[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I sure am glad I'm paying all this money to buy supplements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1461981741493.jpg (21 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
1461981741493.jpg
21 KB, 252x291
I sure am glad I'm paying all this money to buy supplements to get things that I can easily get from food sources.
>>
Supplements are more convenient than foods sometimes and require less effort majority of time other than going to buy them.
>>
>>36987563
Underrated post.
>>
>eat healthy foods
>sometimes it's more convenient to have a shake than to cook a chicken breast for a protein top up
>sometimes it's easier to flick some preworkout into a glass than brew a coffee
>creatine
>creatine
>creatine
Where else can I get that from
>>
one day when your parents decide to kick you out of the house and you have to get a job, you'll realize that convenience is something that is valued by many people who have to work to support themselves.
>>
What's a cheap food source for 5 grams of creatine a day.
>>
>>36987585
Any kind of wild fish from your local ethnic market.
>>
>>36987598
>giving money to them
No thanks
>>
Yeah, I do love the convience of being able to eat what I like, yet also be able to take a multivitamin or put some whey and crwatine into a drink to make up what my diet misses.
>>
>>36987598
So. A $7 bottle of 240 pills vs traveling to get some fucking fish every week? Yeah no thanks fuck off retard.
>>
>>36987598
You would literally have to eat 500g of Herring to achieve your 5g of creatine at best. For most other fish you'd need to eat a whole kilogram to get 5g. And let's look at cost. 500g creatine monohydrate costs about 20 bucks so that's 20 cent a day for your creatine fix. Compare that to fish that probably costs at least 30bucks per kilogram and you pay 150 times the amount you'd pay for supplements. Pretty much the same story for protein sources, just not as extreme. It's also a whole lot more convenient, you literally just need a shaker and water.
>>
>>36987563
This so much. Also, you actually save money. Look at the cost/g of protein. Sure a big tub of whey costs around 60-80bucks but you get 1600-1900g of protein for that money. The best natural source for protein without any fat is chicken breast or egg whites, which are both more expensive per g of protein.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>36987598
>ethnic markets
>>
>>36987579
Its "easier" you you said it faggot. Some of us are lazy shits. Who don't have any discipline.
>>
>>36987544
>2016:
>Not knowing the difference between 'adequate health' and 'optimal health and fitness'
>Not realizing that getting all the micronutrients required for 'optimal health and fitness' from only food sources is essentially impossible
>Not realizing that some supplements, used to SUPPLEMENT a healthy diet, can make up the difference
>Not realizing that some non-essential supplements can be very beneficial
Guess some people are satisfied with 'good enough' and will never know the difference.
>>
>tfw using 5lb of ON whey every 6 weeks
>$90/6 weeks = $3/day
kind of expensive famalam
>>
>>36987585
check myprotein b r e h. they have offers all the tiem.
>>
Gomad with 4 scoops brotein is god tier. The only food I eat anymore it broccoli florets, julienned carrots, and a few other vegetables I rotate in and out as I feel like it in a stir fry. I'm not autistic enough to count my nutrition shit. Just give me pills and powders. I'll settle for getting it from food when I'm old and weak and lifting only twice a week
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.