[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that legs grow so much faster than your upper body?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1410220120256.jpg (15 KB, 294x424) Image search: [Google]
1410220120256.jpg
15 KB, 294x424
Why is it that legs grow so much faster than your upper body?

I only squat once a week and my legs are becoming disproportionately big compared to my upper body
>>
Because the squat is the best muscle building exercise of all time

The bench press, deadlift and ohp, while all great exercises for upper body, don't even come close to how much mass you can gain from a squat for your lower body
>>
Idk I have diamond calves but a beer gut
>>
>>37034355
compared to a squat for your lower body*
>>
>>37034369
I'm kinda noticing this, finally making some progress with front squats after struggling with back squats for a year, and holy shit my quads are growing, and I barely even do much volume, like 5x3 twice a week. Noob gains but still, very satisfying.
>>
>>37034369
>why do legs grow faster than upper body?

>because leg exercises make your legs grow faster than upper body exercises make your upper body grow
>>
>>37034355
i feel i can put more effort in to my squat than any upper body exercise. with squat i can feel my the blood vessels in my face ready to burst i don't get this with any other excersize
>>
>>37034355
>I only squat once a week and my legs are becoming disproportionately big compared to my upper body
20$ says they're not or you're just fat. Pic to prove me wrong.
>>
>>37034355
You use your legs all day erry day. They carry you, your shit, your lunchtime food baby, water weight, everything. Leg day is just icing on the cake. Your arms, on the other hand, don't get near as much use.
>>
File: 1436230451530.jpg (5 KB, 135x207) Image search: [Google]
1436230451530.jpg
5 KB, 135x207
>>37035141
what if i start crawling around on all fours everywhere?

is this the secret to untold upper body gains?
>>
File: 1449698832516.jpg (25 KB, 307x352) Image search: [Google]
1449698832516.jpg
25 KB, 307x352
>>37035162
>>
>>37034355
Because the human body is designed for it, I guess. We're the only animals that walk upright.
>>
File: Alta-L-m.jpg (390 KB, 670x994) Image search: [Google]
Alta-L-m.jpg
390 KB, 670x994
>>37034355
huh... that's an advert for the bike in the background. Never realised before.
>>
>>37035162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ey06lo_Sw
Not sure bout size but strength gains are guaranteed
>>
>>37034355
Because your lower body contains the largest muscle groups in your body.
>>
don't worry man at least when you have lower body, you got a problem building your your lower body, you got upper lower body, you got the upper body ugl the lower body you uh its hard to build the upper body. if you have the lower body, it's harder to build the upper body, if you have the upper body, it's hard to build lower, so, lower helps

like i said, you have the lower body and you have no upper body you got a problem you got a problem building... wait a minute, you have the upper body and you have no legs, you have the upper body and you have no legs, you got a problem building the legs. you have an upper, you have the lower body, and you dont have the upper body the upper body, it's easier to build.

so if you have the lower body, and you dont have the upper body, it's easier to build the upper body, you have the upper body and and you dont have the legs, you got a problem, building the lower body.

naw you dont understand. you HAVE, the UPPER body, but you dont have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. you got up the dlldldldldlegs on the bottom, it's it's easier to build the top

if you have the lower BODY, it's, if you have the lower body it's easier to build, if you have the lower body well just let me say it, if you have the lower body olower body, it's easier to build the top body, if you have the uh the top body and no legs you got a problem
>>
>>37034644
are you mentally retarded or you don't know how to read?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.