[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is sledgehammer training a meme? can't help but see everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 3[1].jpg (37 KB, 399x338) Image search: [Google]
3[1].jpg
37 KB, 399x338
is sledgehammer training a meme?

can't help but see everyone doing them nowadays .
>>
>>36986745

Do you need to get better at using a sledgehammer?
>>
Other than abs and being a fun cardio there is no point to it.
>>
is it feasable to dual wield hammers?
Would that make your training twice as good?
>>
>>36986790
Do you need to get better at lifting things & putting them back down?
>>
>>36986845
yes but only when they are carefully balanced on my shoulders
>>
>>36986745
try chopping firewood.
>>
>>36987081

My dream /fit/ scenario is a two-year stint living in a cabin in the middle of the woods. With enough food stocked/ available to meet macros I'd spend the days chopping down trees and moving logs/reading. As long as I had ESPN access I'd be golden.
>>
>>36987128
same here but this one thing stops me. food. how to you get 3000+ calories of food EVERYDAY in the middle of nowhere...
>>
File: banHammer.jpg (27 KB, 501x334) Image search: [Google]
banHammer.jpg
27 KB, 501x334
>>36986812
>lanklets BTFO
>>
>>36987128
>3-4 good friends by your side all living in a cozy log cabin in the middle of the Canadian forest
>you have to chop down trees all day to meet your resource needs in the brutal cold of winter
>after a hard day's work you go back to your cabin and watch tv with all your bros and eat whatever the fuck you want
>see lumberjack tier gains

why can't this be a reality
>>
>>36987128
>>36987422
HUNTING is how i would get my food, maybe us 3 can do it together? sharing gains and stories in the woods
>>
>>36987790
i guess that makes five or four of us? >>36988197
>>
>>36986745
Rocky did it...
>>
File: memes.jpg (170 KB, 976x672) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
170 KB, 976x672
>>36986745
yes
>>
I use a 12lbs sledge for a 10 and 2, behind the back swing, it's fun and lots of muscle groups. Try it for 3 minutes.
>>
>>36988213
Ca.. Can I join?
>>
>>36987128
>I'd spend the days chopping down trees and moving logs

Trust me you would get tired of it after a few days, unless you're just doing this for training
>>
>>36988213
we need to build a secret /fit/ gaines compound
>>
1. It is not training

2. It is not very useful
>>
>>36986745
It's training for chopping firewood for people who don't actually need chopped firewood because that is functional strength.
>>
>>36987790

Sounds a little gay man.

Why can't women be bros? Alternatively, why can't I be gay? I'd a femboi, but they're just as catty as women.
>>
>>36987790
Don't know what's more queer you wanting to live in canada or you wanting to live in canada with bunch of other queers working on your bods.
>>
>mom calls me and ask if I can move some soil from our back yard to the front so grass will grow
>being a good son I agree
>after I leave the gym (2:30ish) I head over
>90 degree Florida hear so like 100%humidity also
>she actually needed a whole trailer full so I end up shoving that shit for like a solid hour and a half
>I work out 6 days a week and run 3 miles every morning and feel more exhausted doing this then I ever do
Fuck hitting a tire with a hammer, buy a pile of dirt and move it back and forth, that was a damn good workout
>>
>>36991710
>buy a pile of dirt

Fuck, seriously?
>>
>>36986745

I worked in the oilfield for 3 years swinging hammers. My forearms got thick as fuck and my bench went up 60lbs.

It might be a meme if you're hitting soft shit like tires but I was hittting iron
>>
>>36991762
A shovel would be cheaper and you wouldn't have to use your hands.
>>
>>36991762
You can get a cube of topsoil for about 30-60$.
>>
>>36991830
You can go outside and get it for free. It's not like it has to be quality soil. You're literally just moving it around.
>>
>>36991830
>moving a cube of dirt
>a workout

How many times are you moving it?
>>
>>36987128
If you're younger than 24, merican, and really mean this, look at the back country trail program for the Ccc. Shit changed my life. Came out JACKED. More confident. Lost some of my gains from it but it set me up for life.
>>
>>36986812
It's been proven many times that dual wielding is literally a meme.
>>
>>36991881

>get paid $1300/month

lol fuck off pleb shill
>>
I gained like 20 pounds in a year or so from my job
Then 20 more over 5 years.

I shovel for many hours a day and swing hammers for hours. I can swing a sledge like crazy with actual purpose. And a lot of lifting mostly to challenge myself. Climbing too.

The problem is I stopped working so hard and a combination of it not doing much. It gave me alright upper body strength but my legs are terrible even now.

Working out with weights is way more beneficial and you might get gains if you started skelly like me, but all it will really allow you to do is infinitely swing a hammer and infinitely shovel dirt and gravel (for the two things talked about most here). My body has gotten bigger in the 3-4 months of lifting (with breaks to do said shoveling and hammering for work) than it has in the 5 years of doing that... well maybe not, but my body hit a limit or near it from that and it's gotten bigger since lifting.
>>
>>36989825
ye
>>
>>36991881
I was looking at this for a while but I figured it would just be smelly hippy types who just want to climb and hike and doing mostly mundane boring trail maintenance. What's it like senpai?
>>
>>36986845
Not him, but yes.
I have to have something to validate my existence even though I plan on going into the medical field.
Even though any other jackoff could do the same job, it's the little things.

>>36987422
Grow plants dummy.
Keep bees. Honey for gains. (If you don't throw up after binging on that bee vomit)
It'd take a while for fruit trees to grow though, so buy the land and plant the trees now.

>>36991698
>to live in canada with bunch of other queers working on your bods

Fuck that sounds great and I'm straight.
>>
>>36991998
>5 years of labouring

what does it feel like to be a failure?
>>
File: batraining.png (407 KB, 880x403) Image search: [Google]
batraining.png
407 KB, 880x403
>>36986745

nah it's legit, it's how fucking Batman gets /fit/ to fight superhaumans
>>
>>36987422
>Kill an elk
>feast on endless elk steaks and roasts and veggies from your garden everyday

I dont see the problem
>>
>>36992188
Like shit.

Make 25 bucks an hour and don't pay for any food while I work but still... pretty sure I just quit today though.
>>
>>36991710
>buy a pile of dirt and move it back and forth

If you like this kind of stuff, try rock hunting.

~1-2 hours of weighted carries on a good day if you carry two buckets around with you. You can also sell the nice stuff you get, so the hobby can pay for your whey and more.

What's a more /fit/ hobby?
Especially if you find some heavy as fuck rocks.
>>
>>36986745
It's good if you're training for a high intensity sport like boxing/mma/wrestling but if you're just looking to build big muscles it serves no purpose.

Idiots just see MMA fighters do a lot of things and copy them because they think you get to be a UFC fighter just by being really strong and curling a lot when technique and cardio are 10x more important than strength.

It's the same reason you see dumb asses wearing those masks at the gym that are supposed to be worn after sprints/high intensity shit to force you to recover while taking calm, slow breaths when you're exhausted. I see idiots wear them when jogging or just lifting regular weights or ropes are another classic example. Those exercises and equipment are made to build muscular endurance and conditioning which is different from just pure cardio you get from running or biking.
>>
File: alecorn pinkie1.jpg (13 KB, 209x214) Image search: [Google]
alecorn pinkie1.jpg
13 KB, 209x214
Why do people think chopping wood gets you huge?

I chop a shit load of wood for fires and building shit on the farm and i was always skinny fat.
>>
>>36992203
>pretty sure I just quit today though.

Good now go get a qualification and get a job that won't destroy you physically in the long run
>>
>>36992520
Because they watched Baki the grappler going up.
>>
I would actually like to do this to simulate chopping wood, I live in a suburb and it's not like I have infinite wood to chop.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.