[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: hamburgers.png (125 KB, 486x306) Image search: [Google]
hamburgers.png
125 KB, 486x306
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Because the previous one is about to 404.
>>
File: deadlift.png (1 MB, 1385x399) Image search: [Google]
deadlift.png
1 MB, 1385x399
I'm a tall guy, and when I deadlift I look more like this kid on the right than Mehdi; pretty bent over and my back almost looks flat rather than at an angle. I hear this isn't really bad, but the problem is I'm afraid I'm stiff legging my deadlift. When I deadlift from the position of the kid on the right, my hips rise maybe an inch and then the pull is pretty much all locked legs.

Here's a video: /watch?v=_MoyqG__PmI

Am I doing this right? Should I correct my form somehow? Thanks.
>>
5'8 131lb grill here. Been on a cut for the last few months and lost 15 pounds. I've decided that I'm ready to start doing weight exercises.
I'm too poor for a gym membership at this point, so it's bodyweight for me for now. I looked up this https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
Will it be okay?
>>
>>37012837
what routine do i do with a 90kg squat, 75kg bench 50kg ohp and 125 kg deadlift (for 5 reps)

i have not gained strength in 2 months since i am cutting, i hope to be done soon and get a new routine.
>>
Ok so this might be retarded but why can't you do what a regular bulker does and eat at maintenance or a little bit above maintenance and then do cardio to burn off 100-400 excess calories while getting enough macros and calories for max strength gains? Am I retarded or what?
>>
Should I cycle 2 week on 1 week off with ECstack or should I just go regularly for 12 weeks?
>>
>>37012865
LOWER
YOUR
HIP
>>
>>37013019
Because burning off the calorie surplus is the same thing as eating at a deficit.
>Am I retarded or what?
A bit.
>>
>>37013019

You need the surplus calories to build muscle at any decent rate (and, since the body isn't super efficient at this sort of thing, you end up with some of those calories stored as fat). If your body instead takes those calories to recover from cardio or whatever, you're not getting the same benefits.

Although cardio is generally a good idea.
>>
>>37013058
>If your body instead takes those calories to recover from cardio or whatever, you're not getting the same benefits.

Ah, I see, I figured maybe you'd still synthesize most of the eaten protein while burning off the excess shit, still maximizing bulk gains but getting a lot less if any fat gain.
>>
>>37012869
It depends on what your goals are.

If you want to get lean and build for aesthetics, those exercises should be fine. If you're building for strength, having weights you can keep track of and increase metrics of is very helpful.

There is no every size fits all work out.
>>
>>37013089

It is kind of confusing.

People are sold a whole bunch of shit promising gains based on protein intake, when the reality is that once you've got a decent protein intake mass gains are largely about overall calories.

But cardio is still a good idea. And you are sort of right about higher food intake making certain things easier - its much easier to get all your micros lined up when you have more room to get them all in.
>>
>>37013125
Aesthetics, really.
I have very, very little interest in strength.
>>
I need to lose 5 pounds in 20 days. I'm making weight for a grappling tournment. What's the easiest way to do this and still keep all my strenghth
>>
File: powerlifting_general.png (582 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
powerlifting_general.png
582 KB, 720x960
Does using fins when swimming significantly increase calories burned?
My swimming cardio session lasts 2 hours, i swim breaststroke combined with dolphin kick using fins. I swim at about 70% of my max, non-stop.

How many calories do i burn per hour? I estimate around 600, but i am not sure.
>>
>>37013198
PSMF.
>>
>>37013209
Idk what that means
>>
>>37013213

Post stress mandatory fap.

>summerfags are here
>>
>>37013176
Then keep up some cardio, burpies, squats, pushups according to a routine that will get you tired and exhausted. Any ol' cookie cutter will work.

The thing that a lot of people don't understand is that if you're muscles aren't feeling it by the end of the work out, you should feel like you cheated yourself. You could have worked harder. That last push up should be the last push up you can physically do. You're already cutting calories. Toning your muscles is just going to help more. You cant go wrong, really.
>>
>>37013203
I want to know about this as well.
I have a mermaid tail coming in the mail soon. I've heard it's really good for burning calories but I don't know if that's true.
>>
>>37013213
Is google a paid service in your country
>>
>>37013198
Lose water weight before the event. Wrestlers do it every event. May not be healthy but it works.
>>
>>37013223
Sweet.
Bless you, anon.
>>
How many minus calories to have per day? I have 30 kg overweight. I have some muscle too though.
>>
>>37013248

15-20% is optimal.
>>
>>37013220
>>37013225
Thanks for the great advice guys
>>
>>37013268
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>37013248

500kcal deficit is the standard, you can go lower if you've done it before and know your body
>>
I am about 50kg over weight, started gyming and diet three weeks ago. My squat is shit compared to things like my OHP, is this just because I am squatting the fat weight too?
>>
Is PPL the best for a e s t h e t i c s ?
>>
I've been lifting for almost 5 months and even though I work hard and go to failure I hardly feel any DOMS anymore, especially in my arms and chest. How do I get it back? It makes me feel like I made progress
>>
>>37013309
I remember doing some paper for myself which had calories for all the foods and I counted the minus calories to myself, I think it was just that -500kcal minus that I counted. Can't find that note anywhere, well have to do it again. Good to know it was about right.
>>
>>37013393

Dont lift for 3+ weeks
>>
>>37013415

Cool, thanks, can't wait till I can start again
>>
>>37012837
what websites do you use to calculate carloies?
>>
>>37013546

Just read the labels on products you buy, it's the best way.

For eggs/veggies it ok to just google it.
>>
>>37012837
Are there any ideal times to work out or does it even matter at all when you do?
>>
Do you really have to eat something every 3 hours? I am used to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.
>>
i saw a bunch of Push/Pull routines in that fit sticky site, and people would put together squat + deadlift in one day and bench + OHP in another day.

Isnt that too hard on the same muscle group? wouldnt doing squat + ohp and bench + deadlifts be more productive?
>>
>>37013591
I meant for daily intakes, like based on your bw. BMR and shit like that.
>>
>>37013599
Ideally is when you have the most energy and the gym isnt too busy to get shit done.
>>
>>37013654
I can count them in one webpage if you let me know your gender, age, height, weight, daily activity, what do you do on a daytime? And how about daily exercise, how many minutes walking, fast walking? How many minutes weight training or running?
>>
>>37013738
Why not just post link, senpai?
>>
>>37013203
>>37013224
Why would something that makes it easier to move increase calorie burn assuming you do the same distance or time?
>>
>>37013626
No, you should not eat every three hours. Thats retarded and you should feel bad for falling for it.
>>
>>37013794
The webpage is not in english and not in public use. It gave me good very results anyway.
>>
>>37013630
Download the app "Progression" and follow it until you get past your noob gains. Then think about how to improve your workout later.
>>
>>37013811
That's what I felt too, I wonder why they talk about it in every weight loss tv program.
>>
>>37013738
170 cm, 80 kg,
sedentary, no job, only school
Lift 4 times a day for maybe 1,5 hours
I walk maybe 30 minutes a day.
Play football maybe 1 a week for 1,5 hours very light, nothing too intense
>>
>>37013833
10/10 times they are selling you meals in some form or another. Pre-made, recipies in their "amazing book" which you now need because you have to eat so many meals, a product to make it easier for you to cook (because you need it since you have to prepare something every three hours) etc
>>
>>37013861
*lift 4 times a week
>>
Where is the "right babe?" meme from?
>>
>>37013861
Still need your age. You lift and walk on the same day? I can't count for football day though.
>>
>>37013861
Oh and need a gender.
>>
>>37013873
Lift 4 times a day, you started to sound like my friend who used steroids :D
>>
>>37013921
>football

found the libtard
>>
Hey there

I'm currently overweight, and while I know food and calorie counting, I need help with what to do in regards to exercise.

I don't have access to a gym or weights, I live in a mostly urban neighborhood with no parks, I'm not sure what I can do exercise-wise that will be effective in helping cut fat and build a better foundation to begin building muscle when I've gotten my fat % down.

Currently I'm 6'0", 245 lbs, 20 years old and male.
Mostly sedentary lifestyle.

My goal is to get down to a good weight for August this year - going into a program for school that requires a more active lifestyle, and eating less / being fit would be helpful, so any tips and help would be appreciated.
>>
6'1" 175lbs trying to gain fat and muscle
I've been following the SS routine, and jog for 15 minutes 3-4 times a week. Is that enough cardio? My diet is down. The lifting is down, but don't know if I'm doing too little, or too much cardio.
>>
>>37013984
Both women and men can play football.
>>
>>37013992
Read sticky. Start doing jumping jacks and push-ups and sit-ups and run in place, do a burpee, and jump up. And MOST IMPORTANTLY, cut out Simple Carbohydrates from your diet. Do not "diet" make it a lifestyle change. No more basic sugary or starchy junk like chips and soda. No more, none.
>>
File: image.png (471 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
471 KB, 1334x750
Is this a decent routine? Trying to move away from my strength training and do a split. I can only do a three day routine though due to my work schedule.
>>
>>37013803
Well, mermaid tails are difficult to swim im, considering that your legs are bound together.
>>
I started a job at a store's garden centre, what activity level does that out me at if I go to the gym 3 times a week, for about an hour each?

My job includes me lugging dirt and boxes up to 100 lbs each.
>>
>>37014061
Yes. The volume day, where you do 5x5s is brutal, though.
>>
>>37014022
>gain weight
>jogging
pick one
in fact, move as little as possible outside the gym.
>>
>>37013861
You forgot to answer so I can't help you.
>>
>>37014097
I've done manual labor for four years after high school. You burn calories but if you don't eat right, you will see zero results.
>>
>>37013884
watch 50 first dates
>>
Anyone has experience/heard of the Kinobody program, I just torrented it. Want to see if it's legit.

If you want it too, just pirate bay kinobody.rar
>>
>>37013370
There is no "best" for anything. There is only adequate stress and adequate recovery.
>>
How do you interact with women? I know the general thumb advice "think with your brain, not dick" and fapping beforehand so you don't think about fucking them constantly, but they're real fucking boring otherwise and I have no idea what to talk about.
Why should I keep up with their uninteresting stories?
>>
>>37014135
Ok. How about calisthenics?
>>
>>37013034
Depends. Do you want a series of small sinus infections or one really big one and adrenal exhaustion to go with your mild weight loss?
>>
File: bodyweight.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
Beginner here, if I decide to follow this bodyweight routine along with the standard lifting routine should I do both of them on the same day or do bodyweight on lifting rest days and vice versa?

Also, is that a bad idea? And what about chin-ups, separate exercise or could it replace pull ups (or maybe alternate)?
>>
Workout Plan for YMCA(swimming+minimal lifting?
Vegan meals for bulking?
>>
Do i have to bulk to be swole?
>>
>>37014205
Weights. Eat. Rest.

Nothing else.
>>
My gf gained weight mostly in her thighs and it looks fucking terrible, she also hates it more than I do.
She's been lifting for a while, making good progress towards heavier lifting, should she add cardio into her routine?

Also she's doing Strong Lifts, at this point she has learned how to lift properly, should she change lifting routines?
>>
>>37014236
Yes.

>>37014230
adequate kcals (gaining 1/2-1 lb per week) + adequate protein (1.2-1.7g/kg lean mass) for bulking.

>>37014220
Consistency is more important than the program for beginners. Make sure you workout your whole body, though.

>>37014247
You can't spot reduce. The routine doesn't matter much. Weight loss is better achieved with calorie restriction.
>>
>>37014195
Well, wasting mbs is better than wasting $. At least you didnt pay for it. I am curious about the cook book though, is that included in the file you have?
>>
How much do you gain while on a bulk? I'm confused b/c when I cut I generally only need to lose about 5-10 pounds total, but I keep reading people who are losing like 20+ pounds on their cut... does that mean you're actually gaining 20 pounds on your bulk? That seems excessive
>>
>>37014271
so would you say a better calorie deficit, keep lifting, and forget about cardio?
>>
Is it bad if you don't count your calories when losing weight?
I eat healthier and less than usual, what are the consequences of not counting calories?
>>
5'10", 275 pound fatty here.

I've lost about 40 pounds since September, and I honestly haven't felt this good in years.

I started just by cutting. But at the end of March, I started going to the gym and more accurately counting my calories, and so I've lost almost 10 pounds during April.

Am I losing weight too quickly?

Also, since I've been overweight since high school, is it inevitable that I'm going to have fucked up skin?
>>
>>37014400
The consequences are just not having an accurate idea of what you're eating.
Keeping count lets you see exactly what you're at, where not tracking it means you can only guess.
It more so helps with knowing when to start cutting down more, as your daily requirement shifts with weight gain and weight loss.
>>
File: arnold-bench-dips.jpg (99 KB, 475x252) Image search: [Google]
arnold-bench-dips.jpg
99 KB, 475x252
So, I wanna add dips (for triceps) to my program, but I'm not confident enough I'll be able to perform them correctly. What's the difference between the "hanging one" to pic related?

Can I just do pic related? I believe it's just as good for triceps, isn't it?
>>
If I'm extremely inflexible, should I stretch the muscle I have for a few weeks before starting to lift and get /fit/?
>>
I've been doing ss for 3 weeks now, and I was wondering what the best biceps exercise would be to add to it? I'm still weak and can only barely do a single pullup/chinup, even though my deadlift/squat/bench have all improved alot since I started.

tl;dr need bicep exercise to add to ss, too weak to do pullups.
>>
>>37013235
I'm willing to do that. Can I lose 5 pounds for sure though?
>>
>>37014594
Pic related is an assisted one. You're not dipping your entire weight.
>>
File: pouring bleach.jpg (1 MB, 1840x2520) Image search: [Google]
pouring bleach.jpg
1 MB, 1840x2520
>>37012837
WHY THE FUCK IS THERE LARGER PEOPLE THAN ME THAT ONLY LIFT 1/2 AS MUCH WEIGHT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
how long should it take some one to do:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 OHP
2x5-8 chinups
>>
>>37014948
Im so glad this questions is in this thread.
Thank you for this unbelievable thought.
Nigger, use your fucking brain
>>
File: Questionmark.png (245 KB, 335x400) Image search: [Google]
Questionmark.png
245 KB, 335x400
Why does this guy look so weird? He's pretty muscular, but something just looks...off.
>>
>>37015223
small traps
>>
>>37013415
>>37013481
Jesus what terrible fucking advice. Don't listen to that retard. It's normal to not feel DOMS after extended lifting because your body adapts. Feeling the bern via lactic acid does not necessarily correlate with muscle growth or how hard you've worked a muscle group.
>>
>>37015223
It's the wrist-chest ratio
>>
>>37015269
He didnt ask how to make better gains, he asked how to get DOMS back. And the advice was spot on for the question asked.
>>
>>37014914
They are probably A) Taller and/or B) Bigger frame
>>
>>37015330
Yes, I understand the context. However, think how counter-intuitive that is... lifting (to make gains why else?) and feeling progress doing that via DOMS. Then taking a month break every time you get DOMS tolerance just to be able to feel like you are doing something.
>>
>>37015349
I come to these threads to answer questions, not question questions padawan.
>>
>>37015380
Stop answering questions literally and blindly and actually answer with good advice. There's my advice for you.
>>
>>37015393
Like Im going to take unsolicited advice from some faggot anon.
>>
Bruhs, why does it taste so good?
>>
Does eating meat have any actual benefit if you already eat fatty fishes like wild salmon and eggs, and take creatine?

I'm considering dropping it, or at least reduce its intake to once per week or something like that, but I don't know if there's anything in meat other animal products are missing.
>>
>>37015331
Im 6'3"
So thats a no
Only 3 people are taller and are kind of bigger but just as strong
>>
I started Starting Strength today and I have some questions.
What is microloading? When you add 2.5 instead of 5 right?
Does this mean you add 2.5 to both sides? Or 5 on both sides?
So when I add to my squat, do I add 5 on both sides or 2.5 each day?
Same thing for my bench. On benching days, should I add 2.5 or 5 on both sides?
How do you know when you've stalled?
>>
>>37015433
>if there's anything in meat other animal products are missing.

There probably is but good luck finding proof either way. If you want to cut down then try it for a few weeks, see how you look, feel and perform then make up your own mind.
>>
>>37015482
yes
1.25 on both sides. youll find most commerical gyms dont have these plates.
for squats you generally add 5 total pounds. 2.5 each side
bench you generally add 5 total. if it gets difficult you can add 2.5 total.
you stall once you cant progress day to day
>>
File: 1345865926175.png (12 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1345865926175.png
12 KB, 191x234
how do I plan my meals? I know what diet i'll need but I don't know how to find recipes/food that can work around it
>>
File: 9083242309454.jpg (605 KB, 2739x2054) Image search: [Google]
9083242309454.jpg
605 KB, 2739x2054
Is it ok to scrape my shins on deadlifts? Does it mean good form, bad form, or not necessarily either?
>>
File: 1407198449648.jpg (94 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1407198449648.jpg
94 KB, 500x667
Is a 315 deadlift for a 135 lb guy good?
>>
>>37015770
Not necessarily either, but most people will scrape their shins to some degree or another.
>>37015851
>135 pound
>guy
Yeah it's good though. Have you ever considered eating?
>>37015684
I mealprep my breakfasts. 1/4 pound of chicken + some carbs. Make 8-10 of them at a time, have them with a glass of milk.
Post-workout shake is easy. Water, whey, banana, honey.
I cook dinner like a normal person.
Latenight I eat oatmeal and eggs, which cook fast and are easy to do.
>>
So I haven't been able to train for the better part of 2 weeks
What should I hit on my first session back?
Should I change up my routine?
>>
>>37012837
sometimes i get random and sudden rage attacks where i will imagine something happening that would piss me off, someone fucking me over in some imaginary scenario, and i will explode and lose my shit in my head. and then it gets physical and start to shake, and even feel my blood sugar go up. if i'm lying down i'll get up and start pacing. does this have to do with blood sugar or something? even when i realize it's happening, it still takes me a little while to wind down.
>>
>>37016049
Doesn't matter what anyone tells you here
Go see a fucking doctor
>>
Is it normal after a cable cross ladder for your shoulder muscles to feel intense pain for about 15 minutes? No other muscle feels a burn like that in the rest of my workout.
>>
>>37014298
Bumpin
>>
So I'm doing a LP program and i failed my 5th rep on my first working set of squats, but made the other 4 sets fine. You bros think I should add weight next time or do the same weight again?
>>
So i got 2 1kg weights, what would be the correct way to use them?
>>
>>37016207
>Go see a fucking doctor
and tell them what? i have uncontrollable bouts of rage? really don't need shit like that in my medical records
>>
>>37016439
Inserting them in your ass, your legs will have more weight on them and therefore you will get larger legs.
>>
>>37016489
>First reply is insert it in your ass
Just what i was expecting, never change /fit/.
>>
I got these little flabs on my armpits that look like pussy lips what are they and how can i get rid of them?
>>
What's too much cardio if I'm trying to lose weight. I'm currently doing 40 min a day 5 days a week. I've lost 60lbs and have another 60 to go. Is it dangerous to do 2x 40 minute sets a day? Or 7 days a week if I have less intense sets? I'm trying to burn more weight.
>>
Guys I fucked up my shoulder doing pull ups and now there's a bump on the left side of my shoulder, there is pain but it's very very very dull, so dull that I just forget about it. I haven't lifted but I'm cutting for summer shredz and cutting without lifting is just going to make me lose my hard earned muscle, so I'm wondering what the hell can I do? All I'm doing right now is squats and I was wondering if I just work out the right side of my body until the injury heals? Like doing one handed rows, bench, dumbbell press etc?
>>
>>37016394
Increase, if you did the other 4 just fine (Meaning your muscles were probably not fully warmed up on the set and after your muscles were fatigued) you should be able to increase.
>>
>>37016696
Sounds like you have the right idea, but dont forget to add one handed deadlifts, one handed power cleans and one handed snatch. Its all about form so you should be able to crank out at least 80% of what you could do with both hands so dont slack off.
>>
I do the same workout every second day.

Squats
Bench
Ohp
Rack Pulls and shrugs
Weighted Chins
Super curl curls
Sc hammer curls
Weighted dips
And lat raises made their way back in there.

Sometimes I fuck around and do arnold curls and normal pullups but that's it. Besides that, everything is 3 sets of 5 besides dips and the curls which are 3 sets of 10 (going to drop weight on bench next workout to get in the hypertrophy range)

I want to include Incline Bench Press in there but I realize that maybe I have to break that up. So my question is, how would I break this up while still getting the benefits?

It's pretty obvious I'm not worried about doing the same exercises two workouts in a row.

Pls respond
>>
File: steamed_hams.jpg (146 KB, 515x476) Image search: [Google]
steamed_hams.jpg
146 KB, 515x476
I'm about to do GOMAD but I don't want to fuck up and just tack on fat. So how do I make sure that I can turn some of the newly found weight into muscle? Also is it worth going GOMAD straight away or should I build up to it?

6"3, 142lbs btw
>>
How good are home cable machines for liftng?
I'm wondering if I can gain a few pounds of muscle from a good diet and the use of a cable machine
>>
>>37012837

Continue to cut to 10% (Which im planning to do...) or bulk

Stats: 127 lb, 5'7 manlet
>>
Is it worth learning dumbbell exercises if all I have access to is 2 12lb hand weights? Should I just do body weight at this point?
>>
>>37016993
127 is light af u need to bulk
>>
>>37016993
127 lbs and 5'7"? Fuck outta here with that BS
>>
>>37017200
>>37017151

i'm serious that I'm 5'7 and 127 lb, but I just want 10% Body fat
>>
>>37014518

Someone answer this please.
>>
>>37012837
If I understand right, calories from fat are better in some ways than calories from carbohydrates-- or if not better exactly, more useful, because you need lipids to live and certain vitamins only dissolve in oily substances.
Is that correct? fat > carbs?
If I have two foods I'm considering eating and they have the same or almost the same calorie content spread between fat and carbs but one has more of it from fat than the other, is the higher-fat food a better choice?
>>
>>37014518
At 2.5 lbs/week that's slightly fast, but not for your weight

>fat since high school
How old are you now? Are you currently 275, or was that your starting weight?

>>37017583
Generally speaking, yes. But it also depends on the foods we're comparing (i.e. bacon vs an apple)
>>
Anyone have opinions on the workout routines on scoobys workshop? Any of them good for aesthetics?
>>
>>37018043
I should mention that I'm hopping off of SS
>>
>>37012837
So is counting calories and macros a thing I do every day now forever, like brushing my teeth or masturbating to overweight Asian women?
>>
>>37012888
nobody ?
>>
I really fucked my back yesterday.
Strangely it wasn't due to deadlifting or squatting, it felt like I pulled something when I simply unracked the barbell for OHPs.
Now there's pain running down from my right shoulder blade down my lats.
Any advice for recovery and preventing this from happening again? I still don't really understand how this happened.
>>
>>37017864
>How old are you now? Are you currently 275, or was that your starting weight?

Currently. I was at 315.

I also have another question: Why am I so shit at deadlifts? I pretty much have the form down for squats, benchpress, OHP, and barbell rows, but for deadlifts, I just can't stop rounding my back.
>>
gym was shut yesterday so I'm doing today and yesterday's workout today, which is a shitload of lifting.

will that even work?
>>
Lowering daily kcals about 30-60 per week depending on weight loss. Is it ok or too much?
>>
>>37019255

Uh, no. That's not how it works.
If I miss a gym day, I make my next workout a full body workout.

>>37019310

Just weigh yourself every monday straight after waking up and taking a piss. Take that weight, recalculate your TDEE and subtract the deficit you're going for.
>>
>>37019102
>preventing this from happening again?
Warm up properly.
>>
as a 5'6 manlet. around what weight would 12% bodyfat be if i didnt lift? (i do)
>>
>>37019681
probably 60 - 65 kgs? only a guess though. Still sounds about right
>>
>>37012837

I'm a fat guy doing SS. At one point it says to add chinups, but it's not possible at my current fitness level. Should I skip until thinner, or are there replacement exercises that I can use similar to chinups, like lateral press machine?
>>
>>37019792
cool thanks. im just looking for a goal weight. im doing that slow noob cut/muscle build. i lose like half a pound a week but im getting stronger. its pretty great
>>
>>37015269
>lactic acid
did you learn this in high school
>>
>>37012837
I only eat one meal per day
Should I have fruits or spinach soup?
>>
http://youtu.be/j57HMjVM7Is
Is this routine any good for a complete beginner?
>>
Are marvel's movies bodies (thor captn america and such) achievable natties? Hard to?
>>
Amino acids good bad?
Started lifting never used supplements before.
>>
I'm in the middle of my routine when weakness comes over me and I realize I didn't eat enough prior. What should I do in this situation? Grit my teeth, try not to faint, and finish the routine as planned? Stop immediately? Something else?
>>
How exactly does "cardio kill gains"? Here Cardio would mean a proper run/row/jog/swim, not supersets or barbell circuits.

I'm confused if it's the simple calories in/out concept or if stress hormones whatnot inhibit it. If the latter, should I do cardio on rest day so that it doesn't inhibit my gain? If it's calories I can just eat more/ use it for a 'mini cut'.
>>
File: 1461940994967.jpg (37 KB, 653x384) Image search: [Google]
1461940994967.jpg
37 KB, 653x384
Obese dyel in my 1st month of SS.
Can someone help me into stretching or explain how a foam roller works? Even with light weights I have a terribly awkward time with the squat and DL. I recently realized that I have tight adductors which keep me from sitting back into the squat with my chest up. And have a lot of trouble coming down reaching the bar with proper form on the DL.

Also, is it ok for nearly all of my vegetable intake(leafy greens, broccoli, celery, carots) to be through shakes? I'm too lazy to steam vegetables with my grilled chicken
>>
>>37020801
cardio kills gains when you dont eat enough to counter the calorie deficit that the cardio generates.
>>
>>37020284
i'll let you in on a secret:
vitamins = VITal AMINo acidS, the amino acids you need to not die.

all the other ones you can synthesize from food you eat.

you don't need to supplement regular amino acids, because your body'll make them from almost everything you eat.
>>
>>37019972
No, it's bullshit. Go to a gym. Do SS, ICF or SL and cardio. /s
>>
>>37020812
vitamins are vital minerals... you retard...
>>
Alright so I have a few questions.

First, does anyone elses weight fluctuate when you lift? For instance mine seems to shoot up about 3 to 5lbs after I lift and get home.

Any reason why that is?

Additionally I'm doing about 35 to 45 mins of cardio a day, in addition to about an hour lifting. I'm still not seeing actually weight decrease in the scale but I'm noticing my arms becoming more vascular, am I on the right track?
>>
Is starvation mode true?

Is 'all bread except the shitty thick whole grain' meme true?

Is it alright to just do cardio if i want to lose around 100lbs and not turn into hulk hogan?
>>
>>37020864
muscle tends to fill with water after a workout... Not significant in the long run
>>
>>37014201

If you find them boring why do you want to interact with them.

Also, not all women are the same. I'm sure there are some that you will find interesting.
>>
>>37014338

Well yes but cardio helps your caloric deficit
>>
>>37015223
Skinny neck
Being musclular everywhere but your neck looks piss.
I'm working on my neck atm. Progress is slow desu fampai
>>
>>37016512

The only point you can have too much is if you're severely fatigued and therefore at greater risk of injury. Push yourself but know your limits
>>
>>37016512
I've got the same routine as you, how long has it taken you to lose your 60? Nice job by the way
>>
>>37014886
does your gym have assisted pull-up/dip machine?

I'm in similar position to you found assisted helps.
Just like your lifts, perfect form and slowly reduce the amount of assistance until you can perform the exercise. I'm aiming for sets of 7 but usually end up failing before that.

Form is harder than you think with these, my dip was way to high initially and my pull-up grip to narrow.
>>
>>37020839 I googled this aswell
early 20th century: from Latin vita ‘life’ + amine, because vitamins were originally thought to contain an amino acid.
>>
If I do front squats, should I still only deadlift for 1x5?
>>
Is it okay to stop doing deadlifts for say a half a year so I can completely focus on squats
>>
>>37021230
how much focus you need man?

If your doing it for good reasons then maybe, but be sure your not trying to avoid something difficult, keep doing DL and eventually you'll boss it.
>>
Guys I was just at the gym and saw a personal coach. Since I was deadlifting I asked him a question whether the grip matters (alternate or normal).
He said it doesn't. I can lift about 10 KG more with alternate grip but I assumed it wouldn't train your forearm muscles right.

He said deadlift usually trains legs so you should do whatever you can lift most with, the grip shouldn't matter.
In that case I asked him that's what squatting is for. He said squatting also trains legs but only certain muscles and I should also do leg press to train other muscles.

Since I'm a beginner (3 weeks of lifting) I'm doing SS. He's rather saying I should train different body parts every second day. (one day only legs, other day back and another day body/arms).

is he correct or spouting bullshit?
>>
>>37021450
He recommends you something people call "brosplit" so basically training only one muscle group a day, which hits them only once per week. Most of /fit/ dislikes it as it is said to be not efficient by some. But do what suits you honestly.
>>
> on my period
> decide to diet
> all unlimited fruit and veggies
lb
> don't restrict, eat when I'm hungry
> can't exceed 900 kcal
> scale hasn't budged
> assume it's pms bloating
once my period is over and I'm not bloated, will I see my results?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (61 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
61 KB, 500x335
>>37021526
You'll see results but only if you squat on your period. Period.
>>
>>37019111
For deadlifts, if you're tall, you're gonna need to drop your hips. I feel like I'm doing a hack squat the first foot or so.

As for your skin, that's a lot of extra weight. If you're still in your early 20s give it time, a lot of it should shrink up, but unfortunately you'll end up with some extra skin.
>>
Will I get similar results from a 3 day per week full body routing as a PPLx2?
>>
What are the best exercises for triceps.

I only have a bench. 50kg barbell. and two 15kg dumbbells.

Ive been doing kickbacks with the db but cant get any more weight.

I heard anon say something about press ups but with your forearms on the floor.

Please help brahs.
>>
>>37021525
It's not a bad idea to do a bro split, but the idea of starting strength is that as a beginner you have high potential for "skill" gains. On this board in the past you'd often see these referred to as CNS (central nervous system) gains, though I don't see that term as much as I used to. Basically, it means that for the first 6-12 weeks of lifting, you won't see a big difference in muscle development, so over fatiguing your muscles is not a huge concern. The majority of the strength you gain will be from learning the correct motions of the lifts, improving your form, and teaching your muscles the right ways to activate during the lifts. High frequency on the "major lifts" that activate many muscles at once is sensible in this period of CNS gains because I helps you to take the best advantage of the period of your body adapting to the new activity.
Think of it like learning your times tables, and practising them lots as a kid, but not needing to practice them anymore as long as you continue to use them somewhat regularly, or learning scales and warm ups on a musical instrument to practice transitions between notes, but spending much less time on those sorts of exercises as you become more proficient with the instrument.
>>
>>37020802
As long as you're eating your veggies, you're good. Try having them raw, in a salad for example, or complementing your other dishes: green onions go well with pork, same goes for cherry tomatoes and omelette. Go lurk /ck/ for a while and ideas will come. You'll get bored of veggie-shakes in about two months, no matter how convenient they are.
>>
>>37021546
Can you be serious, I know about the squatting makes period blood leak maymay.
>>
How bad are bodyweight exercises? I don't want to get a gym membership because they will make me pay for a year if i want a membership til september.
I did some (pretty decent) routine for a few months now and went up from ~140 to ~155, but I feel like progression is slowing down way too fast now, because I can already do the simple exercises (dips, diamond pushups, close grip pullup) and now the exercises are only getting more stupid.
Obviously bodyweight isn't as good as gains but with a good motivation+diet can I still make at least decent gains with it?
>>
i cant do pull ups. which other things can i do just with my body (i dont go to a gym) to be able to do pull ups?
>>
>>37021916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
http://scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/
>>
>>37021659
I wish I could help you but I don't really know anything about women.
>>
>>37012888
>i have not gained strength in 2 months since i am cutting

>Cutting

Do a routine where you're eating food.
>>
File: large-1.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
large-1.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>37022029
I understand, breh
>>
File: 1340633461947.png (11 KB, 170x205) Image search: [Google]
1340633461947.png
11 KB, 170x205
what's the consensus of alcohol?
>>
>>37022002
thanks
>>
>>37022118
It lowers test, causes bad sleep and consist of empty calories.
>>
>>37016820
>Guys I fucked up my shoulder doing pull ups and now there's a bump on the left side of my shoulder, there is pain but it's very very very dull, so dull that I just forget about it. I haven't lifted but I'm cutting for summer shredz and cutting without lifting is just going to make me lose my hard earned muscle, so I'm wondering what the hell can I do? All I'm doing right now is squats and I was wondering if I just work out the right side of my body until the injury heals? Like doing one handed rows, bench, dumbbell press etc?
Thanks mofo...
>>
>>37022070
why would i do that when i want to lose fat ?

i was talking for when i stop cutting.
>>
How do I know/find out the calories in myfitnesspal of custom meals that I may not even know what the fuck they have inside? For example, francesinha (which has a million variations+sauce, shepherd's pie, red lentils with a million different vegetables and sauces)
No, preparing all my meals is not an option.
>>
File: effects.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
effects.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
How do I go about increasing my natural testosterone levels, without resorting to steroids?
>>
File: peace-at-last.png (486 KB, 1013x619) Image search: [Google]
peace-at-last.png
486 KB, 1013x619
Buttwink serious problem or okay at some point?
>>
What are some good ways to improve flexibility? I feel like I'm not squatting deep enough
>>
>>37022624

Then just understand you can't super accurately count those calories. Either quit eating it or deal with it and guess. Guess high if cutting and low if bulking
>>
I used to dabble with cocaine while I was in university (Friday nights for a year). Should I be worried about too high exertion? Should I avoid products like pre workout?

>inb4 degenerate

I'm fully aware how fucking stupid I was. Been clean for over two years now.
>>
So can you guys tell me if I got the basics right?
>Bulking phase = eat healthy PLUS eat much PLUS weights
>Cutting phase = eat healthy MINUS carbs PLUS exercise PLUS cardio
>>
>>37022825
Don't want to be super accurate, just wanted to know how you people eyeball it.
>>
>>37022958
anti-carb cutting is a meme, it works for some but its really not necessary, just lower calories and eat healthy
>>
>>37022958
No. You need carbs even while cutting. Carbs are fuel and have synergy with protein.
>>
>>37020808
But if you don't have said calory deficits how are you going to burn fat as wanted?
>>
Sometimes I eat so much food I end up coughing some out. Should I cool down with my bulk?
>>
>>37023003
So I keep doing the same exercise routine, but eat a bit less in general and add more cardio?
>>
>>37022958

Yes

>>37023001
No
>>
I am 118kg/260lbs with around 30% body fat. My goal is to get down to 90kg/199lbs. My height is 6'1.

I HATE exercising so I'll go just with diet for now. Is 1600 calories/day too risky? Please advise me, I am just 18.
>>
>>37023075
Bingo. Get your TDEE and eat 500kcal less. Adjust every 5 kgs lost, I think. Myfitnesspal really helps.
Also, up your protein intake overall and lower the carbs on rest days, but keep the daily calorie intake (you know, your tdee minus 500kcal).
>>
File: 1460436285210.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460436285210.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
>>37012837

If you are on noporn is it considered cheating to fap to pictures of girls in bikinis, underwear, etc.?
>>
>>37023288
Yes, and you're also retarded.
>>
>>37023288
of fucking course you goddamn braindead idiot.
>>
>>37021570
>weighted dips
>lying tricep extensions

>>37023100
Start with 1900. That's about 2lbs/week for you. Every 10lbs you lose lower it by 100 until you get to 1500. Don't go lower than that or you'll become tired and cranky and fail.
>>
>>37012837
I'm going to start cutting soon and I'm thinking of also doing a lot less weightlifting and a lot more cardio. Is that a good idea?
>>
I benched yesterday.
I dont know if my shoulders hurt or if it's just sore from being worked it.
Does benching work out the front shoulder?
It doesn't hurt.
>>
>>37023370
>is it a good idea
If you want to lose much of your precious gains, it's an awesome idea
>>
>>37023380
Yes, bench works your anterior deltoid, triceps, and pectorals
>>
>>37021450
>10kgs more

I was trying to double overhand 330 and it kept slipping out. With mixed I was hoisting it up pretty easily. Though mixed scares the shit out of me and I'll probably just get straps
>>
>>37012837
lads, what are good flavours from myprotein?
>>
How does this sound for an alternative to cheat days on a cut:

Once a week instead of eating junk food or a junk cheat meal, just have a paleo-esque day. I can eat as much veg and meats as I want. It would be difficult for me to exceed my calorie deficit plus, just knowing that I'm unrestricted would set my mind at ease. What does fit think? Anyone try something similar?
>>
I'm a skinny dude, but i have wide hipebones and wide shoulderbones. If I squat alot and get huge quads, is it going to make my hips look bigger in comparison to my body or smaller?
>>
Getting down from 100kg using myfitnesspal (and as such, it's making me eat 2200 kcal +-, which should be below maintenance). Can I still build muscle, as long as I get my macros high (120 protein), or am I fucked by the deficit?
>>
>>37024369
Should be fine. I would suggest limiting cheat meals to every other week though.

>>37024498
Squats make your legs big, not your hips. Deads thicken your core/obliques

>>37024509
Newb gains will be had and some recomp will happen, but it will get harder and harder to break plateaus

>>37024220
I've never shopped with them, but my favorite is ON, usually vanilla, but sometimes chocolate if I want a break
>>
How can i get my elbows to stop hurting and get my body to stop feeling like im always going to pull a muscle?
Also best way to get back into running? Used to run 3-5 miles every day or every other day now i can barely do 1.5
>>
How do you enter lentils+peas on myfitnesspal? Seperate entries? Ignore the peas? How the fuck to you turn it all to cups instead of grams?
>>
Arms before or after chest or 1 full exercise of each alternated (bench, curls, incline bench, hammer)
Also, how many exercises per muscle group for mass? Surely just 3 sets of bench press wont make it grow.
>>
>>37024663
>elbows
If it's from an injury, there might not be much you can do. There are sups that are supposed to help with joint pain, but I don't know anything about them.
>going to pull a muscle
Stretch/yoga.
>getting back into running
Slowly. Try the couch to 5k website (c25k), they have routines

>>37024753
Get a small digital scale. Seriously. They're not that expensive and they will save you a ton of fretting.
>>
>>37024801
But I have cups (measuring cups). Why not use those?
>>
I got a fat ass for a guy. I don't want this. Build my hamstrings to make it appear smaller or just keep working on cutting?
>>
When did you all gain your last few inches?

Height or penis, answer how you wish.
>>
>>37024633
Would those paleo days count as cheat days? Or are u referring to real cheat meals?

Example
Paleo day once a week
Cheat meal once every 2 weeks
>>
What does natty mean?
>>
Got a challenge for you:

Get me 1 whole day of meals totaling at least 120 g protein...While staying under 1900kcal
>>
>>37025017
is this supposed to be hard?

i do 120 brotein and 1000 cals in 1 meal. just eat chicken breast and brocolli.
>>
I am fat, never been this fat before. About 300 lbs or more. I have stretchmarks on my belly and the back of my hips. Does this mean I will end up with a lot of loose skin? My main question is, what can I do to lose it? I can count calories but I can't really move my body much as jogging hurts my knees and exhausts me fast. I also can't work out my full body at the gym because of several minor injuries and general stiffness. Would a daily walk(at a slow pace) do anything for weightloss?
>>
>>37025040
Eating just 1 meal is gay as fuck.
Try again.
>>
I've been running 30min/day 7/week and eating 1200 cal. I will continue to do so until I stop being chubbyfat. No gym for now because reasons.

What will happen to my body? Will I become a skelly skeletor or does the cardio give me some muscles?
>>
>>37025068
What about swimming? If you can get past a confidence issue and not worry about what others think, you could burn quite a bit. Technique will improve over time. Worth a try anon
>>
256lbs 5'9 M.
Was 272lbs a month and a half ago.
Currently excersising and lifting 3-4 times a week.
Try to eat chicken, baked potato everyday with Lots of water, currently no veggies and having carnation breakfast drinks.

Is it possible to maintain a weight loss on this? Or should I just eat some veggies with dinner and something else in the morning?
>>
What's the best routine to hit a 1234 as fast as possible?

I can train 6 days/week for this

I'm at 1123 now more or less
>>
>>37025101
yeah I forgot to mention that. I don't want to swim. I already had confidence issues before but now I look really ugly as well. Already hard to walk outside when there's other people around.
>>
>>37025101
what about rowing? I got a rowing machine, it's just about getting it out and forcing myself to use it.
>>
I'm homegym with dumbbells only, sometimes I lose motivation when I don't finish a set and I skip doing a third and sometimes even a second set. Is it better to do for example 6/4/1 rather than get demotivated and just do 6/0/0?
>>
>>37024792
Do chest first or alternate. Won't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. The important thing is to keep driving your numbers up.

>how many exercises per muscle group for mass?
As a rule, the more work you can do, the better your results will be. However, there's a point of diminishing returns, meaning that after the first couple of sets you get less and less out of every extra set you do. That means that doing e.g. 300% as much work might only give you 150% as good gains.
Also, there's the question of recovery. Everything you do in the gym has a "cost" in terms of recovery. If your performance isn't improving that means you aren't recovering (generally speaking) and the result is zero gains. You could say that doing only a single set of just one exercise but being able to recover and improve will deliver greater results than doing a million sets of every exercise but not being able to improve. So it's really a matter of finding the balance.

>>37024836
Get leaner and the fat ass will go away.

>>37025011
Natural. What exactly that entails is defined different by different people. Popular opinion is that if you use any sort of synthetic hormones, you are no longer "natty".

>>37025085
>does the cardio give me some muscles?
Not really, no.
In all honestly, exercise is good but just running is a terrible approach if the aim is to look good naked.

>>37025146
There are no "best routines". And impatience is the gains goblin. Just put in the work and be happy when you get there.
>>
>>37024857
i grew very slowly to 5'7'' until i was 18
then i started getting /fit/ and height gains commenced
few days away from 19th birthday i'm almost 5'11'' and i think i haven't stopped yet

i have an average dick though
>>
File: 1460886076703.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1083) Image search: [Google]
1460886076703.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1083
>>37022706
Fix it before you fuck your shit up, see Alan Thrall videos on squatting.
>>37022793
Dynamic and static stretching.
>>37022868
Ask your doctor, mate.
>>37024792
For how long are you working out? Always do chest before arms and squats before deadlifts.
>>37024836
Post boipussi :3.
>>37025011
Natty is a steroid that amplifies muscle growth.
>>37025146
SL 5x5 perhaps? Dunno.
>>37025183
Obviously?
>>
>>37025068
Yoga. /fit/ makes fun of it but it can work up a real sweat if you're not used to it. There's tons of free programs and videos online, and I believe there's even a website dedicated to doing yoga with obesity.
>>
>>37025183
>Is it better to do for example 6/4/1 rather than get demotivated and just do 6/0/0?
Way better. If you're having trouble pushing yourself, it might also be better to terminate the sets sooner in order to have enough energy to do more sets instead.
It's OK to have a sloppy workout every now and then, just as long as you're still slowly improving over time.
Consider finding a way to train that suits your temper.
>>
>>37025199
lad I am incredibly stiff and the fat doesn't help.
>>
>>37025185
What about just swimming, pull ups, and ab workout to look good naked? End goal: a six pack and a somewhat decent upper body with definition all around :)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.