[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
Guys,
>be me
>Can't get a job
>didn't study for my finals
>studying shitty degree
>squatting
>eating oats

Right now I want to quit, I want to stop eating my fucking oats, go out to a friend's house and start eating pizza while smoking pot forever.

My gf doens't even help me to stay on track.

Could you guys please motivate me to keep going? Been watching a few videos about lifting but it isn't helping that much.

So I guess:
>ITT: we motivate each other
>>
Is it your gf's responsibility to keep you on track? Hell no. She'll leave you with that mentality. Get your shit together and start studying. It's not too late to study.
>>
>make motivation thread
>post image of dead drug addict

Real motivational.
>>
>>36988828
so quit, faggot

lol @ motivation, just fucking do what you're supposed to do
>>
What helped me was to read a lot of philosophy books. Helped me to think about things differently. Also make sure you keep up the physical activity. it humbles you. If you have a place to do yard work, do it. Help out your mom, or siblings, or relatives, or friends. Nothing better than looking at a project, figuring out how you are going to do it, putting in the man hours, getting it done, and feeling accomplished at the end as you drink the beer you earned.
>>
>>36988840
Will start studying right now, thanks.
>>36988847
And im seeking motivation in a forum full of anime boys that are on roids.
>>
>>36988869
I feel like a manchild, so maybe reading a few philosophy books could work. Any special reccomendation?
>>
>>36988907
Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis is an interesting book written from the perspective of a demon. He writes letters to an apprentice demon on how to corrupt humans. It covers sins in an interesting way. Im not religious and its still a great read.

Currently reading meditations by marcus aurelius. Its a bit of a tough read depending on the translation you get but there are a few gems in it.

Friend loaned me a book called king warrior magician lover. I didnt really connect with it as well as i hoped but its still an interesting read. It covers the 4 male archetypes and how you should nurture each one.

Ive never been to /lit/ but they might be able to help you out more.
>>
>>36988946
>Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis
This one seems interesting, at least to introduce in my mind something else.
Thank you for your help,
>>
YOU DO NOT NEED MOTIVATION
YOU DO NOT NEED MOTIVATION
YOU
NEED
DISCIPLINE
and there is no shortcut to discipline except by having mental fortitude, practicing and doing things until they make a habit, and by keeping going even when you have little 'motivation' to
>>
>>36988976
ive read it twice. its one of my favorites.

Also, you should read how to win friends and influence people by dale carnegie. The title makes it sound super lame like some sort of self help book but its actually really good. It was written 80 years ago and is still helpful. Its a lot of little things you may not notice that you already do, but there a ton of helpful hints in it for you to focus on. If you really read it, you will be great at conversations and people will think youre the best listener.
>>
>>36988828
Sounds like the only decent thing in your life right now is squats.
You wanna be a jobless beta with a shit tier gf or a swole jobless beta with a shit tier gf?
What more motivation do you need?
>>
>>36989088
Actually, this was pretty good.
Gotta get to those 3 pl8s,only 20 more kilos to go.

>>36989031
Back when I was ultra beta (5 to 6 years ago) I used to read those kind of books, I might give it a read, from what I recall it did help in building social relationships.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.