[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /instagram/? I never understand why people have this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: happy-snake-baby.jpg (170 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
happy-snake-baby.jpg
170 KB, 600x402
Who here /instagram/?
I never understand why people have this app. Why following people? Can you explain to me the purpose of this? Can it be beneficial?

Also smiling snakes thread
>>
File: smiling-snake-17298737-1.jpg (701 KB, 1300x919) Image search: [Google]
smiling-snake-17298737-1.jpg
701 KB, 1300x919
snake bumpee
>>
Did you skip social day when you where younger?
>>
>>36986906
I'm a pretty social person, but I don't get this thing in particular
>>
>>36986915

People like to take pictures of what's happening in their lives and other people (friends, family, whatever) can keep up with their lives this way.

How do you not get this?
>>
>>36986948
but there's Facebook for that
>>
>>36986961

Not everyone posts all their pictures on facebook. Some do, but not everyone. They just use facebook as a glorified instant messenger.
>>
>>36986915
I follow mostly weightlifting and news pages.
>>
>>36986961
IG allows you to discover other people w similar interests by using the hash tags. You can also just browse recently uploaded pics from all over the world's.

Additionally, people tend to post more provocative photos on IG as its not AS public as FB, which is sometimes reserved for family and coworkers now.

Lastly, IG comes w a decent photo app which makes it very easy to take and upload pictures while also editing the photo w filters and post processing features.
>>
>>36986979
>>36987004
ok, but how does this help you (regarding being /fit/)?
or is it just to enjoy pics of fit people?
>>
>>36987140

I like looking at other people.
>>
Insecure people use it as a means to justify there existence and every insignificant action they do and to also frame themselves in a way they think makes them look happy and successful so people will 'like' them. I took a picture of some rabbit carrot stick carbage I'm having for lunch "LOOK HOT HEALTH CONCIOUS I AM, PLEASE JUSTIFY MY ACTIONS BECAUSE THE HEALTH BENEFITS THEMSELVES DON'T CUT IT." Typically you don't post shit like "I lost my job and my dad died, fuck life" although some people do for some nice sympathy points. narcissistic self masturbation really
>>
Doesn't IG belong to facebook anyway?
>>
>>36987398
This.
Instagram is just for chicks with an attention disorder.

Most sane people I know don't have an account.
>>
>>36986977

> fb as a glorified instant messenger

Exactly, the only other thing FB is/was good for was pic sharing, and you can do that now with IG and cut out all the other bullshit. FB is for seniors.
>>
>>36987398

>self masturbation

As opposed to what other forms of masturbation?
>>
>>36986906
>social day
What?
Is this a meme like Penis Inspection Day?
>>
File: 1448971131608.jpg (245 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448971131608.jpg
245 KB, 1280x720
>>36986915
>im pretty social but i don't get the social media
aka i talked to the cashier yesterday without saying "y-you too"
>>
>>36986798
> Instagram has a purpose
Kek
>>
>>36987560
Kek, nigga probably say mutual masturbation
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.