[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to board press today >walk into gym with my 2x4's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 3-Board-Press.jpg (77 KB, 347x400) Image search: [Google]
3-Board-Press.jpg
77 KB, 347x400
>decide to board press today
>walk into gym with my 2x4's
>staff and everyone at the gym are all side eyeing me
>set up and secure the boards around my chest
>just as im about to do my first rep, a staff member comes over and tells me i can't do that
>explain its a proper exercise
>he asks me to leave
>get up and walk out in anger
>hear people snickering and one person says "does he think he's building a house or something"
>end up crying in my car
>have to find a new gym

why the fuck are powerlifters discriminated against so much?
>>
>>36990286
Sounds like you got meme'd on. In what way is restricting movement on bench beneficial?
>>
File: 062254067165021.gif (413 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
062254067165021.gif
413 KB, 480x272
>>
>>36990808
its so that they know how far to arch so they can move the weight as little as possible and tell people they can bench 315
>>
>>36991094
Sick burn
>>
>>36990808

If you benched enough you'd know.
>>
>>36991094

Sort of. I've also seen a coach teach it as part of a method to increase your bench. Every other day of the week you work on a different ROM for bench
>>
File: full rom.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
full rom.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>36991116
>>36991100
>powerlifting
>>
>>36991116

No what I mean is one day they'll do close grip. One day wide grip. One day they'll do reps off the chest. The next day theyll do reps halfway down. Helps to build up and isolate muscle groups that are lagging behind.
>>
>>36991124
wow, his face got red faster than triggypuff
>>
>>36991124
Just wow
>>
>>36991124

I meant this >>36991136
for you
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.