would be a pain.

They have some legit dudes but for some reason their deadlifts are all shit. I'm not super huge I'm working on 4pl8 (Just hit 375 since moving here) but I watched one of their bigger members(like 6'2" 220ish) in a compression suit and belt struggle to pull 345 for 3 reps. They also basically just walk around not lifting for most of the time and do curls when people walk by or look at them.
>>
>>37034803
wtf dude japan sounds weird as fuck
>>
Another good one was 2 guys doing squats together but one guy was like 4 inches taller than the other and they didn't adjust the bar height for him. So he was tip toeing the wieght off and on doing 1/4th rep squats and missed the clips, his friend goes to help him by grabbing his friends waist and like pushing up on his arm to try to get the weight back in. I had to jump up and grab the bar and help them re-rack it. I thought the kid was going to die but they just kept going with that set-up.
>>
>>37034718
The thing about Japanese gym goers is they're pretty much the opposite of americans. We don't have fatties, theres literally no space for them. Side note always hilarious watching american fat chicks try to fit around the cramped machines in the gym, theres space for normal to skeleton sized humans not whales.

So anyway most of these guys are bone thin. I'm talking I could literally put my hand around their biceps and my fingers would touch. They seem to think that the remedy for this is to work out not eat more and workout. When they eat more it's normally just more rice since protein is expensive.

For what this has to do with cables it's basically that no one uses them for anything other than tricept pull downs and when they do that they go limp at the bottom of the rep and let the weight drop back down so theres a CONSTANT clanging in the gym from skellies dropping 10kg every 10 seconds.
>>
>>37034720
No one works abs because they already have them from malnutrition. If they do it's only crunches.
>>
>>37034881
are the japanese either extremely shy or extremely arrogant like in the animes?
>>
>>37034905
I'd say more shy than anything else. Guys born here have a really shitty time growing up with tests and stuff all the time so a lot of them are introverted. It's not really like anime I was just shocked at how shitty the lifting form of most people is here.
>>
>>37034923
did you manage to score any japanese girls?
>>
>>37034933
Still here, mostly too busy with my degree to bother. They're boring as dirt in my opinion. For anyone interested being white does give you basically a free pass for pussy though. Won't say I haven't hit a few girls up.
>>
>>37034755
Kinda weird they all suck so much at bench, the japs have lots of great benchers. Might even actually be their strongest lift as a nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43J9_Ed6uJA
>>
>>37034966
I will say that the guys who get into something pretty much any hobby becomes all consuming. It's all they do, you pick like one hobby and thats "your hobby" people will ask you "what is your hobby" and they mean it in the singular sense. So I can see how they'd have some guys crazy good at it.

The people in my gym are mostly younger guys in college who think that just being around weights will give them magic muscle powers or something. The lack of form is beyond insane.
>>
>>37034868
>theres a CONSTANT clanging in the gym from skellies dropping 10kg every 10 seconds.
>>
>>37034937
Nice.
Club sluts or university girls?
Is knowing Japanese a requirement/did it help you?
>>
>>37035019
Knowing Japanese helps but isn't necessary lots of them ask to "learn english" which is code for fuck.

Mostly uni girls I don't like clubbing I'm more of an outdoors guy.
>>
>>37034768
It's like puppy pre school but instead you take your barbell to the park and teach it how to squat
>>
Also people do the weirdest shit on the floor here.

Just today two guys were taking turns jumping up onto a bench press bench then off of it. Then they'd lay on the gym floor do some weird leg stretch thing and like 5 push ups then jump up onto the bench again. I DON'T KNOW WHY.
>>
What do they do with the smith machine, senpai.
>>
>>37035171
Not much, we only have one but most of the worst offenders just do 1/4th rep bench or squats on it again with super wide arms and blatant disregard for physical safety.

This wasn't at my uni gym but I watch an old man at a community fitness center nearly get stuck under a smith bar because he locked the safety too low to slide under the bar but he could life the bar back up to lock it in higher.

I don't go there any more because they didn't have any free weights heavier than 40 pounds. I asked. I was like some sort of shining Adonis to them.
>>
Tell me more about the japs and their physical characteristics compared to the aryan master race desu
>>
>>37035270
Your typical Jap unlike your typical glorious american uber-burger is dangerously underweight and has wrists the size of a poodles leg.

They tend to hunch over from lack of self esteem where americans hunch over because raising the burger to their mouth is too hard.

They eat a well balanced diet consisting of rice rice rice and occasionally some salmon w/rice.

The reasons japs get into lifting are mysterious and unknown they seem to believe that simply being in the gym confers them fitness points like their RPGs. Often they will hang around the unconditioned gym for about 45 minutes doing approximately 7 curls none of which with good form, proclaim "I worked up a good sweat" then leave for a week.

This is in stark contrast to the uber-burger who just doesn't go to the gym because of muh condishuns.
>>
>>37035317
what about their shoulder and hip width?
and natural muscle mass?

and im not american, i come to this board to drink vodka, lift and cheeki breeki
>>
>>37035351
Imagine ivan, the slimest Adidas shoe, that is how slime their shoulders are.

I'd say probably a 0 shoulder hip ratio in some cases. I have no idea about natural muscle mass since they're 95% spooky skeletons.

Slav on u cheeki breeki
>>
>>37035351
Stop beating about the bush, man. If you want to know how long their penises are just ask.
>>
>>37035368
Wow that's really slim, i need to tell my cousin about that one at bowling

>>37035395
Short, i hope
i have an ego to uphold
>>
>>37034831
The country has vending machines with used panties, but not pulling 4pl8 is weird?
>>
How do you like japan
>>
>>37036410
It's pretty good. The food is awesome if a little expensive. The girls are cute. Pretty fun time. Plus I like the language.
>>
At one of the smaller gyms at my uni
I saw a Japanese man in jeans with fingerless gloves do inclined sit ups for more than an hour (was doing them when I arrived, and did them while I left)
>>
The water fountain
>>
>>37035317
I want to go to japan and be the biggest guy in the gym for once
let them mire my sick intermediate strength
>>
File: 4004776-0951248388-tumbl.gif (244 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
4004776-0951248388-tumbl.gif
244 KB, 500x271
>>37034755
>he doesn't think eating rice promotes gains

not gonna make it
>>
>>37036740
Man I went to the public gym here in my tanktop and it was like, being a god to them. They didn't have heavy enough dumbbells I had to use literally all the plates do to DL on the smith machine (no barbells). Not gonna lie it was pretty awesome.

Highly recommended.
>>
>>37034755
depending on the speed that guy using the back sounds like he was too weak and was working on his negatives
>>
Not OP but in Osaka, Japan. At the gym today I saw a skinny guy (maybe 45kg - 55kg) bench. He did 2 sets of 8 with the bar. Just the bar no additional weight.
>>
>>37036916
rack not back. oops
>>
>>37036857
there are 6-8 asian guys/girls at my gym because the company they work at gave them gym passes or some shit
they do the most retarded stuff
>>
>>37036934
so?
>>
>>37036934
I would never shit talk someone doing just the bar shit I started as a skelly doing that too.

What I did though was look up form for hours and practice. What I see at my uni gym is people doing bench with 90 degree wrists spread eagle and they throw the bar all over the place. They do this week after week, thats what fucks me up. They honestly think this is how you do bench.
>>
>>37036801
I love Dragonball, but you can tell by their notions of fitness in that show at least Toriyama and the show creators had no idea about fitness. If not for literal god tier saiyan genetics they would not get stronger.
>>
>>37035113
>Crossuro fito
>>
>>37037011
You don't put on muscle by punching the air?
>>
>>37037037
Oh god, no one better tell these japs about cross fit. It'd be another hiroshima. The snap heard round the world.
>>
>>37037037
One of my buddies from spain is a instructor for cross shit in Tokyo

> he still dyel after years
>But he is surrounded by fine ass jap girls

Life is suffering
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.