[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you only look at calories and macros and ignore the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 625x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 625x1000
How many of you only look at calories and macros and ignore the rest (i.e. Sodium, cholesterol, sugar, ingredients)

Y'all are gonna have some nice af current results but some serious health problems down the road
>>
>>36990092
>limit 5 per customer
>>
File: 1390002221831.jpg (56 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1390002221831.jpg
56 KB, 300x392
>cholesterol
>bad
>>
>tfw can't cook
>literally all my food is take-out (burger places like mcdonald's and some chinese food)
>all that sodium
>been like this for at least 3 years
>blood pressure is fine last time i checked (september)
what do?
>>
>>36990115
i was wtf.. 5
>>
>>36990167
But OP never said cholesterol was bad, you fucking idiot. He merely suggested you should watch your cholesterol intake.

But you were just dying to post that meme, weren't you
>>
>>36990167
Not bad, but something that needs attention
>>
You sound like my overweight, pack a day buddy trying to educate me on why pickles are bad because they have a lot of salt
>>
>>36990176
>tfw can't cook
how? all you do is
>look up recipe
>get ingredients
>follow recipe

besides, sides like vegetables, rice, potatoes, etc. are microwavable now. You can cook you're just too lazy to, even though it takes close to no effort
>>
>>36990191
>>36990192
"Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for overconsumption."

now piss off
>>
>le sodium meme

just drink more water
>>
>>36990213
>my fat smoker friend tries to give ME health advice
>reassure me that i'm not damaging my body by ingesting too much sodium /fit/

shh
>>
>>36990092
I kinda watch what mfp tracks, vitamin-wise. I'm going to start taking some potassium since I'm somehow consistently low on that.

I make an effort to avoid added sugar (and generally come in below my daily allowance) and try to choose lower sodium foods when there's an option, but don't track salt used when I cook or season food.

I figure that even half paying attention to it is better than before. I also drink more water now so I'm not too concerned.
>>
>>36990328
Most rational response yet in all honesty. Some of you are fucking delusional
>>
I avoid processed foods (and as a result eat very little sugar), I eat little meat and no processed meat at all and I have a low carb, high protein, high fat diet. Looking at the change in Japan before and after Western diets took hold it is truly alarming how much the occurences of heart disease and cancer skyrocketed. People are killing themselves, slowly but steadily. If we were all to eat and live healthy we could probably reach the age of 100 no problem.
>>
>>36990115
>>36990186

>foreveralone.jpg
>>
>>36990254
Water is not sodium's kryptonite, it doesn't just cancel out when you drink water. Sodium does a bunch of other terrible shit to your body that water cannot compensate for
>>
>>36990835
I should clarify the sodium in unhealthy foods like fast, restaurant, etc. Naturally occurring is obviously a different story
>>
>>36990857
Tell me more
>>
>>36990176
What do you mean can't cook? Do you not have any arms? Anyone can cook a recipe is literally step by step instructions
>>
>>36990092
In all seriousness, is this promotion real?
>>
>>36990115
>5 per customer
This is the most American thing ever
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.