[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>First day lifting on keto >FUCK THIS SHIT SUCKS Any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: 1461365536052.png (237 KB, 364x344) Image search: [Google]
1461365536052.png
237 KB, 364x344
>First day lifting on keto
>FUCK THIS SHIT SUCKS

Any tips for energy while on keto?
>>
>>37034388
Not doing keto you fucking illiterate cunt
>>
>>37034388
get off keto,its a meme and unhealthy
>>
>>37034406
Fuck off fatty
>>
>>37034388
eat carbs for energy
keto is meme
>>
File: le abs.jpg (49 KB, 529x419) Image search: [Google]
le abs.jpg
49 KB, 529x419
>>37034409
not fat
>>
>>37034388
Stop doing starvation mode aka "keto"
>>
>>37034388
keto is a meme diet that makes you lose all your gains and health
>>
>>37034419

>abs on a skinny guy are like titts on a fat chick
>ABSOLUTELY FUCKING WORTHLESS
>>
>>37034388
Only way to lift on keto is to stop being a bitch. Pop some BCAA's, creatine and an energy drink and off you go.

Ignore the fagposters, keto is great.
>>
>>37034388
>keto
This year's fad diet claims another victim.

Just do low-carb, only eating complex carbs a few hours before your workout, banana like 30 minutes before, then a simple carb after.
>>
>>37034428
Damage control
>>
>>37034428
lets see you then
>>
>>37034419
Bicep shot or skinny wuss
>>
>>37034442
He's right though, you're dyel as shit
>>
>>37034388
Why don't you do CKD or TKD or whatever
>>
>>37034388
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0
>>
>>37034441
OP here.
Low carb seems pointless without keto.
It's like having anal homosex without catching AIDS
>>
>>37034419
>implying girls share the same opinion as /fit/
>"fuck off fatty
>'fuck off you're skinny

This forum is fucking daft.
>>
>>37034458
you must be a recovering fatty

keto is a meme same results can pe replicated with low carb but you will be happier and can shit more than once a week
>>
>>37034458
Low carb and keto are pointless. Its like feeding your cars gas tank alcohol instead of gas.
>>
File: DSC_0011_cr.jpg (944 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0011_cr.jpg
944 KB, 1440x2560
>>37034446
>inb4 skinny legs
i run triathlons.
>>
>>37034460
>forum
>>
>>37034477
try cycling and swimming too you'l never make it running a triathlon
>>
>>37034491
i swim all winter in the sea once a week,actually.
>>
If you supplement correctly I don’t think its unhealthy as such however unless you have a low degree case of epilepsy or a tumor forming cancer its just not optimal for anything be it fat loss or muscle gain
>>
>>37034477
i run and i still have big legs

squat more
>>
>>37034496
>keto helps tumors
What new memery is this
>>
>>37034517
>squat more
nah no thanks i like my v-taper
>>
>>37034526
Just a meme. It does help epileptic children
>>
>>37034539
you should b ok then
>>
>>37034526
It slows tumor growth by like 10% , its not going to cure you tho senpai
>>
File: 1451621214285.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1451621214285.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
I ate like 100 grams of carbs per day on keto and got lean as fuck desu.
>>
>>37034536
you look good mang and i get keto for actually competing, but while working out go for ordinary diet.
>>
>>37034495
wtf.. why are you asking for advice here, they will hate you because you can do everything they would likr
>>
Check the ketogains website/Facebook groupfor some serious lifting advice on keto. Up your salt and magnesium.
>>
>>37034388
Eat a solid meal with loads of carbs after lifting, it's really the only way.
>>
>>37034388
potassium(it's in salt substitutes) and magnesium. Also drink lots of water.
As for lifting energy,idk might want to check out leddit,keto is primarly a easy way to loose weight but it;s not the most convenient that's why most people eventually go for more manageable lifestyles after loosing most of their weight.
You could try to increase protein intake
>>
uh, stop doing it?
>>
i did keto for two weeks and quit when after 15mins of cutting grass I felt like dying,

I lost weight but nah it's not worth the loss of energy.
>>
>>37034585
huh dont think u know what keto is.

i ate 300 grams of carbs while doing keto herp durp
>>
>>37034388
Eat some carbs.
>>
>>37034388
how long have you been in ketosis?
>>
>>37034470
It's not pointless,it's the best way to loose weight(low carb ). Thing is most of us eat way too many carbs, and people that do excess cardio only do it to burn off all the useless excess carbs that they've been taking in.
There's no reason to go over 100 net carbs or 150 if you're training hard.
>>
>2016
>Keto

when will this meme die?
>>
>>37035592
clap clap clap clap
i agree having lost 5st my self not through "keto"

but then your not in ketosis because u need to eat less than 50g of carbs to be in ketosis
>>
W8 for it
Everything seems shitty for few days then you get the sudden energy boost
I broke bench pr (285>297) 2nd week on keto, also went from 205 to 188 in 3weeks total and stayed at 185 for next 3months

Also i'd advise you against doing it for longer than 3weeks
Best use it as a shock method and don't overdo it (few yearly cycles and thats that)
Buy ketostix to test for ketosis
Gl opee

Also, lol @ phaggots itt who lacked mental strength to finish it and now talking shit
Stay fat
>>
>>37035638
oh your taking a shit well done you enjoy it because u wont be taking many more on keto

meemed
go on keto if u want to shit once a week
>>
>>37035667
>shitting once per week
I agree it's far from healthy or susainable in LONG TERM, but op is looking to lose some fat fast, not to up his shitting game
>>
>>37034585
>100 grams of carbs per day on keto
you just did a low carb diet senpai.
probably never got into may days of ketosis and lost weight simply by your cut.
>>
>>37035701
i have lost over 70lb while shiiting more then once a day
>>
>>37035610
its not a meme so much as its just a fancy word for a carb crash diet. none of these people actually need ketogenesis. if they want to cut carbs so be it but i think they are going about it the wrong way. you should at least set aside one carb load day so the rest of the week you aren't a zombie. either way, its in the sticky: you can eat 2000 calories of oreos, vegetables, or chicken its all the same amount of energy in the end. some people find cutting fats out to be easier, some find cutting out carbs to be easier. neither is a miracle diet. so i suggest just eating at a deficit, get your protein requirement, and enjoy whatever youre eating.
>>
it takes two-three days to get into ketosis so OFCOURSE u'll have no energy. read up on it first
>>
>>37035717
Kudos to you
You gradually reduced caloric intake and managed to lose fat the healthy, correct and sustainable way

However don't try to deny what ketosis can do m8, i could see changes on my body almost daily

Also if i had 70lbs extra, i sure as hell wouldn't do keto
I just use it to cut 15-20lbs tops in -3 weeks, and i think it's most effective when done like that
>>
>>37034388
>Oh I want to get strong and lift every day. >Better put myself on a diet that starves me of the necessary energy.

Your logic is pure OP. Find a different diet. Or eat more avocados.
>>
>>37035801
well lost it through deficit over a year ago and have been maintaining for a long while now

>>37035805
mm fruit that tastes like margerine
>>
>>37034388
you feel like shit because you haven't actually entered ketosis yet, it usually takes 3-7 days to enter ketosis but once you do you'll feel energetic as fuck
>>
its retarded how hostile fit is towards keto and anyone who doesnt stuff their face with sugar and carbs all day long, and anything that offends their sugary drug abuse is a "meme".

ever wondered why americans are so goddamn fucking fat and angry? fucking junkies
>>
>>37035882
lol memed

more like u feel shit because u aint used to it yet
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 217x219) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 217x219
>>37034477
Careful there musselman, I'm surprised you can see your toes with that mountain chiseled chest there.
>>
>>37034388
Either do TKD, this is where you eat some simple carbs about 30 minutes before working out, don't worry, you'll stay in keto after hitting it hard

Option 2, do CKD, do a cheat meal per week, or so. The next day, your workout needs to be extremely long and really hard. Tons of volume to deplete the glycogen. But you'll find the next 4 days or so you have better energy and strength

Option 3, Fat bomb. About an hour before working out, eat some healthy fats. My suggestion is coffee with coconut oil and butter in it, the fats should give you energy enough to workout, you might need longer rests than normal

Option 4, Preworkout, take a bunch of this shit and give yourself a heart attack, my preferred method
>>
>>37034388

>>37034434
^This

Check out the KetoGains sub-forum on reddit. Lots of good information on there about lifting while on keto.

The first 2-3 weeks are going to suck regardless, though. Nom-nom those BCAAs before and after your workouts, take some pre-workout, and consume a shit load of (good) fats throughout the day with at least 1g of protein per pound of lean mass.

>>37035354

^And this. Buy some potassium from GNC or something, and consume a couple cups of chicken broth per day or mix in a couple tspn of salt with a zero carb energy drink (e.g. powerade)

Also, if you're a lazy shit with your hard food diet and keeping track of your macros, vitamins, and minerals intake, I highly recommend ordering some KetoChow (google it)
>>
>>37035882
This could be it too. Keto addaption can take 3 weeks for some people. If your diet is ON FUCKING POINT and you workout hard, you can likely hit it in a week or less
>>
>>37034388
>creatine

I've been on keto too and my lifts have been fine, what are you eating for your diet?

most people on keto just eat high protein, with really shitty fat sources.

imo you should have an avacado with every meal and have a good protein source, fish, whole eggs, steak, chicken. make sure your still hitting your caloric needs and you shouldnt be fucking up on your lifts
>>
eat good fats. avocado, coconut oil, olive oil etc.
also MCT oil for workouts and runs.
>>
>>37034388
Eat carbs. No reason to do keto. Want to lose weight? Eat less.

>>37034428 >>37034446 >>37034460
lmao
>fuck off fatty
>I'm not fat, here's proof
>hurr, everyone can be skinny
bunch of delusional retards
>>
>>37036583
Fit doesnt like actual fit people. Nor do they like vegetables or keto.
just a bunch of fast sassy fucktard nerds "lifting heavy" while stuffing their faces with mcdonalds and donuts.
>>
ITT: sugar addicted diabetics mad at the successful keto diet

KEK. IIFYM guys!!!!
>>
>>37037400
This, partnered with the fact that no one posted a body pic in response. Congrats to the guy that posted the pic you're officially the fittest ITT.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.