[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ Advice Been working for 4 years in a job I absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: jasongenova.jpg (428 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
jasongenova.jpg
428 KB, 1350x900
/fit/ Advice

Been working for 4 years in a job I absolutely hate, any
/fit/ approved jobs?

>Wake up at 6:20 am, thinking FML
>Get ready, drive to work
>Arrive at desk, turn on computer, launch SolidWorks and Eplan
>Do all kinds of shit all day, bombardment with mails and phone calls
>Get headache at about 4 pm, continue
>Leave at 5:30 - 6 pm, drive to gym
>Energy levels low, still headache, lifts lower than last workout, FML again
>9 pm back at home, eat, browse /fit/, cry myself to sleep, considering suicide
>REPEAT x F

>SIDENOTE: No friends, no gf, live in small city, 28, m

Thinking about becoming a physical therapist
and working at a gym to pay the education fees.
Dream would be to open my own gym, but clueless
on how to finance it.
>>
File: laughhard.jpg (22 KB, 331x318) Image search: [Google]
laughhard.jpg
22 KB, 331x318
>>36985714
that picture.

Anyways, go fish or something, get out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>36985714
You an engineer? Mechatronics or mechanical? Should be making all kinds of dough if youre really an engineer. Stick it out for a while until you have a good amount of money and can retire
>>
>>36985947
would be nice, but I earn not nearly enough to do that until Im at least 50, and I dont want to persevere through a shitty life that long
>>
i'm in nearly the exact same boat except I just do autocad work for a mechanical engineering company making shitty pay.

every morning i remember i hate my life as i drive to go sit in a chair for 9 hours.
>>
>>36985714
>>36986226
And I thought every engineer loves, or at least likes his job.
>>
>>36986226
Got any ideas? An escape plan?
>>
>>36986275
>And I thought every engineer loves, or at least likes his job.

The CAD slaves don't.
>>
>>36985714

If you want to start your own gym follow these steps

>start saving any capital you can as you will need a down payment on any sizeable loan
>go to a bookstore or go online and find resources on how to write a business plan
>write a thorough business plan that covers: cash flow, expenses, revenue, growth, structure, employee hiring, location, why YOUR gym will have more value than others, etc
>optional: take your business plan to a business development agency and get them to review it. It will cost money though.
>once business plan is 100% it's time to get start up capital
>two routes: financial institutions(banks, small business startup agencies) and/or investors(friends family etc)
>now you have your capital, find a location (ideally the one in your business plan)
>buy all necessary assets (equipment, change room shit, computers, etc)
>sell your service ( get customers)
>continually improve to keep competitive advantage.

It's going to take you at least 5 years OP but it's not impossible. Godspeed
>>
>>36985714

I climb power poles for a living. I started lifting to strengthen my legs so I wasn't getting so sore on the poles. It's a full body workout everyday. I wouldn't recommend it to those who are scared of heights though.
>>
File: 2.jpg (37 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
37 KB, 640x421
>>36986491
thanks brah
>>
>>36986611

And once you do all of that, call me up and I'll invest my shekels in your gorilla farm
>>
>>36986708
aah how nice, I would give you a bro-job if you were here <3 you
>>
>>36986355
Fuck CAD. I thought I'd be designing spaceships and robots, not dimensioning sheet metal.
>>
File: 1461851530730.jpg (1 MB, 1504x3047) Image search: [Google]
1461851530730.jpg
1 MB, 1504x3047
is going for structural engineering good option? what other engineering fields would you reccommend?
>>
>>36987414
I definitely would recommend that you dont listen to recommendations unless you want to become an industry working drone like me
>>
Many have been in your shoes before. There are many ways out but they all involve taking control of your life, not letting fucking social conditioning (really just fear) own you.

Read "The Four Hour Work Week."
>>
>>36987348
You where delusional then. I guess at your uni you didn't have to work x amount of hours as some guys boy to graduate. My first 3 years or so I was just the boy running around doing the shit work but after that I was finally doing what I wanted to do which is actually design and build shit
>>
>>36987798
You must have a good boss then. At first I was ambitious and gave my best, but now I just half-ass everything because I know the more I do, the more tasks I get assigned. Job beginners tend to undervalue their work and compensate with effort which is ultimately stupid.
>>
File: 1407538670270.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1407538670270.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Welding, carpentry and similar trades are pretty neat.

>tfw bosses constantly giving me shit for lifting heavy parts on my own
>>
stop being such a BITCH. I work for a moving company working 50+ hours a week outside in texas, earning shit pay, and i still go to the gym after work. I wake up at 5:30 to be in at 6:30 and not even getting paid until the job starts at 8 or 9. Im doing all of this to save up for a car because its the only job i can get to by foot right now. I have literally 0 time for girls or friends. And you think your pussy ass desk job is hard? you say you get a fucking headache and you don't have energy for the gym? jesus christ OP you are literally the most beta of males, i'm ashamed to even share the same air as such a fucking puss. You don't deserve the life you've been given, you don't deserve anything you have.
>>
>>36988758
>you should stop trying to move ahead in life

Sounds like you're just bitter about not doing more with your shitty life.

Chin up OP, disregard these fuccbois
>>
>>36985714
>Been working for 4 years in a job I absolutely hate, any
>/fit/ approved jobs?
I've been in the same job since i was 15, I am working on a TEFL course and am going to move to Vietnam in a few months
>>
>>36985714
I assume you have an engineering degree. So find another job in a low cost area. This means move to the job dont whine about one not being where you are or where you want to live. Get money from said job. Im a mech engineer and if I wanted to, I could have banked about 250K in savings in 5 years with my starting salary. Do that. Now you have your "Fuck it" fund to bankroll your dream.
>>
>>36987798
Sucks to be you, my first job out of uni was designing diesel engine and cooling systems for a large company. It paid about $30 an hour with benefits plus time and a half for overtime. That was many years ago and I see my designs irl running all over the place.
>>
>>36985714
1. Get on gear but don't tell anyone
2. Make a shitload of YouTube videos giving basic fitness advice and photoshopped Instagram posts with generic motivational quotes
3. Get a following and start selling cheap supplements claiming them to be the secret to natty muscle growth
4. Rake in the dough

Proven business model.
>>
>>36988758

Why are you showing up not being paid?
>>
>>36985714
That pic is actually kind of motivating.

Hard work > talent
>>
4 years at the same company is plenty of time for basic experience. Time for you to move on, OP. Go to a bigger city.
>>
File: 1460948385299.jpg (20 KB, 583x616) Image search: [Google]
1460948385299.jpg
20 KB, 583x616
>>36986355
When I started taking engineering in college I thought I'd be physically working on and building machines with my hands. Little did I know, the only machines I was able to handle all day was a fucking computer. I dropped that shit like a brick and now I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do.
>>
>>36986611
I'm having trouble believing Gill Bates actually said that
>>
>>36989702

So get into a technical field. With an engineering degree and experience, it shouldn't be too hard to downgrade to technician from engineer.
>>
File: n-nohomo.jpg (56 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
n-nohomo.jpg
56 KB, 500x302
>>36986727
>>
>>36989702
Millwright, those are the guys who build and fix the machines. Fun and stimulating job but you got to be and to put up with bullshit on all sides
>>
>>36989702
You know, there are people who actually get paid (and a lot of the time quite handsomely) to work on and build machines with their hands.
Do that.
>>
>>36985714
>solidworks
So youre a draftsman or engineer huh? Thats pretty /fit approved
>>
>be CAD monkey
>hate job/shit pay
>get job as building inspector working for city
>enjoy job/good pay
>get job as firefighter
>love job/great pay
>paid to lift.png
>>
I work security at my university. It's just a job before I get an internship for sexual psychology. Both are /fit approved I think. (unless fit is super hype on stem)
>>
>>36986275
It depends if you're actually going into something worthwhile. If all you do is shit around with CAD all day then your just a slightly better of office drone. They should have gone into wastewater or nuclear or something actually interesting.
>>
>>36986491
>optional: take your business plan to a business development agency and get them to review it. It will cost money though.
Alot of universities will do that for free for aspiring entrepreneurs.
>>
ITT deskfaggots not knowing that they have the ideal job for being /fit/

Go work a physical job that blows you out daily, leaves you sore constantly and kills gains.

Cry moar, faggots.
>>
>>36991798
I love being a cubicle monkey. Just hate what it's done to my posture over the past few years.
>>
Private Investigator. I make my own hours, have clients as well as contract myself out. Only miss the gym when I'm on long assignments. Some shitty parts like long stakeouts but otherwise I love it. Get paid to creep on people. Its awesome
>>
File: smug8.jpg (136 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
smug8.jpg
136 KB, 560x570
>>36989702
>he fell for the engineering meme
>>
>>36985714
Read "rich dad, poor dad" by robert kyiosaki. It explains financial idependence so simple even I, a financial illiterate, could understand it. Cost me 8 bucks to change my financial view on life.

Before I was just doing work to cover my rent, now I have an actual purpose and are more motivated to go to work, bc I know what I'm gonna do for the next five years.
>>
>hates job
>looks for "/fit/ approved jobs"
holy shit dude you are the most cucked faggot ever
you'll never make it because you rely on a fuckin anonymous image board to make your life decisions
talk about KEKED TO THE FUCKIN MAX
>>
>>36992153
this guy here was too dumb to be engineer
>>
>>36988758
Hurrr physical effort hard, brain effort ez durr herpderp
>>
>>36988758
I think you're the bitch here. Sucking your boss's cock and not getting paid. Assuming working long hours and neglecting your social life makes you some kind of "tough guy". Get a life faggot.
>>
>>36992153
>believing /pol/
kek
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.