[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've recently been trying my hand at javascript canvase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
I've recently been trying my hand at javascript canvases so I made a website that let's you see the amount of essential micronutrients in a food relative to your daily RDA. I haven't been working on it long, but I'm starting to get burned out and would like to see at least some use out of it now that it's at least semi-functional http://nutricharter.xyz
>>
Bump damn it.
>>
File: iranian girl.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
iranian girl.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
nigga what the fuck is the y axis on that bar graph
>>
>>36989372
No y-axis yet, but it's percent of your RDA. The red line is 100%.. but since that's what sticks out to you most, that'll be changed in the next patch.
>>
>>36989235
where are you getting your data and how accurate is that data?
>>
>>36989547
Right now I'm mining it from nutritiondata.self.com. I'm eventually going to change to a nutrition composition database and you'll have to search for the food.

As for the RDAs, wikipedia.
>>
File: cara_pensive.jpg (56 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
cara_pensive.jpg
56 KB, 600x550
Overall good idea, shit execution so far
>literal garbage on mobile thanks to fucking Bootstrap
>wasting bandwith on Bootstrap
>putting a picture of a fucking salad in the background
>not sourcing nutrient goals for weight/sex
>not using USDA nutrient database so you have more than 20 fucking foods
>increments of 10 g for each food, no textbox
>JUST
>>
File: smug jude.jpg (166 KB, 1200x1156) Image search: [Google]
smug jude.jpg
166 KB, 1200x1156
>>36989589
>"mining"
>copy pasted 2 dozen nutrition data facts from self.com

I wasted 35kb of data for this
>>
Op bout to be a millionaire mang
>>
seriosuly OP, fix this >>36989599 shit and report back. Shouldn't take you more than like 10 days if you're even mildly competent
>>
>>36989599
What do you mean by sourcing nutrient goals for weight/sex?

80% of the other stuff you listed is on my to-do list, I'm just using this as an oppurtunity to arrange that to-do list.
>>
>>36989641
Actually, it should take me about 3-4 days, but I need like 1 day rest.

>>36989614
Haha, no... there's a nutrientData object on every list I basically console.logged the necessary parts.
>>
>>36989235
This is pointless dude. There's a ton of variation in the vitamin contents of food based on growing conditions and preparation. Those numbers you see online are just averages to give to give you a rough estimate. Just eat a variety of whole foods and that's all you need.
>>
>>36989704
I know, I wouldn't say it's pointless though.
>>
>>36989669
meaning how did you arrive at those numbers but you answered that here >>36989589

ppl will wonder where you got it, so just put that in there somewhere
>>
>>36989704
Then you could use the tool to give an "average" indication. It can still serve as a basic indicator.

I'd like to see ranges on it though. Since the data are averages, there should really be something simple like a range 2 standard deviations wide (one in each direction).
>>
>>36989793
That's a good idea, but it might be impossible since nutrient composition databases most likely don't contain that info.
>>
>>36989827
then you should seek out whatever source these databases are relying on. Somewhere someone did the actual measurement and if it's a legitimate source they will have report deviation.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.