[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I currently rent a small room. I have no garage space or anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: home-fitness-equipment.jpg (247 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
home-fitness-equipment.jpg
247 KB, 1280x960
I currently rent a small room. I have no garage space or anything for a home gym.

What's the bare minimum equipment that you would recommend?
>>
SS & GOMAD tbqh
>>
>>37024254
A gym membership card will take up virtually no space. I recommend you invest in one.
>>
>>37024486
I'd rather just have a few small items at home.
>>
>>37024254
Kettlebell, one of those door pullup bars

or you know, just go to a gym or run up to the local school/park and do callesthetics
>>
>>37024254
instead of renting a small room, why dont you use those storage units that cost $1 a month? just an idea
>>
>>37024503
Then you are on the wrong board friendo
>>
>>37024503
Just go to a gym, anon. Unless you provide us a good reason you can't, it's /thread
>>
>>37024534
Yeah, those $1 a month storage units are everywhere!
>>
>>37024503
>i just want a few small items at home
1 year later
>new thread
>why havent i made any progress
>>
>>37024558
surely cheaper than what OP's renting, plus there's a decent amount of space.
>>
1 bear
>>
If I were living in a small apartment, I'd want:
Kettlebells, pairs of 16kgs, 24kgs, and 32kgs
Pullup and dip station
Ab wheel
Jump rope
...plus perhaps a good pair of running shoes.

You're not going to get huge or super strong, but you will develop a certain degree of strength and heaps of stamina/endurance and generalized fitness. If you just want to get overall fit to enjoy recreational sports and outdoor activities, etc, this will do fine. Reduce your bodyfat levels to around 10-12% or lower and you'll probably look dead smexy too.

Of course... If I were you I'd still want to lift big-ass weight and get really strong. Renting a storage locker to set up a gym sounds awesome. Or just go get a membership somewhere. And save up your little pennies to make a down payment on a house with a spare room or garage.
>>
>>37024254
for full equip id want an adjustable bench usable for barbell bench press and a power rack, a barbell with all weights i need and a pair of adjustable dumbbells, thats evrything you need for main compounds+isolations, the only things really missing are useless machines and dips
>>
>>37024503
listen, all you REALLY need is a pullup bar of, if you cannot get that, a place to do pullups.

To begin, check the basic routine at start bodyweight.com, and lurk around /asp/ (they are more calisthenics focused than /fit/).

Then again, don't be deluded. You can get stronger and ripped, but not really big with bodyweight training. In order to get big (and the joy of eating big that comes with it), you need a gym. Period.
>>
>>37024742
dip belt, push-up bars, something to load plates in (small backpack) for weighted push ups
>>
>>37024893
>>37024893
>the joy of eating big
oh man how i'm glad i finally made it to this point. i was fatasfatass for a long time, got my weight down with DB workout and cardio, then i stopped when i plateaued on those and was too chickenshit to join a gym for muhbarbellgainz. My weight shot back up and I was 260lbs @ 5'11" until last year. I got down as low as I could with diet and cardio (and manual labor) then started lifting. Now I eat like a fatass and have watched the scale creep up with some fat and muscle.

now if only i could afford to eat better quality food all day erryday
>>
>>37024503
Get a squat rack, and a place to do pullups.
You're set for years.
>>
File: homegym.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2336) Image search: [Google]
homegym.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2336
this works for me.
things i am looking for are an additional dumbell an adjustable bench and a few more weights
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.